Dead infants found in Winnipeg: Cops

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dead infants found in Winnipeg: Cops
QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:01 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:03 AM EDT
WINNIPEG — Police say they've discovered the bodies of several babies in Winnipeg.
CBC reports the bodies were found in a storage locker.
A press conference announcing the details is scheduled for 11 a.m. local time.
Dead infants found in storage locker: Winnipeg cops | Canada | News | Toronto Su

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Remains of four dead infants found in Winnipeg storage locker

Remains of four dead infants found in Winnipeg storage locker

Chinta Puxley, The Canadian Press
Published Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:11AM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:11PM EDT
WINNIPEG -- Police in Winnipeg say they have discovered the remains of as many as four dead infants in a city storage locker.
Const. Eric Hofley says concerned employees at the storage locker company called police Monday and, once inside, police found what appeared to be the remains of up to four infants.
"The remains were in a state such as it's not obvious yet exactly whether we are dealing with four separate remains or three," Hofley told a news conference Tuesday. "That will be determined at autopsy."

It's not clear how old the infants were or how they died, he said. But the victims appear to be "very, very young" and could be newborns, Hofley said.
Autopsies were being conducted, he said.
The discovery is being investigated by the child abuse unit and it's not clear yet if the deaths were the result of a homicide, he added.
Police are talking to a few people, but the remains don't appear to be linked to any infants that have been reported missing, he said.
"It's suspicious. Until autopsies have been completed, whether it is found that someone has deliberately caused the death of one or all of these infants, that remains to be seen. It's just too early in the investigation to say exactly what's transpired here."
Police are remaining tight-lipped for now because they don't want to do anything to jeopardize an investigation that is not yet 24 hours old, he said.
"This incident (is) tragic beyond belief and leaves many questions unanswered at this time. They're unanswered for our investigators. Once we have those answers, I will be there to provide them to you. At this point, I have no further information."
An update on the investigation was expected Wednesday.

Read more: Remains of four dead infants found in Winnipeg storage locker | CTV News

Oh my God. How do people throw babies away like that? Babies. Disgusting.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"Hofley said it's too early to say what happened or whether the deaths were the result of foul play."
When I had an infant around I can't recall ever forgetting where I left them. Yes I did a nightly headcount and the right number showed up every time.
Since Winnipeg is a hot spot for trouble Natives do the odds point to them being from that section of Canadian society?