The Cholesterol Theory is a Total Scam!

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
In the last few decades "The Cholesterol Theory" has contributed significantly to deteriorating health throughout the world. The cholesterol theory – also called the Lipid (fat) Hypothesis – is the belief that high blood cholesterol promotes atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and heart disease. However this has proved to be totally untrue, making it one of the biggest scams in history.
Cholesterol is a molecule, often called a lipid or fat, which is a soft, waxy substance found in every cell in your body. Contrary to propaganda by the medical, drug and food industries, cholesterol is not a deadly poison, but a substance that is vital to the cells of all mammals.
Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD, writes in his book The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy That Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease: "Your cholesterol tells very little about your future health."
In other words your cholesterol levels are a non-issue when it comes to predicting your future health as pointed out by Dr. Ravnskov: "A high blood cholesterol is said to promote atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and thus also coronary heart disease. But many studies have shown that people whose blood cholesterol is low become just as atherosclerotic as people whose cholesterol is high. So it is obvious that the common "cause" of atherosclerosis and heart disease is "not" high cholesterol.
The fact "is" that even if you ate absolutely no fats or oils of any kind your body would still produce cholesterol. Your body produces three to four times more cholesterol than you eat. The production of cholesterol increases when you eat little cholesterol and decreases when you eat much."
Cholesterol is your friend and not some dangerous monster. It is a vital repair and protective substance that is extremely important for proper functioning of the immune system and many other body functions as follows:

1. Nourishing the brain, which is 80% cholesterol.
  2. Forms the structure of all cell membranes.
  3. Nourishes and maintains a healthy nervous system; it is directly responsible for the formation of nerve fiber sheaths.
  4. Formation of hormones, including estrogen, testosterone, aldosterone (produced by the adrenal glands), etc.
  5. Formation of vitamin D.
  6. Formation of bile acids required for digestion.
  7. Protects repairs and strengthens the heart, as well as the walls of arteries and blood vessels.
  8. Heals, strengthens and repairs the lining of the intestines.
  9. Builds healthy bones and muscles.
  10. Protects against infectious diseases.
  11. Regulates blood sugar.
  12. Repairs damaged tissues.
  13. Protects the body from the damaging effects of toxins; it is a powerful antioxidant.
  14. Maintains energy, vitality, libido [sexual desire] and fertility.
  15. Many other important functions. The Cholesterol Theory is a Total Scam!

What got me searching this subject is when I decided to stop taking Liptor for colesterol. Twenty yrs ago I had open heart surgery to install aortic and mitral valves prothesis. When I came home my family doctor said she wanted me to take a statin for my colesterol even though I had a reading of below normal, it was just in case. About two months ago told my doctor that I wanted to stop taking this medication and all she said was alright. When I started taking Liptor she told me that once I took it I had to take it for life. So I decided to do some research, this is only one article I found but there are many more.

It just strengthens the fact that we should never believe everything we are told, not even our doctors.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
In the last few decades "The Cholesterol Theory" has contributed significantly to deteriorating health throughout the world. The cholesterol theory – also called the Lipid (fat) Hypothesis – is the belief that high blood cholesterol promotes atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and heart disease. However this has proved to be totally untrue, making it one of the biggest scams in history.
Cholesterol is a molecule, often called a lipid or fat, which is a soft, waxy substance found in every cell in your body. Contrary to propaganda by the medical, drug and food industries, cholesterol is not a deadly poison, but a substance that is vital to the cells of all mammals.
Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD, writes in his book The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy That Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease: "Your cholesterol tells very little about your future health."
In other words your cholesterol levels are a non-issue when it comes to predicting your future health as pointed out by Dr. Ravnskov: "A high blood cholesterol is said to promote atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and thus also coronary heart disease. But many studies have shown that people whose blood cholesterol is low become just as atherosclerotic as people whose cholesterol is high. So it is obvious that the common "cause" of atherosclerosis and heart disease is "not" high cholesterol.
The fact "is" that even if you ate absolutely no fats or oils of any kind your body would still produce cholesterol. Your body produces three to four times more cholesterol than you eat. The production of cholesterol increases when you eat little cholesterol and decreases when you eat much."
Cholesterol is your friend and not some dangerous monster. It is a vital repair and protective substance that is extremely important for proper functioning of the immune system and many other body functions as follows:

1. Nourishing the brain, which is 80% cholesterol.
  2. Forms the structure of all cell membranes.
  3. Nourishes and maintains a healthy nervous system; it is directly responsible for the formation of nerve fiber sheaths.
  4. Formation of hormones, including estrogen, testosterone, aldosterone (produced by the adrenal glands), etc.
  5. Formation of vitamin D.
  6. Formation of bile acids required for digestion.
  7. Protects repairs and strengthens the heart, as well as the walls of arteries and blood vessels.
  8. Heals, strengthens and repairs the lining of the intestines.
  9. Builds healthy bones and muscles.
  10. Protects against infectious diseases.
  11. Regulates blood sugar.
  12. Repairs damaged tissues.
  13. Protects the body from the damaging effects of toxins; it is a powerful antioxidant.
  14. Maintains energy, vitality, libido [sexual desire] and fertility.
  15. Many other important functions. The Cholesterol Theory is a Total Scam!

What got me searching this subject is when I decided to stop taking Liptor for colesterol. Twenty yrs ago I had open heart surgery to install aortic and mitral valves prothesis. When I came home my family doctor said she wanted me to take a statin for my colesterol even though I had a reading of below normal, it was just in case. About two months ago told my doctor that I wanted to stop taking this medication and all she said was alright. When I started taking Liptor she told me that once I took it I had to take it for life. So I decided to do some research, this is only one article I found but there are many more.

It just strengthens the fact that we should never believe everything we are told, not even our doctors.

Well, I've certainly always thought much of the bally hoo about cholesterol is a bunch of hype. How else could you attribute good health right through old age among the Eskimos? Sedentary life style is the big killer- get lots of exercise and take it easy with the salt and sugar and I think most people will be healthy. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. -:)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I took Crestor for a while ya that was great I had a severe muscle deterioration issue.
Took about 8 months to overcome that and I didn't go near it ever again. It is a huge
scam. The reason more and more people are finding it out or are willing to listen is
because the I am against everything crowd didn't get on the bandwagon first ordinary
people said wait a minute this doesn't seem right. The points you made above also
have merit this was on PBS one night quite an interesting topic