Trudeau- Is he right or wrong for the boycott of Sun news?

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Justin Trudeau boycotts Sun Media over Ezra Levant rant - Politics - CBC News

Jonathan Kay: Justin Trudeau’s Sun boycott is morally justified | National Post

In today’s National Post, my colleague Tasha Kheiriddin calls out both Ezra Levant and Justin Trudeau for letting their political passions get the better of them.

Kheiriddin notes, correctly, that Levant’s September 15 segment on Sun News Network — alleging that Trudeau is some kind of ego-maniac sex monster because he obliged a wedding party’s request for a playful photobomb — was hysterical and factually wrong. (Levant sketched Trudeau as a libidinous marauder descending on an ingénue bride — which, according to members of the wedding party itself, is complete nonsense.)

Kheiriddin also calls out Levant for his cruel and vulgar attacks on the sexual mores of Trudeau’s parents. Since we now know that Justin’s mother was battling mental illness at the time of the events Levant describes, Levant’s words seem especially low.

These are the sort of your-momma taunts that high school boys shout at one another to incite a brawl. And it is a complete embarrassment to Sun that Levant was permitted to go on air with such a rant. The rumor is that quality control at the network is so poor that Levant can say anything he wants during his monologues — including vicious and unhinged attacks against identifiable ethnic groups. This episode would suggest that the rumor is true.

Yet Kheiriddin argues that, no matter how vile Levant’s words, Trudeau still should not have taken the step of boycotting every journalist in the Sun chain. “The boycott reinforces the notion that Trudeau shuts down people whose views he does not share,” she writes. “It plays into the current controversy over Trudeau’s refusal to allow pro-life Liberal MPs to speak and vote their conscience on abortion, because he disagrees with their position. Finally, Trudeau’s stance disrespects the public, who rely on the media to hold politicians accountable for their views and acts.”

I disagree.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Trudeau's response seems mostly emotional. Understandable--nobody appreciates "yo mama a ho" insults. But such are the slings and arrows of politics. He should have just ignored it. The old saying "Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig likes it" comes to mind.

Your poll question is odd. You can't answer an "Is he right or wrong" question with a "yes" or "no." :lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Justin Trudeau boycotts Sun Media over Ezra Levant rant - Politics - CBC News

Jonathan Kay: Justin Trudeau’s Sun boycott is morally justified | National Post

In today’s National Post, my colleague Tasha Kheiriddin calls out both Ezra Levant and Justin Trudeau for letting their political passions get the better of them.

Kheiriddin notes, correctly, that Levant’s September 15 segment on Sun News Network — alleging that Trudeau is some kind of ego-maniac sex monster because he obliged a wedding party’s request for a playful photobomb — was hysterical and factually wrong. (Levant sketched Trudeau as a libidinous marauder descending on an ingénue bride — which, according to members of the wedding party itself, is complete nonsense.)

Kheiriddin also calls out Levant for his cruel and vulgar attacks on the sexual mores of Trudeau’s parents. Since we now know that Justin’s mother was battling mental illness at the time of the events Levant describes, Levant’s words seem especially low.

These are the sort of your-momma taunts that high school boys shout at one another to incite a brawl. And it is a complete embarrassment to Sun that Levant was permitted to go on air with such a rant. The rumor is that quality control at the network is so poor that Levant can say anything he wants during his monologues — including vicious and unhinged attacks against identifiable ethnic groups. This episode would suggest that the rumor is true.

Yet Kheiriddin argues that, no matter how vile Levant’s words, Trudeau still should not have taken the step of boycotting every journalist in the Sun chain. “The boycott reinforces the notion that Trudeau shuts down people whose views he does not share,” she writes. “It plays into the current controversy over Trudeau’s refusal to allow pro-life Liberal MPs to speak and vote their conscience on abortion, because he disagrees with their position. Finally, Trudeau’s stance disrespects the public, who rely on the media to hold politicians accountable for their views and acts.”

I disagree.

