Police officer shot in Ferguson amid unrest


B00Mer
#1
Police officer shot in Ferguson amid unrest



A police officer has been shot in the US city of Ferguson, Missouri, a St. Louis suburb still gripped by public outrage over the killing of an unarmed teenager by a cop last month.

St. Louis County Police spokesman Brian Schellman told CNN that the officer was not killed in the incident.

The officer was shot in the arm, KMOV 4 reports as police have cordoned off the crime scene. Reports indicate the suspect fled on foot. K9 officers and police helicopters are searching the area.



Police. Everywhere: Video https://vine.co/v/OZpeq2jLr3d (external - login to view)

source: rt.com/usa/191244-policeman-s...guson-clashes/ (external - login to view)
 
JLM
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Police officer shot in Ferguson amid unrest



A police officer has been shot in the US city of Ferguson, Missouri, a St. Louis suburb still gripped by public outrage over the killing of an unarmed teenager by a cop last month.

St. Louis County Police spokesman Brian Schellman told CNN that the officer was not killed in the incident.

The officer was shot in the arm, KMOV 4 reports as police have cordoned off the crime scene. Reports indicate the suspect fled on foot. K9 officers and police helicopters are searching the area.



Police. Everywhere: Video https://vine.co/v/OZpeq2jLr3d (external - login to view)

source: Police officer shot in Ferguson amid unrest ? RT USA (external - login to view)


This could go on for years. Maybe a good thing if it does!
 
Locutus
#3
Justice Department tells Ferguson police to stop wearing bracelets (external - login to view)
 
Walter
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Maybe a good thing if it does!

How's that?
 
CDNBear
#5
Is there any wonder police dept's are becoming more and more militarized? Not that police haven't been para military in nature always.

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Justice Department tells Ferguson police to stop wearing bracelets (external - login to view)

Those acts don't help them at all. But the sentiment isn't lost on me.
 
SLM
#6
Not to nit pick but he wasn't shot amid unrest, he was shot in the arm by a suspect fleeing the scene of a crime. But why would the news lead with that, a local story at best, when they can instead capitalize on the recent national news coverage.
 
JLM
+1
#7  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

How's that?


Folks take a dim view of people shooting cops.
 
CDNBear
#8
People take a dim view of cops shooting unarmed people.
 
SLM
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Folks take a dim view of people shooting cops.

More should actually.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

People take a dim view of cops shooting unarmed people.

As they should as well.
 
B00Mer
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

People take a dim view of cops shooting unarmed people.

Not if they have a history of strong arm robberies, and try to take the police officers gun and assault the officer...

The thug got what he deserved, and it saved the tax payers some money.

I know, to everyone the cop is the bad guy... until you need one.. then they can't get their fast enough.
 
CDNBear
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Not if they have a history of strong arm robberies, and try to take the police officers gun and assault the officer...

The thug got what he deserved, and it saved the tax payers some money.

I know, to everyone the cop is the bad guy... until you need one.. then they can't get their fast enough.

Ummm, ya, no. I'm not one of those people. I'm just waiting for all the evidence to come out. But that doesn't change the fact that shooting unarmed people raises eyebrows and upsets the townfolk.
 
BaalsTears
#12
I wonder if the shooter was Eric Holder?
 
Locutus
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Is there any wonder police dept's are becoming more and more militarized? Not that police haven't been para military in nature always.

Those acts don't help them at all. But the sentiment isn't lost on me.


FERGUSON Mo. (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department asked the Ferguson, Missouri, Police Department on Friday to order its officers not to wear bracelets in support of the white policeman who shot to death an unarmed black teenager last month, sparking protests.

Yeah, they're just supporting the officer because he is white. The media trolls the plebes.
 
CDNBear
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

FERGUSON Mo. (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department asked the Ferguson, Missouri, Police Department on Friday to order its officers not to wear bracelets in support of the white policeman who shot to death an unarmed black teenager last month, sparking protests.

Yeah, they're just supporting the officer because he is white. The media trolls the plebes.

Ya, I really didn't pay any attention to the wording, it was the message that actually matters, because the bracelets are a form of trolling too.

Look, I get the blue wall and the brotherhood, after all these years you should know that.

It doesn't change the fact that trolling the the masses in a mess like this, doesn't help your side.
 
Corduroy
#15
This is what the gun nuts were always talking about it. The second amendment gives citizens the tools to stand up to tyranny. So here's a town on a military lockdown because i's people are demanding justice, and they are finally using their second amendment rights to get it. Right-wing gun nuts should be ecstatic and packing up right now to join the revolution they've always been going on about it.

What's that? They aren't? I wonder why not.
 
SLM
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Ya, I really didn't pay any attention to the wording, it was the message that actually matters, because the bracelets are a form of trolling too.

Look, I get the blue wall and the brotherhood, after all these years you should know that.

It doesn't change the fact that trolling the the masses in a mess like this, doesn't help your side.

Anything that stirs the pot doesn't. You need to find that right balance, support while not unduly antagonizing the opposition, because nobody is winning that kind of 'war'.
 
spaminator
#17
Ferguson protester gets 25 years for shooting two cops | World | News | Toronto
 

Similar Threads

no new posts