Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Like holy sh!t man:

video at link (youtube will likely delete at some point)

NASCAR driver Tony Stewart ran over a competitor, 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr., during a confrontation at a sprint car race on Saturday night at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York. Ward was killed.

In the video above, via YouTube, you can see Ward apparently confronting Stewart on foot after Ward's car is run into the wall. He is struck, dragged, then thrown a number of feet. According to Ontario County Sheriff Philip C. Povero, Ward was dead on arrival at the hospital.

Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Sports people have to stop taking it all so seriously and just go out there to have fun...........

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Darwin at work. If you're going to run in front of a race car the race car will win.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It happens in many types of racing events. Buddy shaking fist and giving finger and such. Part of the sport. But to give him a scare or just be reckless is insane. And to just 'act as if' the next day and carry-on is a tad callous, mayhaps arrogant. If you or I ran over and killed some road rage imbecile, it's unlikely we'd be at work the next day. Just sayin'.

'Merica.

It happens in many types of racing events. Buddy shaking fist and giving finger and such. Part of the sport. But to give him a scare or just be reckless is insane. And to just 'act as if' the next day and carry-on is a tad callous, mayhaps arrogant. If you or I ran over and killed some road rage imbecile, it's unlikely we'd be at work the next day. Just sayin'.

'Merica.

to all the closed-minded girly drones that complain I'm a god-fearing, nazi-symp, war-mongering, yankee neocon wannabe, I got yet another red from walter for this, so eat your hearts out. :lol:

I can't win 'em all.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There should be an immediate investigation and if it proven a road rage incident
Tony should be in jail awaiting trial for his actions.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I watched that video about 4 times and I still didn't catch what was described.

I saw a bunch of cars smash into the wall and pile up on each other and I saw what appeared to be a concrete barricade break and roll down the hill.

Then again, I am on my mobile/cell so I don't have the advantage of a big screen to see all the detail.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I watched that video about 4 times and I still didn't catch what was described.

I saw a bunch of cars smash into the wall and pile up on each other and I saw what appeared to be a concrete barricade break and roll down the hill.

Then again, I am on my mobile/cell so I don't have the advantage of a big screen to see all the detail.

00:25 action starts

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
00:25 action starts

Still didn't see anything other than a bunch of cars flying into one another. I didn't see anybody get hit outside of a vehicle nor anything intentional as when the crash starts happening, the camera is kinda jerky and then it's just a bunch of cars hitting each other with a pile more trying to avoid hitting those cars.

All I know is in regards to that race:

GAME OVER.

K read even further into the link, read the tweets and eyewitness stuff to try and get a clearer understanding of what I'm supposed to be looking for.... Played through another 2-3 times and I simply can't see it.... I'm just gonna have to sum it up as being on a small screen rather than being at the PC.

I normally can spot the smallest of details in a photo or video but this is completely escaping me. I'll just have to take everybody else's word on it.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
I guess Stewart is that bad of a driver that he can't avoid a pedestrian.

Hard to see from that angle but did Stewart drive into him or did Ward jump in front of Stewart?

Not sure, but let the victim blaming begin before any facts come to light.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I heard on radio that Stewart did not see him and that Stewart is not racing in the next race. Sounds like everyone involved is very shook up by this.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I heard on radio that Stewart did not see him and that Stewart is not racing in the next race. Sounds like everyone involved is very shook up by this.

Yes, I just got the same message moment ago.

An account from an eye witness said that Stewart gunned his engines despite the yellow - that is a very serious matter if true because it can lead to a manslaughter charge.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
yah, well; in court, he revved the engine a bit to correct a skid. Prove he didn't.

Screw the eye witness. They're wrong often.

What I saw was some (now dead) fool crossing a track during a car race.

How does a pedestrian have a "confrontation" with a car.?

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
We'll have to wait and see the police report before coming to any conclusions.

Don't be silly.

The guy who is dead is clearly at fault.

Just like those people killed on MH-17, they bought the tickets for the flight.....ergo....it's their own fault they are dead.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Don't be silly.

The guy who is dead is clearly at fault.

Just like those people killed on MH-17, they bought the tickets for the flight.....ergo....it's their own fault they are dead.
Pout much?

No driver on a closed course expects to have pedestrian traffic raging at his car. The move was nothing less than stupid. Whaddaya think Pit Row's all about?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The official policy of all racing associations is that a crashed driver is to remain inside their vehicle until official track workers arrive. More than a couple of people have been run over from getting out for whatever reason. It will be considered a racing incident and Stewart will not be charged which is as it should be. If you are going to run in front of a race car, which even under caution is usually doing 60mph, then you get what you get and deserve it.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Pout much?

No driver on a closed course expects to have pedestrian traffic raging at his car. The move was nothing less than stupid. Whaddaya think Pit Row's all about?

Do you know for a fact at this point that Stewart did not drive into Ward on purpose?

I sure don't, so I am not ready to blame Ward entirely for his actions.

Same way I don't blame raped women for wearing a short skirt.

I'll wait for an official police investigation.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Darwin at work. If you're going to run in front of a race car the race car will win.
That's pretty good Walter, it won't be on the fridge but not bad all the same. No wonder my Mama used to tell me not to shake my finger at the Grizzly.

I don't think they decided the route should be over hostile territory.

We'll have to wait and see the police report before coming to any conclusions.
????