Poltergeist Under Couple's Bed Turns Out to Be a Jibrat

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A Seattle couple returned home to discover that an intruder had trashed their apartment. It was only after the cops had left that they found the human beast hiding under their mattress with a knife.

It’s been a little hard for Brian O’Neill to catch some decent shut-eye ever since he and his wife discovered a monster under their bed.

“Oh man, I haven’t been able to sleep very well,” the Seattle business analyst tells Vocativ. “It was like one of those really creepy movie.

The University District couple returned to their condo late Wednesday night and walked right into a scene straight out of Paranormal Activity. They found their junk mail ripped open and a paint can overturned in their toilet. Someone—or something—had also smeared lotion over their doorknobs, the couple says.

Spooked, Brian O’Neill, 38, and his wife crept into their bedroom. “And it was just trashed,” says Bridget O’Neill, 32, who works for the Pokemon Company International as a graphic designer. She found all their clothes scattered on the floor. A mound of electronics had been piled high on top of their bed. And perhaps most bizarre, the soles of her shoes and boots—20 pairs total—had been removed.

Poltergeist Under Couple's Bed Turns Out to Be Meth Addict

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Still, it's like something out of one of those creepy urban legends people tell each other around the campfire to scare themselves.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Still, it's like something out of one of those creepy urban legends people tell each other around the campfire to scare themselves.

"Get out of the house! The call is coming from the upstairs bedroom!"

That one gave me nightmares.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
"Get out of the house! The call is coming from the upstairs bedroom!"

That one gave me nightmares.

When a Stranger Calls.....one of the scariest films I saw when I was young.

I was just looking over this when I first read the thread,

10 Bone-Chilling Urban Legends - Listverse

The "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light" and "Stranger in the backseat" are the ones that always gave me chills. Lol.

Now of course I need to add Jibrats under the bed. 8O

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
But I remember that creepy story before they made it a movie.

Stranger in the backseat of a car... that was a good one.

The broken down car... couple hears noise... boyfriend tells the girlfriend to get down in the backseat and not move till he gets back...she hears tapping all night... when police arrive they tell her to get out of the car and not look...she can't help herself and it is her bf hanging and his feet tapping the window.

Scary stuff.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
But I remember that creepy story before they made it a movie.

Yes, me too. Still the movie was fantastic, the voice on the phone was soooo creepy.

Stranger in the backseat of a car... that was a good one.

The broken down car... couple hears noise... boyfriend tells the girlfriend to get down in the backseat and not move till he gets back...she hears tapping all night... when police arrive they tell her to get out of the car and not look...she can't help herself and it is her bf hanging and his feet tapping the window.
Hook man, also a good one. Gang initiation with flashing the high beams....there are just so many.

Scary stuff.
Like modern day Grimm's fairy tales, in the true sense of what the tales were supposed to be, twisted little morality plays and cautionary tales meant to warn against certain behaviours and activities.