U of T prof tells court alleged sexual assault victim was receptive to his advances

Locutus
well of course she was, the s l u t t t y old thing...annnnnyway:

here is our non-psychopath-looking irresistible brute

They talked about physics, astronomer Carl Sagan, and actor Christian Bale. She was “warm”, “friendly” and “animated” and, he says, invited her upstairs.

In the version of events given by a University of Toronto professor “things moved quite quickly and unexpectedly” one December night between him and a young woman who has accused of him of sexual assault.

“I was beginning to have second thoughts,” said Andrew Payne, 55, who testified on Wednesday that he ran into the complainant on Gladstone Avenue, near Dundas Street, and walked her home. Banter on a loveseat moved to the bedroom, where he stroked her hair and breasts and at her request helped her disrobe, he told the court.

Mr. Payne had a girlfriend at the time and he was feeling guilty over his infidelity. When the young woman told him, “I can’t do this, I’m too drunk”, he said he felt relieved and left.

The account, the first public one given by the accused, is at odds with testimony given by the complainant, who was in her early 20s at the time of the alleged assault in 2011 and described him as a “predator.”

The woman, who cannot be identified by court order, told Justice Geraldine Sparrow last year that she encountered Mr. Payne outside her house on Dovercourt, near Dundas, about midnight. After a brief conversation, she went up to her second-floor apartment, and recalled that the door did not close fully behind her. A few minutes later she said Mr. Payne was in her doorway, then suddenly on top of her, removing her shorts, panty hose and underwear and pushing her cardigan and top up her body. He fled after she stopped struggling, she testified. None of the allegations has been proven in court.

Under oath on Wednesday, Mr. Payne, who has stepped away from his teaching duties at the faculty of architecture, said he came across the complainant, whom he had met before, on Gladstone, near Collahie Street. They chatted at her house before she went to the washroom and disappeared. He found her on her bed, wearing only pantyhose, a long sleeve shirt and boots.

He testified he laid down and stroked her body until she told him to stop. He later resumed his advances and said she was “more receptive”. (he''s just a smooth winking Old Spice kinda ladies man I think...the Cassanova touch and all like that) He closed the door at her request. “I turned around and she said help me take my clothes off,” said Mr. Payne. He said he was surprised to hear the next day that she was angry, and grew concerned that his girlfriend, who had previously been a student of his, would find out.
The trial resumes next month.

U of T professor tells court alleged sexual assault victim invited him into her home, was receptive to his advances | National Post

coldstream
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
he said, she said..

Sal
frankly this whole thing sounds off...what he says and what she says

the door didn't close behind her...really?

captain morgan
This is the part that I don't get:

"... A few minutes later she said Mr. Payne was in her doorway, then suddenly on top of her, removing her shorts, panty hose and underwear and pushing her cardigan and top up her body. "

Removing that many layers of clothing is a huge challenge at the best of times when there is (voluntary) combined effort... And doing it whilst 'on top of her'?

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

This is the part that I don't get:

"... A few minutes later she said Mr. Payne was in her doorway, then suddenly on top of her, removing her shorts, panty hose and underwear and pushing her cardigan and top up her body. "

Removing that many layers of clothing is a huge challenge at the best of times when there is (voluntary) combined effort... And doing it whilst 'on top of her'?

it doesn't jive...none of it jives...

yeah while on top of her...he removed all of her clothing...this girl, I don't know...he has a lot to lose professionally speaking...back in the day I remember one prof sleeping with a student and she was a fuk nut...and he was equally messed up...

something is not right here

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

it doesn't jive...none of it jives...

yeah while on top of her...he removed all of her clothing...this girl, I don't know...he has a lot to lose professionally speaking...back in the day I remember one prof sleeping with a student and she was a fuk nut...and he was equally messed up...

something is not right here

I'm guessing that both are way in the wrong here... Buddy should not only understand the ethical dilemma he is facing in addition to his (admitted) advances on this girl that sounds like she was pretty drunk.

As you say though, there seems to be an element in what this girl has stated that suggests there is some more to this story

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

I'm guessing that both are way in the wrong here... Buddy should not only understand the ethical dilemma he is facing in addition to his (admitted) advances on this girl that sounds like she was pretty drunk.

As you say though, there seems to be an element in what this girl has stated that suggests there is some more to this story

exactly...he had a girlfriend and still went for it...he is perhaps a slime ball, and she perhaps got a little carried away with the whole professor attraction thing...that is why a prof should NEVER sleep with a student...they worship some of these guys..they are in a position of influence and authority...not cool

it get's them laid enough as it is with former students...they have lots of young nubile bodies to choose from

lone wolf
Do they still get 'A's' that way?

Sorry ... the clothing thing doesn't add up

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Do they still get 'A's' that way?

Sorry ... the clothing thing doesn't add up

I don't know, most cases that I knew and that was two, were profs sleeping with students not in their class necessarily but certainly interested in their discipline.

both ended badly... one prof ended up being the laughing stock of the campus when that summer his wife found out booted him and he was literally living in his car

guys really do underestimate the power they have over a young person listening to someone who actually knows what they are speaking of...it is in truth the biggest aphrodisiac sex is in the mind...

lone wolf
+1

I don't know, most cases that I knew and that was two, were profs sleeping with students not in their class necessarily but certainly interested in their discipline.

both ended badly... one prof ended up being the laughing stock of the campus when that summer his wife found out booted him and he was literally living in his car

guys really do underestimate the power they have over a young person listening to someone who actually knows what they are speaking of...it is in truth the biggest aphrodisiac sex is in the mind...

Crush really can ... especially when in collision with "Hell hath no fury...."

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Crush really can ... especially when in collision with "Hell hath no fury...."

and that could have been what happened actually...if she felt rejected

none the less, regardless of what he did even if innocent in the extreme it was professional misconduct and he acted like a d*ck

lone wolf
+1

and that could have been what happened actually...if she felt rejected

none the less, regardless of what he did even if innocent in the extreme it was professional misconduct and he acted like a d*ck

Truth....

Good ordered discipline also speaks of a certain measure of keeping it in your pants and focusing on proper head

no new posts