Statutory rape victim ordered to pay $15K in retroactive child support

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Statutory rape victim ordered to pay $15K in retroactive child support

An Arizona man who had sex with a 20-year-old woman when he was just 14, and became a father from the statutory rape, now owes thousands of dollars in child support.

Nick Olivas said he only recently found out he was a dad when the state served him with papers for $15,000 in retroactive child support, he told the Arizona Republic.

"It was a shock," he told the newspaper.

He said the woman took advantage of him as a young teen, but he never considered himself a rape victim. The state considers sex with anyone under 15 years old statutory rape.

He has since had money seized from his account and his wages garnisheed.

He said he's willing to pay support, but not for the time before he realized he had a child.

"Anything I do as an adult, I should be responsible for," he told the paper. "But as a teenager? I don't think so."

source: Statutory rape victim ordered to pay $15K in retroactive child support

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Old enough to stick it in, old enough to take the consequences. Child support is for the benefit of the child, and is completely separate from whatever crime may or may not have occurred.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Personally, If I was the man.. I would be yelling 'Paternity test' - obviously the mothers moral character is in question.
I usually don't comment on strangers' moral character. I agree a paternity test is in order, nothing to do with character, just to make sure the right guy is on the hook.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I usually don't comment on strangers' moral character. I agree a paternity test is in order, nothing to do with character, just to make sure the right guy is on the hook.

A 20 year old women having sex with a 14 year old boy, and you can't comment on character?? 8O

If it was the other way around, and a 14 year olds girls virtue is in question, the guys ball would be held over a blowtorch right about now.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A 20 year old women having sex with a 14 year old boy, and you can't comment on character?? 8O
Nope, I don't have enough facts.

If it was the other way around, and a 14 year olds girls virtue is in question, the guys ball would be held over a blowtorch right about now.
So? Even assuming it's true, does overreaction based on ignorance by other people require overreaction based on ignorance by you? You make a big production of being a free man. How free are you if you allow not only your actions, but your thoughts, to be dictated by people you don't even know?

As Heinlein said, "Do you know how to lead a pig?"

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So does you freedom allow you to have sex with minors?? Is that what you are advocating?
Well, yes. But that's both not what I'm advocating and not what I'm talking about.

Let's look at your reaction, shall we? You are outraged for two reasons: first, that an adult had sex with a minor, and second, that you think had the sexes been reversed, the adult would have been punished harshly. And you're outraged. And because you're outraged, you immediately snap to stereotypes and the hard-done-by whining of poor, suffering men.

Your ability to think is limited by this type of reaction, and you are allowing people you don't even like to control your thinking. Thought control is the ultimate slavery.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So does you freedom allow you to have sex with minors?? Is that what you are advocating?

Well, yes.

WTF you a NAMBLA member?

Let's look at your reaction, shall we? You are outraged for two reasons: first, that an adult had sex with a minor, and second, that you think had the sexes been reversed, the adult would have been punished harshly. And you're outraged. And because you're outraged, you immediately snap to stereotypes and the hard-done-by whining of poor, suffering men.

Your ability to think is limited by this type of reaction, and you are allowing people you don't even like to control your thinking. Thought control is the ultimate slavery.

What the fukk you babbling about.. I simply stated that character of the mother is in question, the man should have a paternity test, as she committed a crime. I would question anyones character who committed a felony. Child rape is a felony.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
WTF you a NAMBLA member?
Yep. You should go to one of our conventions. Everybody walking around saying "I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse." It's a blast.

What the fukk you babbling about.. I simply stated that character of the mother is in question, the man should have a paternity test, as she committed a crime. I would question anyones character who committed a felony. Child rape is a felony.
Precisely. The government calls it a crime, so you're content to curse anyone who does it. Because the government's always right.

You'da been a great Soviet. Woulda gone far in the Party.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Precisely. The government calls it a crime, so you're content to curse anyone who does it. Because the government's always right.

Not because the government says so, common sense and morals. A 14 year old Boy or Girl is not mentally or sexually developed. An older individual can easily manipulate those vulnerability.

At least wait till the 'child' has had time to grow up into a young adult and had some life experiences with peers their age.

We are not living in the dark ages where they had child brides and the life expectancy with 35 to 40.. dam lucky if you reached 50.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not because the government says so, common sense and morals. A 14 year old Boy or Girl is not mentally or sexually developed. An older individual can easily manipulate those vulnerability.
Generally true. But not always true. Presuming that it's always true is an example of the kind of canalised, stereotypical thinking that is exactly what I'm talking about.

At least wait till the 'child' has had time to grow up into a young adult and had some life experiences with peers their age.

We are not living in the dark ages where they had child brides and the life expectancy with 35 to 40.. dam lucky if you reached 50.
Isn't acquiring experience in sexual relations part of growing into a young adult?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not if it's an abusive relationship with extreme levels of intellectual differences between the two.
Which you are concluding from exactly one datum: the chronological ages of the participants.

Easier for a 25 year old to manipulated as 14 year old because of intellectual superiority. 'life experiences'
Presuming, as you do, that the 25-year-old is intellectually or experientially superior to the 14-year-old.

By the way, don't think I didn't catch that you conveniently upped the age of the adult by five years to suit your propaganda purposes.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Okay, I'm convinced. Arizona is being run by morons. I would have thought a fourteen year old boy would have some rights
but apparently not in Arizona. I doubt the twenty year old girl had to force him very hard to have sex but the girl, with her six
year age difference would surely carry the bulk of the responsibility. The age of majority in Arizona is eighteen so that would make her an adult.........In Arizona who knows?

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
How come she didn't come forward earlier for payment or how come he wasn't served with papers earlier?

There's something very odd about what's happening.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
In Arizona, it is illegal to engage in sexual intercourse with a person under the age of consent, which is 18 years old. If such intercourse occurs, the victim can press criminal charges against the adult for statutory rape. Defense to Rape. The girl in this case is guilty of statutory rape.