Winnipeg Man Dies In Standoff With Police

Locutus
Winnipeg police say a 52-year-old man is dead after a North End standoff with officers. But they aren’t saying how he died.

Police say they were called to a home on Stella Avenue yesterday morning by someone who said the man who lived there may have a weapon and was threatening to harm himself.

Crisis negotiators spoke to him through the afternoon and into the evening, but at 8:20, police say the man shot at Tactical Team members. Police shot back.

Six-and-a-half hours later, officers entered the home and found the body of 52-year-old Andrew Baryluk.

Detective Sergeant Natalie Aitken would not say whether he was shot by police or he died by suicide.

“Autopsy results are obviously going to be a definitive factor for us,” she said.

Baryluk was alone in the home. He was not known to police. Some members of the tactical team have been placed on administrative leave, which police say is protocol in a situation like this.

Man Dies In Standoff With Police; Cause Of Death Not Revealed | 680 CJOB - Winnipeg's News & Information Leader (external - login to view)

Zipperfish
North End. My old stomping grounds. Probably got stomped more than I did any stomping, truth be told. Rough part of town.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Winnipeg police say a 52-year-old man is dead after a North End standoff with officers. But they arenít saying how he died.

Quote:

Crisis negotiators spoke to him through the afternoon and into the evening, but at 8:20, police say the man shot at Tactical Team members. Police shot back.

It's alright, we know how he died. I cracked their little code.

Locutus
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

It's alright, we know how he died. I cracked their little code.

who's more clever than you?

SLM

who's more clever than you?

Winnipeg cops can't put anything over on me! Might have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

Locutus
see, and I thought it said they 'shot a black'.

SLM

see, and I thought it said they 'shot a black'.

Maybe they did, who knows?

But they tried to pull one over on us by "not saying how he died".....pffft, the fools. Saw right through that one!

captain morgan
+1

Maybe they did, who knows?

But they tried to pull one over on us by "not saying how he died".....pffft, the fools. Saw right through that one!

Maybe he died like this... It is possible

Comfy Chair - YouTube

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Maybe he died like this... It is possible

Comfy Chair - YouTube

Are you accusing the Winnipeg Police Department of engaging in torture?

MHz
The thread title had me call my insurance agent, the bastad says I'm not allowed to attend any 'standoffs' if I want to see my family get a dime. Then he hung up after calling somebody there a stupidfukk.

Are you accusing the Winnipeg Police Department of engaging in torture?

It's only torture if he lives and can testify (lol) to that.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

The thread title had me call my insurance agent, the bastad says I'm not allowed to attend any 'standoffs' if I want to see my family get a dime. Then he hung up after calling somebody there a stupidfukk.

It's only torture if he lives and can testify (lol) to that.

those things are like 'angry mobs'. are there any other kind? and don't give me that gay flashmobbery either. I mean a proper mob.