Quebec couple gets threatening letter for flying gay pride flag


Locutus
#1
'We don't want your kind in our neighbourhood,' letter reads

A same-sex couple in Longueuil, Que., is scared after receiving an anonymous letter threatening them for hanging a gay pride flag from their balcony.

The pair, granted anonymity by CBC News to protect their children, said they found the letter after returning home one night from a friend’s place around midnight.

The letter says in French: “For your well-being, remove the homosexual flag! Immediately, as soon as you receive this letter. We don’t want people like you in our neighbourhood. Remove it, keep quiet and we will spare you. And you can continue to live your abominable lives without prejudice. Keep it and you will suffer the consequences.”

The couple called the police and removed the rainbow flag, which had been hanging from the balcony since March.

The two said police are taking the threats seriously and are investigating.

They said they now ensure at least one adult is home at all times, and are reconsidering leaving their children at home alone in the care of the eldest child, who they said is old enough to babysit.





Longueuil couple gets threatening letter for flying gay pride flag - Montreal - CBC News
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Grievous
#2
One thing Quebec has is a bunch of socially conservative bigots.


The French are like this.


Not sure why the left like them so much.
 
B00Mer
#3


God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

One thing Quebec has is a bunch of socially conservative bigots.

The French are like this.

Not sure why the left like them so much.

Thank GOD for that...

 
Grievous
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post



God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.



Thank GOD for that...



My cousin is gay....a dude....another cousin is gay....a girl.


Got a problem with that?


Clearly you and the French do....cheese eating surrender monkies.

 
Twila
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

My cousin is gay....a dude....another cousin is gay....a girl.


Got a problem with that?


Clearly you and the French do....cheese eating surrender monkies.

HEY! JUST STOP RIGHT THERE! There is NOTHING wrong with cheese...

There clearly is something wrong with these people in Quebec though. They must be perfect in every way to be able to decide for another person what is right and what is wrong...
 
lone wolf
+5
#6  Top Rated Post
Funny how the ones who feel most threatened are the ones who make the most noise
 
SLM
+3
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Funny how the ones who feel most threatened are the ones who make the most noise

What's truly funny is those who make the most noise are also the exact same lot that would have a royal **** fit if anyone dared to tell them what they could or couldn't do or how to live their lives.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#8
And painting all French speaking people with the same brush, all because of one letter is not hypocritical?
 
SLM
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

And painting all French speaking people with the same brush, all because of one letter is not hypocritical?

Of course it is. But you know how some people are when it comes to "those people", whoever "those people" happen to be in any given situation.
 
El Barto
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

One thing Quebec has is a bunch of socially conservative bigots.


The French are like this.


Not sure why the left like them so much.

Obviously using a wide brush here.
A few morons don't make a whole province

Huge difference between the French and Quebecers but you wouldn't know that
 
SLM
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Obviously using a wide brush here.
A few morons don't make a whole province

Oddly enough it takes a moron to ascribe the actions of an individual to an entire group of people.

(Maybe they have difficulty counting. Could that be it?)
 
B00Mer
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

My cousin is gay....a dude....another cousin is gay....a girl.

Absolutely no issue with your Lesbian cousin.



I could watch them screw all day and night..

But dudes, sorry, just not into razor burn and stinky .

But a bigger question is how many here have had same sex relationships, but still in the closet. Nobody get's so offended as ones opinion against homosexuality, unless they are defending a lifestyle, or feeling guilty about past behaviors and trying justify it.
 
El Barto
+3
#13
Sounds like Boomer is about to come out of the closet.
Reminds me of on WestManGuy and we all knew what he came out as
 
lone wolf
+1
#14
If the closet's all ya have, why be still in it?
 
SLM
+2
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Absolutely no issue with your Lesbian cousin.



I could watch them screw all day and night..

You're confusing reality with porn again.

Quote:

But dudes, sorry, just not into razor burn and stinky .

And you over share.

Often vividly.
 
