16% of Britons believe gay sex should be ‘outlawed’ – survey

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
16% of Britons believe gay sex should be ‘outlawed’ – survey

Almost one in six Britons believe that gay sex should be made illegal, despite the UK passing the same-sex marriage bill last year.

Almost one in six Britons believe that gay sex should be made illegal, despite the UK passing the same-sex marriage bill last year.

The shocking figure comes from a survey carried out by The Observer, examining the sexual habits and behaviour of Britons today. Sampling 1,052 UK adults, the survey found that around 16 percent of people wanted homosexual intercourse to be outlawed by the government. Additionally, despite having one of the largest gay communities in the UK, more than 20 percent of Londoners surveyed were against gay sex.

However, the number of people against same-sex relations has fallen since the newspaper conducted its last survey in 2008, where 24 percent were against gay sex. More than 60 percent of Britons support same-sex marriage and the right for gay couples to adopt children, compared to just over half of respondents six years ago.

The survey also showed that Britons have a declining sex drive, with a rise in couples not having sex at all for over a month, while the average person now engages in intimacy four times a month, compared to seven times previously.

Britons are also less promiscuous or adventurous with their sex lives today compared to 2008. Less than a third of British people consider their sex lives exciting, although straight couples are less likely to have experimented in the bedroom compared to their homosexual counterparts.

That said, 22 percent of men admitted that they visited prostitutes, representing a 4 percentage point surge since 2008. The majority of men visiting prostitutes were between 25-34, with many respondents being young professionals.

While Britons might be having less sex, 72 percent of responding to the survey did say they were in stable relationships, which includes more than half of 16-24 year olds. However, while straight couples had an average relationship length of 17 years, in contrast, homosexuals in stable relationships had an average of five years.

source: 16% of Britons believe gay sex should be ?outlawed? ? survey ? RT UK

Wonder what the percentage is in Canada or is Canadians more progressive than our British ancestors.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Too right it's shocking.

It's shocking that it's only 16%. Should be higher.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why would it bother you?

Because I'm disappointed only 16% of people think it's wrong.

Political correctness really has gone mad.

Anyway, thank God I live in Britain rather than Canada. At least there are people in Britain who think gay sex is wrong. You lot in Canada are all weird and all of you believe that gay sex is a perfectly normal and natural thing to do.

Shocking.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Because I'm disappointed only 16% of people think it's wrong.

Political correctness really has gone mad.

Anyway, thank God I live in Britain rather than Canada. At least there are people in Britain who think gay sex is wrong. You lot in Canada are all weird and all of you believe that gay sex is a perfectly normal and natural thing to do.

Shocking.

We're glad you live in Britain too. We Canadians don't like intolerance, especially toward people who are what they are! You should just be thankful you are not queer yourself, if in fact you are not. -:)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
. We Canadians don't like intolerance,

I don't like people who think things which shouldn't be tolerated SHOULD be tolerated, like homosexuality.

If you Canadians want to tolerate everything then that's fine by me, but I wouldn't want to live in such a society. There should be a limit to tolerance.

Why should I be expected to tolerate the intolerable?

At least the gays are having sex. Apparently the straights are rapidly turning into nons in Old Blight.

They're being brainwashed by the Liberal Establishment, led by the Establishment parties (Tories, Labour and Liberal Dumbocrats), which does everything it can to normalise and even promote gay marriage whilst at the same time it discourages and even penalises normal, heterosexual marriage between a man and a woman.

And, of course, our useless left-wing teachers are brainwashing kids into believing that homosexualitty is, and always has been, normal and desirable, whereas heterosexuality is something to be ashamed of, and that's what our youngsters leaving school nowadays now believe.

It's no wonder Western civilsiation is falling at the seams and why people int he future are all gonna end up with two mums or two dads and therefore not get a proper upbringing.

In May 2015 all voters in Britain should go out and vote Ukip in the General Election, and stop believing the rubbish peddled by the liberal media and Establishment that "a vote of Ukip increases the chances of Labout getting into power".

If everybody votes for Ukip in may then Ukip will win the election, and that is what this country needs.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't like people who think things which shouldn't be tolerated SHOULD be tolerated, like homosexuality.

If you Canadians want to tolerate everything then that's fine by me, but I wouldn't want to live in such a society. There should be a limit to tolerance.

Why should I be expected to tolerate the intolerable?

