Winnipeg Missing teen murdered, dumped in river

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Teen runaway's body found in Red River

A body pulled from the Red River Sunday afternoon has been identified as 15-year-old missing teen Tina Fontaine.

Fontaine’s body was discovered wrapped in a bag in the area of the Alexander Docks and police say all evidence points that her body was dumped there by someone.

“This is the homicide of a little girl, as you can see from the pictures she is a petite little thing who just turned 15 years old,” said Sgt. John O’Donovan, of Winnipeg’s homicide unit. “She’s definitely been exploited and taken advantage of and murdered and put into the river in this condition.”

Fontaine had recently come under the care of Child and Family Services and had been living in Winnipeg for less than a month before her death.

An autopsy was completed on Monday. However, O’Donovan said he wouldn’t comment on the condition of her body or how she died.

Efforts are being focused by police on finding anyone who can give information on what happened to Fontaine between Aug. 8 — the last time anyone had contact with her — and Sunday, when her body was discovered.

“We would like to talk to anyone who has seen her, or anyone she was with,” he said, noting she was last seen in the Portage Place area wearing a white skirt, blue jacket, and pink and white runners.

It is still unclear how long Fontaine had been dead for or how long her body was in the river.

O’Donovan said Fontaine had a history of running away and at the time of her disappearance “was rebelling in the care she was in, so she was running away.”

According to a missing persons reports filed in July and November by RCMP, Fontaine had run away twice from her previous home in area of Powerview, a small town about 130 kilometres northeast of Winnipeg.

Both reports indicated she frequented Winnipeg.

“Obviously she was in danger in doing that and at 15 I’m sure she didn’t realize the danger she was putting herself — she’s a child, this is a child that has been murdered,” he said. “In society, we’d be horrified if we found a litter of kittens or pups in the river in this condition. This is a child, so society should be horrified and that is why we are asking for people to help us and come forward.”

Both previous times she went missing, she was located safely within a few weeks.

Meanwhile, a second body pulled from the Red River on Sunday, this one near Kildonan Park, has been identified as that of a man who fell into the river on Friday near The Forks. Foul play is not suspected. His name was not released.

source: Teen runaway's body found in Red River | Winnipeg | News | Winnipeg Sun

Sad ending to a young teen that didn't even get to live their live yet..

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sad ending to a young teen that didn't even get to live their live yet..
Rather puzzling post by somebody who would like to 1B Muslims killed for no reason other than they are Muslims. What would you call the 2000 in Gaza other than 'a good start'.

Perhaps if you knew that Fontaine is popular name in Indian communities that might help solve your 'grieving problem'. Any sorrow left for all the other Indian children that have met with the same fate in Canada?

Poor widdle Boomer, so you love Canadian Indians (underage Indian girls to be exact) but hate Palestinians. At least you never can be accused of being 'level headed'.

Where's my money of that trip to Chili, . . . I mean Israel?

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Sounds like a kid who's led a very unhappy life - the sort who gets preyed upon by the worst sort of 'people'. Rest in peace.

In some ways, the people she's left behind are fortunate. Too many times, there's a missing kid and someone still hopeful of a safe return

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sounds like a kid who's led a very unhappy life - the sort who gets preyed upon by the worst sort of 'people'. Rest in peace.

In some ways, the people she's left behind are fortunate. Too many times, there's a missing kid and someone still hopeful of a safe return
Damn, wolf! You're being all wise and stuff.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Yes it seems she ran away from the half way house she was living in twice before..

I hope they find the killer, (1) for justice for this young girl, (2) and, before the predator kills again.

I don't want to see this as another unsolved aboriginal death in Canada.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How many other deaths for similar victims as she is far from being the first, zero sounds like the right number. . Maybe we should see if she attended an RCC School.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Rather puzzling post by somebody who would like to 1B Muslims killed for no reason other than they are Muslims. What would you call the 2000 in Gaza other than 'a good start'.

Perhaps if you knew that Fontaine is popular name in Indian communities that might help solve your 'grieving problem'. Any sorrow left for all the other Indian children that have met with the same fate in Canada?

Poor widdle Boomer, so you love Canadian Indians (underage Indian girls to be exact) but hate Palestinians. At least you never can be accused of being 'level headed'.

Where's my money of that trip to Chili, . . . I mean Israel?

So basically, 'Who the fuk cares.' Boomer's false sympathy went out the window when he found out she was Native. The world really needs more fukers like you two, . . . not!

How many other deaths for similar victims as she is far from being the first, zero sounds like the right number. . Maybe we should see if she attended an RCC School.

Didn't think you could come back with another example of that level of caring.

Well that sure escalated into, well, something, real fast. I'm not sure what your problem is MHz. Could be booze, drugs, mental problems, ingrown toenails, crappy low-paying job or unhappy home life. Maybe it'll be found lurking in some other thread hereabouts too with ol' B00M. Don't much care but if you wanna post any more around these parts, best clean up your act and practice some restraint.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Aboriginal teen’s death renews calls for national inquiry

Manitoba residents are calling for government action on missing and murdered women after the body of Tina Fontaine, 15, was found in Winnipeg on Sunday.

That's a good thing. For way to long Native Indians were treated like second class citizens in their own country, and stereotyped by most Canadians as lazy and drunk.

They need justice.. hope they get it.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Must have been the gun pic he posted for my benefit, so all of your guesses are wrong.

ok, so he showed us he has gun. I'm impressed. I used to have a neat little ruger 10/22. big deal. maybe he's trying t pick up girls, who knows. :lol:

still, just ignore the guy if he gets under your skin. it's just pixels on a screen. the air smells fresher that way. like them dryer sprinkles.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Aboriginal teen’s death renews calls for national inquiry

Manitoba residents are calling for government action on missing and murdered women after the body of Tina Fontaine, 15, was found in Winnipeg on Sunday.

That's a good thing. For way to long Native Indians were treated like second class citizens in their own country, and stereotyped by most Canadians as lazy and drunk.

They need justice.. hope they get it.

Last Friday there was a protest. 10 FNs waddling down Albert St behind a cop car.

10?

Where were the rest?

It was the 15th which is cheque day.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Last Friday there was a protest. 10 FNs waddling down Albert St behind a cop car.

10?

Where were the rest?

It was the 15th which is cheque day.

:-(

Yeah, millionaire for a day.

I used to have a neat little ruger 10/22.

Oh totally cool. Did you go to the range or hunting with it??

Got any picks of trophies (animals)??

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Being a teenager is hard. Being a teenager in foster care and surviving is like winning the lottery (cept you don't get a cash reward)

I wish the gov't responsible for foster care were able to or had the were with all to place children in foster homes that matched. Those running foster homes have specific talents with certain types of children (or removed from the list if they have no talent with children. ) and that children placed in those homes would be able to thrive. Not just survive.

The thought of my daughter having to go through the current system would have me ending my life. I can't imagine what kind of dark place one must be in that they aren't able to pull it together for the sake of their child.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
:-(

Yeah, millionaire for a day.

Oh totally cool. Did you go to the range or hunting with it??

Got any picks of trophies (animals)??

nah...yukon 79/80...just gravel pit shooting...had that neat 25 round magazine as an add-on...only hunting rifle I fired up there was a 45-70...the other local guys had proper rifles on that particular trip...as I recall I hadn't been a resident long enough at the time to get a hunting license but the old FAC was no problem...more of a fishing guy.