It appears that Canadians do not have the right to know what our commitment to attack

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It appears that Canadians do not have the right to know what our commitment to attacking ISIL- Supporting the Kurds will be.

Tempers flare in the House over Iraq mission non-answers - Politics - CBC News

The government's refusal to answer questions about Canada's deployment in Iraq sparked a flare-up during question period in the House of Commons on Tuesday.

Given the already testy atmosphere in the House, that may not be all that surprising. What was unexpected, however, was how Speaker Andrew Scheer chose to handle it.

After several attempts to elicit an answer to even the most basic questions on Canada's 30-day mission — like, for instance, just when those 30 days officially began — it was clear to observers that NDP Leader Tom Mulcair had pretty much had it

Twice in a row Tuesday, the prime minister's parliamentary secretary, Paul Calandra, replied to Mulcair's queries on the Iraq mission by demanding Mulcair explain a months-old Facebook comment, purportedly posted by someone identifying themselves as an "NDP fundraiser," which expressed harsh criticism of the Israeli Defence Force and frustration over media coverage of the Gaza conflict.

This, Calandra suggested, represented a viewpoint in sharp contrast with Conservative Party, which, he assured the House, stands with Israel.

I love this comeback - The Govt shill is an idiot- Where is the last one- oh yeah on trial.

"I can understand the confusion — we are talking about the Middle East, and we're on the I's, but we're talking about Iraq," Mulcair said before asking a follow-up to his first unanswered question — this time, on the number of Canadian soldiers on the ground in Iraq today.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Meh, I really don't care how long they've been there. And quite frankly, I wouldn't tell Mulcair or JT anything but suck it.

I wouldn't trust either one with Troop movements and deployment schedules.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Meh, I really don't care how long they've been there. And quite frankly, I wouldn't tell Mulcair or JT anything but suck it.

I wouldn't trust either one with Troop movements and deployment schedules.

We ain't talking about that.
Nice job NATO did on securing weapons after Libya.

But what our commitment will be - and I support the commitment.

i still love Mulcairs comeback though. We are on the I's

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
We ain't talking about that.
Nice job NATO did on securing weapons after Libya.

But what our commitment will be - and I support the commitment.

i still love Mulcairs comeback though. We are on the I's
Again, I wouldn't trust the clowns across the floor.

Our commitment is 30 days at this point.

Mulcairs trying to stir **** where there ain't any.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Again, I wouldn't trust the clowns across the floor.

Our commitment is 30 days at this point.

Mulcairs trying to stir **** where there ain't any.

30 days is crap. You and I both know that.
Will we see a better game plan than Libya after 30 days?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Not for gathering intel to bring home.
Don't know, I'm not read in.

Libya turned into another failed state.
Boots on the ground for Intel - yes. for 30 days and a longer commitment.
training Kurds - yes-
Boots on the ground to direct air strikes- yes - less chance of politics being played by killing a supposed enemy.
We will not stay 30 days. We both know that.
Now nothing prevent Harper for clarifying that. Nothing.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
As long as we kill a whole lot of innocent kids and women they can stay as long as they want.

God damn bleeding Harts

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
As long as we kill a whole lot of innocent kids and women they can stay as long as they want.

God damn bleeding Harts
That is the only foe NATO can handle, not that they should brag it up like you do. Parents tend to take statements like that as being brought to their own families. You expect they would just 'hand them over'? (loke your folks should of but then the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Hey, you think this fat cat union life we got here in Canada comes for free?

Innocent people need to die if we going to stay on top.
So be it. No way I'm living without my 3 luxury cars!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That is the only foe NATO can handle, not that they should brag it up like you do. Parents tend to take statements like that as being brought to their own families. You expect they would just 'hand them over'? (loke your folks should of but then the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

Oh if NATO wished to Russia would not be in Crimea.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Hey, you think this fat cat union life we got here in Canada comes for free?

Innocent people need to die if we going to stay on top.
So be it. No way I'm living without my 3 luxury cars!
Well in that case, carry on. You had me worried for a second. Didn't all opposition to the Iraq invasion evaporate as soon as the WH said it would make gas no higher then $2/gal?

Oh if NATO wished to Russia would not be in Crimea.
Right,. lol Going to take more than a few wishes to move them out. In raelity they should have just let it go and call it the will of the people. Now they started a dollar war and they are in no shape to take on Russia even when Russia isn't backed by China. The Ukraine bit will be settled before winter. Russia isn't going to stop any move that would take pressure off the USD. We won't be speaking Russian but we will be doing currency rate trades to get a few pesos as they will be the stable money for NA. What a lovely X-mas gift from NATO.

NATO has 3 bombs for every human being on earth
Any restrictions on getting yours before they fall on you? I'm thinking yes.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Mulclair wants to know when and how many, and he is asking this during question period in the House? Where everything is public knowledge? What is this? Is he an agent for ISIS? Get fu cking real. Dumber than a sock full of rocks.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It appears that Canadians do not have the right to know what our commitment to attacking ISIL- Supporting the Kurds will be.

Tempers flare in the House over Iraq mission non-answers - Politics - CBC News

The government's refusal to answer questions about Canada's deployment in Iraq sparked a flare-up during question period in the House of Commons on Tuesday.

Given the already testy atmosphere in the House, that may not be all that surprising. What was unexpected, however, was how Speaker Andrew Scheer chose to handle it.

After several attempts to elicit an answer to even the most basic questions on Canada's 30-day mission — like, for instance, just when those 30 days officially began — it was clear to observers that NDP Leader Tom Mulcair had pretty much had it

Twice in a row Tuesday, the prime minister's parliamentary secretary, Paul Calandra, replied to Mulcair's queries on the Iraq mission by demanding Mulcair explain a months-old Facebook comment, purportedly posted by someone identifying themselves as an "NDP fundraiser," which expressed harsh criticism of the Israeli Defence Force and frustration over media coverage of the Gaza conflict.

This, Calandra suggested, represented a viewpoint in sharp contrast with Conservative Party, which, he assured the House, stands with Israel.

I love this comeback - The Govt shill is an idiot- Where is the last one- oh yeah on trial.

"I can understand the confusion — we are talking about the Middle East, and we're on the I's, but we're talking about Iraq," Mulcair said before asking a follow-up to his first unanswered question — this time, on the number of Canadian soldiers on the ground in Iraq today.

In Canada, executive power to make war rests with the gov't......and as the gov't has a majority, and the rest of the House does not have the votes to oust them, Mulcair and Pretty Boy can kiss Harper's butt.

And that is the way it should be. It is one heck of a lot better than the situation down south, where that idiot Obama is announcing ahead of time every move.

BTW, anyone that believes we are sending our special forces, some of the best soldiers on earth, just to teach Kurds how to line up rifle sights, doesn't have a clue.

And this commitment will go on for years.

You will get your say in 13 months.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Replies like the ones from bear and colpy confirm my theory, harper suporters are {A} somehow making money from the cons or {B} they're ****ing retarded

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Replies like the ones from bear and colpy confirm my theory, harper suporters are {A} somehow making money from the cons or {B} they're ****ing retarded

Well, if I'm making money, it ain't enough.

As for being "retarded", I leave THAT particular past time to the progressives.