Second journalist Steven Sotloff 'beheaded by Islamic State'

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Steven Sotloff 'beheaded by Islamic State'

American hostage Steven Sotloff has reportedly been executed by jihadist terrorists. There was no immediate confirmation of the video.

The video reportedly warns governments to back off from "this evil alliance of America against the Islamic State".

Sotloff, 31, disappeared while reporting in Syria in August 2013. His apparent kidnap was not widely reported until he appeared on a video released last month by the Isil.

In the footage a masked militant beheads US reporter James Foley then parades Mr Sotloff, warning he will meet the same fate unless US President Barack Obama ends air strikes against the group in Iraq.

source: Steven Sotloff 'beheaded by Islamic State' - Telegraph

Very sad, another journalist beheaded.

I think the USA needs boots on the ground to defeat these savages.. otherwise, this terror will continue to go unchecked.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

I think the USA needs boots on the ground to defeat these savages.. otherwise, this terror will continue to go unchecked.

The majority of Americans have already said no more war.

Of course, that doesn't mean anyone who wishes to set an example cannot go over there themselves and get the job done. I haven't heard of anyone taking this step though there have been numerous reports of Americans, Canadians, and Brits joining those "savages". Isn't it strange how how ISIS has no trouble recruiting in the West but nobody who hates them volunteers to fight them.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Job opening, . . . . just sayin, . . you seem to love this topic, what better way to increase the validity of your posts?

The orange, is that from when they were let out of Gitmo?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I dont get what they expect to accomplish. These slow brutal beheading videos have been happening for years from various groups and so far as I know none of them ever won anything with this tactic.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The majority of Americans have already said no more war.

Of course, that doesn't mean anyone who wishes to set an example cannot go over there themselves and get the job done. I haven't heard of anyone taking this step though there have been numerous reports of Americans, Canadians, and Brits joining those "savages". Isn't it strange how how ISIS has no trouble recruiting in the West but nobody who hates them volunteers to fight them.

Fine.

Buy some kneepads.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
As was mentioned above, you will find many job opening signs at any Marine Corps station. Don't wait for someone else to do your fighting for you.

First of all, I'm Canadian.....we have our own extremely good warriors right here, why would one join the US Marines??

Second, my 60th birthday is next month. I imagine I'm a little long in the tooth for either entity.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
America should not do this alone but an alternative solution is one US soldier with each allied country throwing in one of their soldiers.

That would be a better US strategy of solving the ISSIS problem

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Blame Obama!

You could, but Isis would be nothing had Saddam been in charge.

Obama just honored an edict of GWB....he should know better not follow anything that drip did.