Is the Old Duff smarter (and more honest) than most people think?


grumpydigger
+2
#2
On a scale of political honesty.

Being a corrupt self-centered pig at the trough is hard to gauge, when all the rest around you are trying to stick a knife in your back in order to protect themselves.
 
Goober
#3
Well worth watching.
The Rise and Fall of Mike Duffy - The Fifth Estate - CBC Player
 
JLM
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Well worth watching.
The Rise and Fall of Mike Duffy - The Fifth Estate - CBC Player

I saw part of it yesterday. He definitely had a way of mesmerizing people- he may have lost a lot of that now! -
 
Nuggler
#5
Harper either has it covered or is having trouble sleeping.

He probably sleeps like a baby. Psychopaths are said to have no conscience so why should he worry.

Duff-Duff on the other hand, being caught out, is likely doing the fat boy squirm.

Oh well - 2015.
 
darkbeaver
#6
If Duffy guts are spilled will the chamber contain the effluent or will it contaminate other offices like it might? Those others should flounder in the foul discharge with him.
 
lone wolf
+2
#7
Don't underestimate Duff.... He didn't climb that high in the news community without being adept at seeking out fact in fiction
 
darkbeaver
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Don't underestimate Duff.... He didn't climb that high in the news community without being adept at seeking out fact in fiction

I bet he's poked and peeked in many closets. He appears to be unhealthy, I would not be surprised to hear he has developed serious health problems.
 
Sal
+1
#9
Was talking about this with someone today whose opinion is...he will get probation...what do you think, is it possible?
 
darkbeaver
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

Was talking about this with someone today whose opinion is...he will get probation...what do you think, is it possible?

Well that would be a further injustice and this is Canada so I wouldn't bet against it. Maybe that's why it's gone to trial, just to appear like justice was done.
 
Sal
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Well that would be a further injustice and this is Canada so I wouldn't bet against it. Maybe that's why it's gone to trial, just to appear like justice was done.

that's what he thinks...I was aghast with no way, then starting thinking maybe this is exactly where this is going
 
JLM
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

Was talking about this with someone today whose opinion is...he will get probation...what do you think, is it possible?


Sad to say, YES, and a very short period of probation at that, if any! I'm thinking it would be Harper's head that does the rolling, while the Old Duff sits back and smugly looks on. Looking ahead to the next election, I'm going to just concentrate on the best candidate in my riding (hopefully a newby, that corruption hasn't spoiled YET) and just ignore the leaders as there is NOTHING there to vote for. In fact, they should probably ALL be in jail! -
 
lone wolf
+1
#13
He'll probably get a hero send-off for helping Harper to expose leaks in the Senate
 
JLM
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

He'll probably get a hero send-off for helping Harper to expose leaks in the Senate


Well I just got to thinking he probably lived in P.E.I. (on paper at least) when Harper hired him, so perhaps when someone went looking for him in dead of winter and his sidewalk wasn't shovelled might not translate to fraud..............at the political level! - The address he was claiming is in Canada....................right?
 
Sal
#15
do we know the details of this fraud yet?
 
lone wolf
#16
Do you really think Harper's going to want this to drag out into a long trial? Some of the stink is bound to cling to Election Time....
 
JLM
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

do we know the details of this fraud yet?


Maybe not!! now that I think about it. Maybe all the "usual fraud" is acceptable on Parliament Hill. -
 
darkbeaver
#18
I hope Duffy smashes them utterly,
 
Kathie Bondar
+4
#19  Top Rated Post
Getting to know Duffy one lie at the time. Used to be a television reporter
 
JLM
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kathie BondarView Post

Getting to know Duffy one lie at the time. Used to be a television reporter


No doubt, he can be pretty cute! -
 
darkbeaver
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

He'll probably get a hero send-off for helping Harper to expose leaks in the Senate

lEEKS IN THE SENATE, OF COURDSE THEY WOULD GROW UMIMPEDEE i WOULD THEINK,SEING AS HOW THE COMPOST ISA FERTIE THERE.WHAT SEED WOULDN'TGROW THERE
 

Similar Threads

10
Are you smarter than a fifth grader???
by #juan | Feb 18th, 2008
13
Are you smarter than a Canadian...
by Locutus | Aug 24th, 2007
no new posts