Not news: sister of 9/11 firefighter is given a flag that was flown over WTC ruins

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
News: The flag is stolen when she hung it up outside. Fark: Then returned 4 days later with a note reading 'I am so sorry'

American flag given to family of firefighter killed on September 11 is returned four days after its theft with note saying: 'I am so sorry'

• Melissa Brengel, sister of a firefighter who died in the south tower, said she found the flag when she awoke on July 4 with a note apologizing for nicking it
  • The flag was given to Brengel by the September 11th Families Association after it flew over the World Trade Center ruins
  • 'The flag means so much to me and my family and we are so happy and grateful that it was returned,' she said

story:

American flag given to family of firefighter killed on September 11 is returned four days after its theft with note 'I am so sorry' | Mail Online

also:

[...] Brengal pleaded with the person responsible to return the flag, no questions asked, and that person listened.

Apology Note Accompanies Flag Returned To Woman Who Lost Brother On 9/11 « CBS New York