B00Mer
-1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Sounds like Boomer is about to come out of the closet.
Reminds me of on WestManGuy and we all knew what he came out as

I thought you were WestManGuy..

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

You're confusing reality with porn again.

Yeah, I know... I have a Niece that is Lesbian and a Cousin who is Gay..

I don't begrudge their lifestyle, just don't agree with it.. Still go to the Restaurant, Bars or Shopping Mall with them...

They are first Human beings, their life choices.. they have to live with them.. not me.
 
lone wolf
#17
^^^
Anyone else sense more rejection coming up?
 
Goober
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

I thought you were WestManGuy..



Yeah, I know... I have a Niece that is Lesbian and a Cousin who is Gay..

I don't begrudge their lifestyle, just don't agree with it.. Still go to the Restaurant, Bars or Shopping Mall with them...

They are first Human beings, their life choices.. they have to live with them.. not me.

When ya coming out. Ya know what they say about fixations.
Why I am sure the boss here can change your handle?
Ya, need some suggestions on this please.
Asking the Forum members, utilize that creativity and help Boomer.
 
SLM
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Yeah, I know... I have a Niece that is Lesbian and a Cousin who is Gay..

I don't begrudge their lifestyle, just don't agree with it..

You don't have to, you're not the one living it.

Quote:

Still go to the Restaurant, Bars or Shopping Mall with them...

They are first Human beings, their life choices.. they have to live with them.. not me.

So let me ask you then, if you received a threatening letter just for hanging a flag on your own property, what your reaction be? That's kind of a rhetorical question, because I'm fairly certain you wouldn't put up with that kind of bullsh*it.

So why should these guys?
 
B00Mer
-1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

^^^
Anyone else sense more rejection coming up?

Frankly I don't really care.. you see you guys are judging me for not agreeing with Homosexuality.

To me you're just a bunch of hypocrites and with every post you prove it more.
 
Goober
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

You don't have to, you're not the one living it.

So let me ask you then, if you received a threatening letter just for hanging a flag on your own property, what your reaction be? That's kind of a rhetorical question, because I'm fairly certain you wouldn't put up with that kind of bullsh*it.

So why should these guys?

Right on the money.
 
B00Mer
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

When ya coming out. Ya know what they say about fixations.
Why I am sure the boss here can change your handle?
Ya, need some suggestions on this please.
Asking the Forum members, utilize that creativity and help Boomer.

Goober, you playing with your security night stick again.. don't over step.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

So let me ask you then, if you received a threatening letter just for hanging a flag on your own property, what your reaction be? That's kind of a rhetorical question, because I'm fairly certain you wouldn't put up with that kind of bullsh*it.

So why should these guys?

OK now we are back on topic and I agree with you... they have a right to freedom of expression.. I will defend that.. if they want to hang the flag, then hang it.

I mean, anyone who has visited Vancouver, or lived in the west end see same sex couples all the time, expressing their passion. If it's OK for a heterosexual couple, it should be OK for homosexuals..

The key word "equality."
 
Goober
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Goober, you playing with your security night stick again.. don't over step.



OK now we are back on topic and I agree with you... they have a right to freedom of expression.. I will defend that.. if they want to hang the flag, then hang it.

I mean, anyone who has visited Vancouver, or lived in the west end see same sex couples all the time, expressing their passion. If it's OK for a heterosexual couple, it should be OK for homosexuals..

The key word "equality."

Riddle me this one.
A number of your posts towards homosexuals is downright hateful?
 
SLM
+2
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

OK now we are back on topic and I agree with you... they have a right to freedom of expression.. I will defend that.. if they want to hang the flag, then hang it.

Even without the freedom to expression piece, nobody should be threatened for simply being who they are, for existing. No one has the right to do that to someone else.

Quote:

I mean, anyone who has visited Vancouver, or lived in the west end see same sex couples all the time, expressing their passion. If it's OK for a heterosexual couple, it should be OK for homosexuals..

