Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Lookee what the cat brought in....

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
A soon as anyone thinks in terms of left and right they gravitate to preconceived thoughts

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The left's selective outrage convinced me that much canonical, left-wing feminism is not so much support for women, as it is a protest against Western, heterosexual men. It's an "I hate" phenomenon, rather than an "I love" phenomenon.

So very, very, very true.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If we was a communist then he has more mental problems than mentioned.

All extremists have selective outrage and see all of life as one big polarized political stunt.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
When there is a balance of the two/far right and far left, we end up with a decent society to live in.
either in the extreme on it's own is a recipe for disaster.

I recall in an documentary about France's elite and the amount of tax they pay the one's interviewed did not mind the higher taxes.

They all agreed they liked the idea that the poor knew who was paying for their safety nets.

Communism is insane due to the fact only those few connected can live the life of a Mao, or Stalin.

We live where with a lot of hard work and the right circumstance you too can be grossly wealthy.
there is nothing wrong with being so wealthy you could never spend it.

there is something wrong though , when someone living in the same country has a hard time getting dental care, due to a plethora of different circumstances that leave them poor.

I joke about being more left than a communist, and the real me is right minded in a lot of instance.

But in real life time face to face i would never label myself, because I know I am an interplay of both far right winged minded ideals and far left winged ideals.

So one would say I am in the centre, but i'm not .

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If we was a communist then he has more mental problems than mentioned.

All extremists have selective outrage and see all of life as one big polarized political stunt.
The trouble with fence sitting is that it's so damn had on the butt....

But most are not really fence sitters as weathervanes.....they go which way the wind blows to be popular........

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
nonsensical article really, and anyone who categorizes their beliefs as right or left has the mind of a 12 year old.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The article is a good read. I enjoyed it. But I can't help but feel he stopped being a lefty for the same reasons he was one in the first place.

Personally I abandoned left way of thought because I recognised a need of consequence for bad life choices. I recognised how consequence have pushed me to become better, and a society without them simply will not work.

I still feel we need to feel compassion to one a other to a certain extent, and that's why I take the center positions.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
most people aren't 'leftist' or 'rightist' to begin with. anyone that thinks so or labels others as is ignorant or afraid to accept similarities above differences. I think we all waver in between some, vacillate from here to there, accepting progressive changes, abolishing newfound stupidity and moving along. besides, labels be kinda lame. :lol:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
most people aren't 'leftist' or 'rightist' to begin with. anyone that thinks so or labels others as is ignorant or afraid to accept similarities above differences. I think we all waver in between some, vacillate from here to there, accepting progressive changes, abolishing newfound stupidity and moving along. besides, labels be kinda lame. :lol:

I'm not ashamed too say I've moved my way of thinking from left to center in the last 10 years. I'd even go as far as to say some of this change has been in part due to discussion on this very forum.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
If it's fair to say that leftists want to be communists, why ain't it fair to say that rightists want to be slaveowners in a country where women and non-whites have no rights?

Reductio ad absurdam works both ways, Jody.

Kind of.....why I prefer the term "progressive" to the old left-right thing.

It makes no difference....ultra left and ultra right are exactly the same thing, and it ain't good.

nonsensical article really, and anyone who categorizes their beliefs as right or left has the mind of a 12 year old.

I actually agree, to an extent.