2 Dead, 22 Shot in 12 Hours in Chicago

Locutus
what a complete sh!thole.

Two people were killed and 20 others were wounded in a rash of gun violence over the course of 12 hours in Chicago, two weeks after the city was rocked by gunfire over the Independence Day holiday.

One of the victims was 11-year-old Shamiya Adams, who was shot in the head at a sleepover at a friend's home in Chicago's West Garfield Park neighborhood at around 9:35 p.m. Friday.

Police called the string of shootings "unacceptable" and said "there is clearly much more work to be done."

Adams was in a first floor bedroom when gunshots came in through the window, originating from somewhere outside the house, Chicago Police Department spokesman Officer Jose Estrada said.

more

2 Dead, 22 Shot in 12 Hours in Chicago | abc7.com (external - login to view)

Walter
BHO's home. He really cares about the little folk.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

what a complete sh!thole.

Two people were killed and 20 others were wounded in a rash of gun violence over the course of 12 hours in Chicago, two weeks after the city was rocked by gunfire over the Independence Day holiday.

One of the victims was 11-year-old Shamiya Adams, who was shot in the head at a sleepover at a friend's home in Chicago's West Garfield Park neighborhood at around 9:35 p.m. Friday.

Police called the string of shootings "unacceptable" and said "there is clearly much more work to be done."

Adams was in a first floor bedroom when gunshots came in through the window, originating from somewhere outside the house, Chicago Police Department spokesman Officer Jose Estrada said.

more

2 Dead, 22 Shot in 12 Hours in Chicago | abc7.com (external - login to view)

An example of gun control at work . Just imagine the casualty count if they didn't have gun control in Chicago .

Sal
+1
sooooooooooooooo people just drive around doing random shooting?

time to move

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

BHO's home. He really cares about the little folk.

Ya, thanks Obama.

Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

An example of gun control at work . Just imagine the casualty count if they didn't have gun control in Chicago .

I'm confused. You mean the opposite. You mean like Canada?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

sooooooooooooooo people just drive around doing random shooting?

time to move

Internal refugees status, that might work, get the drinking water, or something like that, condemned and whole place can be moved under humanitarian concerns at UN expense if the US allows foreign help.

Everybody knows radiation in North America is much different than similar things in Japan . . . not.(the 1.7% that Japan is adding mixes with the 8.9% that the US Govt allows under it's internal safety guidelines just so building costs are lower) With 10% being the 'safe level' in that it is undetected as a cause of illness the little bit brings the overall level above the safe level while Japan is closer it's previous level was at 1% so it can add 8.9% and still be 'safer' than parts of the US. (who now has to invent nuclear accidents (and other fictions) to explain why background contaminates are 7% higher everywhere compared to what was claimed after the trillion was spent on 'extra safety'. (boils down to a small accident that should have minimal impact on the locals ends up having consequences that belong to exposures that are many time higher) Money pocketed by the shareholders of the businesses that populate that industry.
It isn't so much that it did happen that way as if it could be engineered to happen that way they would not hesitate to implement it for any reason other than greed, that should be a bit scarey. Watchdog Societies used to limit that sort of corruption in politics and commerce, they have been done away with.

Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I'm confused. You mean the opposite. You mean like Canada?

I'm confused also, open carry could have meant the 2nd victim was the one who did the first killing, saving 22 others all suffering.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Internal refugees status, that might work, get the drinking water, or something like that, condemned and whole place can be moved under humanitarian concerns at UN expense if the US allows foreign help.
Everybody knows radiation in North America is much different than similar things in Japan . . . not.(the 1.7% that Japan is adding mixes with the 8.9% that the US Govt allows under it's internal safety guidelines just so building costs are lower) With 10% being the 'safe level' in that it is undetected as a cause of illness the little bit brings the overall level above the safe level while Japan is closer it's previous level was at 1% so it can add 8.9% and still be 'safer' than parts of the US. (who now has to invent nuclear accidents (and other fictions) to explain why background contaminates are 7% higher everywhere compared to what was claimed after the trillion was spent on 'extra safety'. (boils down to a small accident that should have minimal impact on the locals ends up having consequences that belong to exposures that are many time higher) Money pocketed by the shareholders of the businesses that populate that industry.
It isn't so much that it did happen that way as if it could be engineered to happen that way they would not hesitate to implement it for any reason other than greed, that should be a bit scarey. Watchdog Societies used to limit that sort of corruption in politics and commerce, they have been done away with.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
I'd just pack everyone into the car and start over. You can't build a life if they keep shooting at you for no known reason. Ireland was bad enough but at least you knew why (sort of)

Think random and think Pavlov.

not good

Twila
+1
What is going on in Chicago? Just a few months ago the same sort of headline was printed.

Gun control? When do people who want to kill register their gun?

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Gun control? When do people who want to kill register their gun?

^this

Ron in Regina
+3
#10  Top Rated Post
When I first read the thread title earlier today before my first coffee, I
mentally confused Chicago with Detroit, and wondered where in they'd
even find 24 people to be shot in a 12hr span. I guess Chicago still has
people in it opposed to Detroit though.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

When I first read the thread title earlier today before my first coffee, I
mentally confused Chicago with Detroit, and wondered where in they'd
even find 24 people to be shot in a 12hr span. I guess Chicago still has
people in it opposed to Detroit though.

For now, but it seems like they're working on that.

no new posts