Why shouldn't it be tolerated? Maybe you shouldn't be tolerated!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
. . . and the other 84% have had sex before they leave home at 18. (like everyplace else in the world)
Sex in the UK is a better money make if kept in the 'black market' area as you can't tax fun but you can double or triple the price and there is still a line-up waiting for some.
Next to blood-lust sex is the 2nd biggest reason people are taken against their will.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
We're glad you live in Britain too. We Canadians don't like intolerance, especially toward people who are what they are! You should just be thankful you are not queer yourself, if in fact you are not. -:)

HUH, we Canadians?? I'm Canadian and I'll gladly put up with the intolerance, as it's our right.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... even if one does not agree with it.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

BS. We have our fair share of backward thinking bigots.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Only 16%? That's pretty good. Few more years and the old school hold outs will have died out. Progress marches on...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Statistically the isn't unusual. 16 % probably think there should be a moon invasion.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Same as when I first posted anything about God here. A reader of Scripture if you would, odd that the writers came to this conclusion but then the had medieval RCC to chat with and bigger trolls have never seen the light of day. arrived at the same conclusion. Troll here that show up on the religios threads aren't much different. Would the advice here not apply to anybody with an interest in any subject. You start off believing all you are told and as interest takes hold you take in more and more info and at some point you can tell what is 'useful information' and what is 'garbage'. If that can be done with the Bible then it can be applied to other subjects and if it can be applied to other subjects and the results are worth the effort then the same will happen when applied to the Scriptures and the vain words of men take on a lot less importance than they originally did. Syria can put through the same process and that would solve some questions about the whole area. You like to think you have your finger on the pulse of what is a fact and what is not. There is a speech coming up at the UN by Israel where all the 'lies' will be exposed, make a thread when it does and I'll give you my version of what he is saying that is factual and then how he spins it to be a lie that supports the IDF being able to 'hurt any civilian' let alone 'contain anybody' the same way the Japanese were in WWII and Jews in Germany would have been suspect of dual loyalities when they had just organized a boycott worldwide. Move those events into light of today then the Jews would have been like the Japanese except they were given menial jobs to do. A war crime but making any prisoner do manual labor is a crime in Canada also. That should be open fot reference in a thread like this without it being a mental stability issue (for you and the usual suspects) Blackleaf actually replied properly in one post, a new record for him. You going to try and beat it?

(166 KJV Preface in part)
Zeal to promote the common good, whether it be by devising anything ourselves, or revising that which hath been laboured by others, deserveth certainly much respect and esteem, but yet findeth but cold entertainment in the world. It is welcomed with suspicion instead of love, and with emulation instead of thanks: and if there be any hole left for cavil to enter, (and cavil, if it do not find a hole, will make one) it is sure to be misconstrued, and in danger to be condemned. This will easily be granted by as many as know story, or have any experience. For, was there ever any-projected, that savoured any way of newness or renewing, but the same endured many a storm of gainsaying, or opposition?

Againe, there be many rare names of certaine birds, beastes and precious stones, &c. concerning which the Hebrewes themselves are so divided among themselves for judgement, that they may seeme to have defined this or that, rather because they would say something, the because they were sure of that which they said, as S. Jerome somewhere saith of the Septuagint. Now in such a case, doth not a margine do well to admonish the Reader to seeke further, and not to conclude or dogmatize upon this or that peremptorily?

An other thing we thinke good to admonish thee of (gentle Reader) that wee have not tyed our selves to an uniformitie of phrasing, or to an identitie of words, as some peradventure would wish that we had done, because they observe, that some learned men some where, have beene as exact as they could that way.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I've been forthright in condemning the affirmation, promotion and legitimization of homosexuality in our culture .. as one that is profoundly destructive to the individual and society.

We've become facilitators in providing nonsense sophistry and institutional license to confuse vulnerable young people attempting to develop a mature sexual identity. We have provided a model of stunted, narcissitic, gratuituous and self absorbed sexuality as a valid alternative (which includes ALL homosexuality) when it will produce only misery, disease and cultural fragmentation.

That said i oppose re-criminalizing homosexuality between consenting adults as a futile exercise. I wouldn't criminalize other moral and libertine acts.. adultery, masturbation, promiscuity either. It's something that has to be worked out from proper formation or experience or conscience.. and some people will never get it, no matter what impediments are put in place.

Last edited: