First Nations girl's family rejects chemo, hospital goes to court to force treatment

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Not sure, it was the other story along with the one mentioned in the article that caught my attention.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Not sure, it was the other story along with the one mentioned in the article that caught my attention.

This one is the same story I posted here, what about a week or so ago? But I actually remember the other one because I posted that one here too....maybe last year??? Can't remember. But that's what caught my attention, I wanted to make sure it wasn't the same story. Now from the best of my recollection, both girls are around the same age, they come from the same community, they have the same cancer....which leads to questions of it's own maybe. So why treat the cases so differently. Something else must be going on.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
When they get what is left of her they should up the O2 theropy according to the cancer society recomendations. If they can they should start that even before the chemo. There are several ways to up the O2 witout having your own chamber.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Most native people I know would see this as just another form of genocide against natives. Chemo is the most barbaric of all allopathic "remedies". There are much more effective and less expensive ways to cure cancer but there is no money in them for Big Pharma. I would never expose myself to such torture.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Florida spa that treated First Nations girls with cancer faces lawsuits from ex-staff

Director Brian Clement giving false hope, putting patients at risk, nurse says

Makayla Sault was there in July, and has since suffered a relapse.

The other girl, who cannot be named because of a court-ordered publication ban, stopped chemotherapy treatment at Hamilton's McMaster Children's Hospital, where she was given a 90-95 per cent chance of survival, to go to the Florida spa in September.

Steven Pugh worked at HHI for over a year as a nurse. He was concerned the Clements were giving false hope to patients.
"They would use the word cure. 'We're going to cure your illness.'"

Neither of the Clements is a licensed medical doctor, though both refer to themselves as doctors with clients as well as on the HHI website.

Brian Clement says he is a doctor of nutrition, but there is some question about his credentials and Florida authorities say he is not licensed as a doctor of naturopathy.

Pugh says that the Clements routinely interpreted laboratory blood tests, ordered IVs and prescribed supplements.

They also placed restrictions on when staff could call an ambulance to take patients for emergency medical care at local hospitals, according to Pugh and other former staff.

Pugh told CBC News that lives could have been placed at risk because the Clements prescribed treatments to patients.

"Not only prescribe but actually cancel the physician's orders ... and advise them to take something totally different, or even a different amount of the drug that the physician prescribed."

more

Florida spa that treated First Nations girls with cancer faces lawsuits from ex-staff - Aboriginal - CBC