Trinity Western grad 'attacked' for being Christian in job rejection

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
A Trinity Western University graduate says she was “attacked” over her religion by a Norwegian wilderness tourism company, just for applying for a job.
Bethany Paquette claims her application to work in Canada's North for Amaruk Wilderness Corp. was rejected because she's Christian.
"It did really hurt me and I did feel really attacked on the basis that I'm a Christian," Paquette said.
In her complaint to the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal, Paquette outlines a series of emails from executives from Amaruk Wilderness Corp.
Paquette, an experienced river rafting guide, applied to be a wilderness guide for Amaruk’s Canadian operations in the North.

Trinity Western grad 'attacked' for being Christian in job rejection - British Columbia - CBC News

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If moonbat Born Yesterdays stuck to the word of Jesus and the NT, they wouldn't run into troubles like this.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The problem comes from a current dispute about some Christian Lawyers or law program
and it has poisoned the well for students perhaps in other programs. i think we should try
to get beyond the labels and find out how well these people can perform in their professional
duties. the problem is everyone has to proclaim themselves as Christians Muslims Jews or
what ever else they happen to be and it seems the word Qualified doesn't come up that
often and it should

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Are the executives of Amaruk Wilderness Corp a bunch of 10 year olds? When you reject someone for a job you say "Thanks but no thanks" and that's it, you do not add "personal opinions". It's neither the time nor the place for it.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Jesus! A_sshole may as well have said, "If we can't fuk you we don't want you".

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If she was Muslim they would have been done for racism by now.