Toddler tries to defend mother from violent attack (WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Toddler tries to defend mother from violent attack (WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO)

A disturbing video making the rounds on social media shows a fast food employee ferociously beating an unidentified woman as her child tries to stop the violence.

According to CBS Local News, the incident occurred on Tuesday in Salem, New Jersey. Although the attack took place outside, the assailant is wearing what appears to be a McDonald’s uniform. Notably, the video shows multiple people also recording the confrontation, with no one but the victim’s young child stepping in to stop the assault.

Local police have identified the suspect as 25-year-old Latia Harris, who is believed to work at the McDonald’s restaurant near the scene. Her whereabouts are currently unknown – she has not been into work since the incident – but Salem City Police Chief John Pelura III said she would be charged with aggravated assault and two counts of terroristic threats when she is arrested. In the video, the fast food worker can be seen taking the victim – who remains unidentified – to the ground and repeatedly punching her in the face, even kicking her in the back at one point. The victim’s toddler is the only one at the scene who tries to stop the violence, and he can be seen crying for his mother and kicking at the attacker to no avail.

GRAPHIC: Toddler tries to defend mother from violent attack - YouTube

After the fast food employee kicks the woman in the back, she also yells, “You better get your son before I kick him in the face too!”

By the time the assault ends, the attacker spits on the victim and asks those recording the incident not to post it on social media. The video ended up on Facebook, however, and police managed to obtain a copy.

Speaking with NJ.com, Pelura criticized the violent episode, in which the fast food worker hits the victim at least 20 times.

"Police in this county deal with this type of violence everyday. Yet, this video is physically sickening to watch," he said on Wednesday.

At this point, it’s not known what caused the fight to break out, but according to police, the victim reportedly said a McDonald’s employee named “Tia” blamed her for spreading rumors about her and her manager. The victim was bloodied in the face and sent to the hospital, but while Pelura criticized the attacker, he also had some harsh words for the bystanders.

"There is a moral and social breakdown in the fabric of our society which is clearly evident when a woman gets pummeled in broad daylight in front of her child while a dozen people pull out their phones to record the incident instead of calling for help," he told NJ.com. "There is so little regard for human life — by the actor and the bystanders."

source: Toddler tries to defend mother from violent attack (WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO) ? RT USA

/////////////////////////////

Yup, don't step in to break up the fight, nope pull out your iPhone and record..

Sorry, but f*ck the phone.. I would have had to step in.. Hope they arrest the attacker and toss her into prison for years.

As far as the people who filmed this... I wish they could charge them too..

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Probably deserved it. The law shouldn't be used to protect people who made bad choices to hang out with the wrong crowd and piss off a women 2 times her size. Reality check for that little tramp.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
That people who make bad choices suffer consequences is a good thing. How do you expect them to ever learn?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Probably deserved it. The law shouldn't be used to protect people who made bad choices to hang out with the wrong crowd and piss off a women 2 times her size. Reality check for that little tramp.

You've probably used the same loopholes and now use the internet as your brave place

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Internet Rambo Angstrom!!!

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Sh1t like that would only ever happen to screw ups. That she had bad enough judgment to have her kid with her in a situation like that. Tells you she is as responsible as my 6 year old.

In real life you get what you deserve.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
for sure there is more to this story, not that she deserved to be beaten but yeah, something instigated this, I have my doubts that she is the only victim in the chain or even the first

what I was thinking was, the saddest part is the kid...nice life ahead, great opportunities due to the rich environment he will be raised in,

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well. . . maybe not art.

You don't think Seinfeld was art?

for sure there is more to this story, not that she deserved to be beaten but yeah, something instigated this, I have my doubts that she is the only victim in the chain or even the first

what I was thinking was, the saddest part is the kid...nice life ahead, great opportunities due to the rich environment he will be raised in,

Regardless of what she did, she did not 'deserve' to be beaten. The person who did the beating crossed the line. Now if there were extenuating circumstances, those will come to light at the sentencing.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You don't think Seinfeld was art?

Regardless of what she did, she did not 'deserve' to be beaten. The person who did the beating crossed the line. Now if there were extenuating circumstances, those will come to light at the sentencing.

pretty much what I said...yup

except I am more than certain there is a lot more to this story

but reporting the whole thing would not allow for the over the top emotional reaction ...

the victim here is the child

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
pretty much what I said...yup

except I am more than certain there is a lot more to this story

but reporting the whole thing would not allow for the over the top emotional reaction ...

the victim here is the child

From the moment it became physical, unless the woman on the ground laid the first punch, the rest of the story is irrelevant. The minute she took it physical, it became a new story.

And yes I wound up quoting the wrong post and edited it after.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Taking multiple good intelligent decisions threw out your life usually doesn't finish with you getting the sh1t kicked out of yourself by a lady two times your size.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
And yes I wound up quoting the wrong post and edited it after.
ah, okay, no problem,

it seemed weird that you would quote my post and merely rephrase it as though yours was different...it seemed as though you did not understand what I had written...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Taking multiple good decisions threw out your life usually doesn't finish with you getting the sh1t kicked out of yourself by a lady two times your size.

It doesn't matter what decisions you make. Nobody has a right to beat on you (unless your decision is to walk into a boxing ring with gloves on).