I'm not sure if public is the place to express 'passion'....maybe affection....but that goes for all couples, in my opinion. But semantics aside, a homosexual couple walking hand in hand down the street has no more bearing on the lives of others than a heterosexual couple does.

Quote:

The key word "equality."

Equality meaning everyone has the same options and opportunities in society, right?
 
lone wolf
+1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Frankly I don't really care.. you see you guys are judging me for not agreeing with Homosexuality.

To me you're just a bunch of hypocrites and with every post you prove it more.

Naw ... actually I'm taking bets on how long it'll be before you go there again and get turfed again. You're too predictable.....
 
Locutus
#26
so lemme get this straight (so to speak)

someone that speaks out against and doesn't approve of a gay lifestyle is actually, gay themselves. they're in some sorta 'closet'. because that's a clever but last-ditched comeback, the ol' 180 degree switcheroo or something by someone that might be 'offended' or had their 'feelings hurt' by a blowhard's differing opinion.

so someone that disapproves of religion, liberalism, bicycles, loud music, rob ford, truffle oil, reality tv shows or...

they are, or are perhaps, just the very thing that they are opposing. especially if they get all vehement and stuff about it.





just wanted to get this cleared-up.

geez. who knew. *flexes and walks away*

anyyyyyway.
 
B00Mer
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Riddle me this one.
A number of your posts towards homosexuals is downright hateful?

Look Goober, I believe in "equality" for all, I just don't agree with their "lifestyle."

Regardless of my feelings towards ones lifestyle, I will defend that persons right to expression, and equal treatment..

It's sorta like FREE SPEECH, if disapprove of what you say, I will still defend to the death your right to say it.

This is Canada, and look what is happening in the Middle East. Isn't great that we live in a country where your neighbor can be East Indian, Muslim, Jewish, Black and we are not killing each other because of it..

Wouldn't it be great if the rest of the world was just like us? (Canada & USA)
 
SLM
+3
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Riddle me this one.
A number of your posts towards homosexuals is downright hateful?

I wouldn't call them hateful personally. I would say there is a tendency to be flippant and provocative. And to be honest I do wish that wasn't always the first place he would go on these topics.

(Maybe I'm just in a gracious mood but there is a 'fairness' in B00Mer.....sometimes one needs to dig deeply for it though.)

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

so lemme get this straight (so to speak)

someone that speaks out against and doesn't approve of a gay lifestyle is actually, gay themselves. they're in some sorta 'closet'. because that's a clever but last-ditched comeback, the ol' 180 degree switcheroo or something by someone that might be 'offended' or had their 'feelings hurt' by a blowhard's differing opinion.

so someone that disapproves of religion, liberalism, bicycles, loud music, rob ford, truffle oil, reality tv shows or...

they are, or are perhaps, just the very thing that they are opposing. especially if they get all vehement and stuff about it.





just wanted to get this cleared-up.

geez. who knew. *flexes and walks away*

anyyyyyway.

That was just so damned manly!
 
B00Mer
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

so lemme get this straight (so to speak)

someone that speaks out against and doesn't approve of a gay lifestyle is actually, gay themselves. they're in some sorta 'closet'. because that's a clever but last-ditched comeback, the ol' 180 degree switcheroo or something by someone that might be 'offended' or had their 'feelings hurt' by a blowhard's differing opinion.

so someone that disapproves of religion, liberalism, bicycles, loud music, rob ford, truffle oil, reality tv shows or...

they are, or are perhaps, just the very thing that they are opposing. especially if they get all vehement and stuff about it.





just wanted to get this cleared-up.

geez. who knew. *flexes and walks away*

anyyyyyway.

Yeah, you got it... I'm an in the closet Gay Muslim... what can I say..
 
Locutus
+2
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Yeah, you got it... I'm an in the closet Gay Muslim... what can I say..

oh I know...I've been keeping an eye on you ya handsome brute.
 

Similar Threads

18
Stop the red flag flying here
by china | Nov 29th, 2009
0
Georgia Locals Criticize Mayor on Flying Flag
by Nascar_James | Oct 7th, 2005
no new posts