The UN Confirms It: Canada's Relationship with First Nations Is Broken

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
They've confirmed it for the record.

Society requires that. We need everything spelled out. Otherwise we whinge and moan that it wasn't mentioned before. Man is a manipulating creature.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
They've confirmed it for the record.

Society requires that. We need everything spelled out. Otherwise we whinge and moan that it wasn't mentioned before. Man is a manipulating creature.

Wasn't hard to confirm. First Nations wanted more money........They always want more money.:roll:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Wasn't hard to confirm. First Nations wanted more money........They always want more money.:roll:

Who doesn't want more money? We ALL want more money. Less taxes, more services. Why would you think any other shade of skin would want less?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The relationship is not broken, it's always been rotten, it still is. I want more money. You're a bit of an oddball if you don't want more money Jaun.

Who doesn't want more money? We ALL want more money. Less taxes, more services. Why would you think any other shade of skin would want less?

good thinking

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The relationship is not broken, it's always been rotten, it still is. I want more money. You're a bit of an oddball if you don't want more money Jaun.

good thinking

I don't want more money. I have more than I need. What I want is more time to enjoy it.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Just look at health care, water, health issues, education. Yep the Govt needs money to address these issues.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I don't want more money. I have more than I need. What I want is more time to enjoy it.

I once heard someone say that if you want more time, you have to stay in the moment. Otherwise you are just runnning through time.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

How do you know how much you'll need? You should spend some time going over your plan. You may have less than you think.

I once heard someone say that if you want more time, you have to stay in the moment. Otherwise you are just runnning through time.

I tried that, took the whole summer moment by moment, the firewood isn't done, I'll get to spend the winter moment by cold moment waiting for the sun to return.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
How do you know how much you'll need? You should spend some time going over your plan. You may have less than you think.

Right now I could use an extra 2 hours to squeeze in a round of golf.

I'm not talking about time added onto the end of my life. I'm talking about extra time today.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
In many cases its not about money its about respect. The way many of the natives view
the world is far different than the European model. If we listened decades ago we might
not have the problems with our environment we have today, yes we have problems the
world is not ending cause we have problems but if we could avoid many of those over
all problems things would be better.
A century ago we put people on reserves so we could take the best land and develop it
for societies gain. Now we find out the scrub land was really the best land as it has the
natural gas, the oil, and other minerals including diamonds. Now society is working on
schemes to get their hands of the minerals the native own. In fact they want to have the
native own their own parcels on the reserve so they can buy the land as well.
I suppose their is a lesson when they set out to screw the Natives they ended up screwing
themselves. Some would say its divine justice
It is not so much the system is broken its just the Natives have really good lawyers and the
communities are standing up for their rights. Damn its annoying when people have rights
they they actually make the effort to exercise their right to whatever. Personally I don't know
if the system is broken or the Natives know how to manage the agenda better than ever
before

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well ya, you haven't finished paying for what ya took.

Hurry up, would ya.

Well if the UN confirms it....I mean they've always got everything else right......wait for it.............lolz
Who knew, the UN and you have something in common, you get something right once in a blue moon.

He says as he spends another hour online, lolz.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"We' don't have one so how can 'they' claim it's broken? At the same time the last big issue I heard about took 20 years and $100M to get it through the Canadian Courts When it is a Treaty Issue the Canadian Supreme Court belongs at the Defendants table at an impartial Court with 'impartial Judges' The First Nations would get a fairer trial by having judges from Central and South American that they would from the Arab Nations that are part of the active bombing of the International Reservation called Syria. (who also has some issues that need a different court that the US, the UK or France would provide. That means the security members right to veto something they are involved in would be null and void as they are the enforcers of the rulings and doing both tasks is abuse of power. Having your people sent into the killing zone will usually have you looking for a solution to the issue before it reaches that level. The attempt to resirict Russia's authority to veto when it comes to the Ukraine is being promoted at the UN right now. That would leave the door open for the US to lose the ability to veto issues brought up about Israel.