Trudeau should demand an apology from Ezra Levant personally.............and continue the boycott until he gets it, saying "When Ezra apologizes....." every time a Sun reporter asks him a question.

The problem is that Trudeau is using his "boycott" as an excuse to avoid tough questions. As I pointed out on another thread, Trudeau was ALREADY refusing questions from Sun News long before Ezra went off the rails.

Levant should apologize.

Then Trudeau should grow a brain and actually answer the tough questions.

Actually, I think one is about as likely to happen as the other.

I also think Trudeau does not WANT an apology, which is why he has not asked for one........

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Trudeau's response seems mostly emotional. Understandable--nobody appreciates "yo mama a ho" insults. But such are the slings and arrows of politics. He should have just ignored it. The old saying "Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig likes it" comes to mind.

Your poll question is odd. You can't answer an "Is he right or wrong" question with a "yes" or "no." :lol:

Copy and paste error.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't think Rex Murphy has ever said anything as vile as what comes out of Levant's mouth daily. Or even Rick Mercer for that matter. Actually I quite enjoyed the Rick Mercer-Stephen Harper PB&J sandwich bit.

The CBC isn't as blatant as the Sun or Star in their visiousness or lack of journalistic standards.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
It seems to me Justin is already flailing in his post. Alienating the press (not to mention his own Party), designating 'enemies lists', taking personal and emotional umbrage at what is the normal political patter in the media.

He's projecting an image of someone well beyond his level of competence.. ornery, dyspeptic and lacking the self confidence to stay on message.

Last edited:

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
It seems to me Justin is already flailing in his post. Alienating the press (not to mention his own Party), designating 'enemies lists', taking personal and emotional umbrage at what is the normal political patter in the media.

He's projecting an image of someone well beyond his level of competence.. ornery, dyspeptic and lacking the self confidence to stay on message.

yo mama :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Trudeau is absolutely right to boycott Sun News and that As- hole Lavant. If someone insulted my parents, I might do the same
thing and more. Trudeau is simply saying that if they want to insult me and my parents, I just won't talk to them. Why should he?
Maybe they will eventually apologize.........:roll:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
How is it an insult, it was common knowledge.

It was also common knowledge that Margaret suffered from a By polar afliction--(not her fault) Some people
would understand that, but not all I guess.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That doesn't change the facts.

Nor does it change the fact that all the boys have a good relationship with their mother and had a strong relationship
with their Dad, so idiot Lavant is barking up the wrong tree....again...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Nor does it change the fact that all the boys have a good relationship with their mother and had a strong relationship
with their Dad...
That's the most important reason to bar them from politics in Canada.
so idiot Lavant is barking up the wrong tree....again...
Ya ya, blah blah blah, Levant big bad meanie.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That's the most important reason to bar them from politics in Canada.
Ya ya, blah blah blah, Levant big bad meanie.

Why would that be? Did any of the boys do something illegal? Stupid statement really. Bear just read another
chapter in Harper's new Conservative manual.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Trudeau should demand an apology from Ezra Levant personally.............and continue the boycott until he gets it, saying "When Ezra apologizes....." every time a Sun reporter asks him a question.

The problem is that Trudeau is using his "boycott" as an excuse to avoid tough questions. As I pointed out on another thread, Trudeau was ALREADY refusing questions from Sun News long before Ezra went off the rails.

Levant should apologize.

Then Trudeau should grow a brain and actually answer the tough questions.

Actually, I think one is about as likely to happen as the other.

I also think Trudeau does not WANT an apology, which is why he has not asked for one........

I think Levant left the railroad track many years back.
Trudeau was avoiding questions as they all do.
As to an apology - Trudeau from the news report -
Federal Liberal leader Justin Trudeau is refusing to speak with Sun Media until the company responds to his allegation it aired an "offensive" attack against his family.

Sun Media "crossed the line by airing a personal attack on the Trudeau family that was offensive and breached any reasonable measure of editorial integrity," reads a statement written by Kate Purchase, Trudeau's director of communications planning.