Is this doctor playing "God"?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i'm sure this doctor is very efficient in everything else she does, and if her personal belief is that of

not prescribing birth control, that is her prerogative.

just don't use that doctor, use another one.

if one wants the pill, it isn't a same day answer, the pill is ongoing for almost every day of the
month.
doesn't work after just taking the first one, on the same day as doctor prescribed them.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There aren't many fundie chaplains in the military. That's because military chaplains are required to provide each servicemember religious services according to the servicemember's religious tradition and beliefs, to the extent possible.

Medicine is supposed to be about the patient, not about the doctor.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
is this doctor disobeying any oath she might have taken in medical school?

refusing birth control pills isn't quite the same as refusing a blood transfusion to a dieing patient.

the person asking for the pills can get them in many other places, and won't die in the meantime.

i don't know the answer to my question, maybe someone else does.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
"And as a woman it's my right to have it prescribed, even from a walk-in doctor," she added.

It's also the doctor's right to not give it out if it goes against her morals/ethics. So long as the doctor follows the optional referral plan, there's nothing anyone can do.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I think the "he" might be a "she".-:)

Yes Chantel would be a female... I hope..

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Another conservative retard, this time a doctor who had to move to Calgary cause the competition was to fierce here in Ontario.

Poor Alberta gets all the retards

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Another conservative retard, this time a doctor who had to move to Calgary cause the competition was to fierce here in Ontario.

Poor Alberta gets all the retards

I thought you lived in Quebec.............

i'm sure this doctor is very efficient in everything else she does, and if her personal belief is that of

not prescribing birth control, that is her prerogative.

just don't use that doctor, use another one.

if one wants the pill, it isn't a same day answer, the pill is ongoing for almost every day of the
month.
doesn't work after just taking the first one, on the same day as doctor prescribed them.

Exactly

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
tHE SUN RISES IN THE EAST FOR A REASON. YOU WESTERN DOGS GET USED SUN EVERYDAY.

By the time it gets to alberta it is very much depletedbut will STILL support support albertans, THE LAST VESTIGES OF ITS POWER ARE SPENT ON BC, EVEN THEY WRING SOME FORM OF LIFE FROM IT'S MUCH DIMMNED RADIANCE, NEXT IS ALGE

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
There lies the answer methinks!

doctors aren't robots or machines, they are human beings just like you and i,

and they have personal decisions to make for their own lives.

like i said before, not prescribing birth control pills isn't a dangerous decision that
could cost someone their life.

have a little flexability for another person, just because she is a doctor doesn't mean
she has to bow down to 'all' patients demands, there are plenty of doctors who will
prescribe birth control pills, and for a patient to kick up a stink because a certain
doctor wouldn't do as they said, is unreasonable.

jeesh, they are only birth control pills.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
doctors aren't robots or machines, they are human beings just like you and i,

and they have personal decisions to make for their own lives.

Like i said before, not prescribing birth control pills isn't a dangerous decision that
could cost someone their life.

Have a little flexability for another person, just because she is a doctor doesn't mean
she has to bow down to 'all' patients demands, there are plenty of doctors who will
prescribe birth control pills, and for a patient to kick up a stink because a certain
doctor wouldn't do as they said, is unreasonable.

Jeesh, they are only birth control pills.

doctors are not humans....they are coin operated pill dispensers