Proof the Canadian taxpayers federation is dumb

Grievous
By 2040, We Won't Need Subways¬*|¬*Candice Malcolm (external - login to view)

What an idiot.

Also notice how she didn't mention Rob Ford either.....the one who said subways would be paid by the private sector.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

By 2040, We Won't Need Subways¬*|¬*Candice Malcolm (external - login to view)

What an idiot.

Also notice how she didn't mention Rob Ford either.....the one who said subways would be paid by the private sector.

His points are valid. I disagree with the conclusion. I still think there will be people that will require transit. But he is right that the TTC sucks a-s-s big time. It is so far behind subways of other us cities. The glorified streetcars Wynn and council are implementing are a joke. And they will still cost a fortune.

By 2040 there will be electric vehicles, telecommuting, ride sharing. Demands probably won't be that much more than today. But there will be people without cars who need public transit.

Grievous
Her points are dumb.

You can have all the electric cars you want....they're still cars.

Transit in the GTA is a joke after years of neglect and cuts.

Suggesting that we do nothing and wait for an app to take care of the problem is obtuse.

Use transit in most European countries and it makes you wonder what the hell we have been doing.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

Her points are dumb.

You can have all the electric cars you want....they're still cars.

Transit in the GTA is a joke after years of neglect and cuts.

Suggesting that we do nothing and wait for an app to take care of the problem is obtuse.

Use transit in most European countries and it makes you wonder what the hell we have been doing.

It's been a joke for long time. Nothing to do with cutbacks. They should have dug more tunnels in the 70s and 80s. Also Toronto is only major centre where lions share of mass transit not paid for by state/province. And that is not a Lieberal/Conservative thing. Many many many provincial govts have abdicated their responsibility.

Do you think glorified streetcars will actuall help anything?

Grievous
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

It's been a joke for long time. Nothing to do with cutbacks. They should have dug more tunnels in the 70s and 80s. Also Toronto is only major centre where lions share of mass transit not paid for by state/province. And that is not a Lieberal/Conservative thing. Many many many provincial govts have abdicated their responsibility.

Do you think glorified streetcars will actuall help anything?

It has a lot to do with cut backs.

Name me last major investment in Toronto's transit system....Bob Rae did it.

Harris removed transit funding and paid 80 million to fill in a hole that had been dug for the Ellington line....cut back.

Yes, I do.....better than an app that tells some rapist in a van that a girl needs a ride.

no new posts