Luka Magnotta in court ahead of September trial

Locutus

Luka Rocco Magnotta was back in court Monday as a judge assessed various motions related to his upcoming trial in connection with the killing and dismembering of Concordia University student Lin Jun in a Montreal apartment in May 2012.

Quebec Superior Court Judge Guy Cournoyer imposed a temporary publication ban on the nature of the motions presented.

Magnotta faces charges including first-degree murder, committing an indignity to a human body, posting obscene material, mailing obscene material and criminal harassment of Stephen Harper and other members of Parliament.

The 31-year-old has pleaded not guilty to all charges against him.

His trial is scheduled to begin in September 2014.

Magnotta was the focus of an international manhunt in the weeks following the discovery of Linís dismembered corpse.

He was arrested in a Berlin cybercafť in June 2012 after an employee recognized him and called police.

Luka Magnotta in court ahead of September trial - Montreal - CBC News

SLM
Ah, another legal circus about to begin.

Sal
not guilty

but of course

QuebecCanadian
Guilty or not guilty by reason of insanity, this guy needs to be locked up for life and studied. How are people like this created?

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by QuebecCanadianView Post

Guilty or not guilty by reason of insanity, this guy needs to be locked up for life and studied. How are people like this created?

Did you get the birds and the bees speech at some point?

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Ah, another legal circus about to begin.

yep, and could likely focus on why he did it, what society did to him, or neglected to do and such to create the monster he became. I hope I'm wrong about the potential victimhood though.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

yep, and could likely focus on why he did it, what society did to him, or neglected to do and such to create the monster he became. I hope I'm wrong about the potential victimhood though.

Creep's in jail and, face it, he ain't getting out. But the creep's got "fans"......and they are not incarcerated.

Colpy
This stuff makes me CRAZY!

He FILMED IT!

He should have started serving his life term as a dangerous offender at LEAST 18 months ago...........

Locutus
sure looks pretty calm and collected to me given what happened during the previous 4 hours and ten some...just taking out the recyclables and stuff...change of shirt of course:

Luka Magnotta caught on security camera - YouTube

1 lunatic

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

He should have started serving his life term as a dangerous offender at LEAST 18 months ago...........

He more or less was. Its not like he was out on bail.

no new posts