Granny Gives Prince William a Chopper for his 32nd

Spade
And it only cost $11 million.
Prince William gets $11M helicopter from Queen on his birthday - World - CBC News
Is it for the possibility the Royal Family will have evacuate from the roof of Buckingham Palace when the Republicans invade?
A whoppa-whoppa gift for the prince who doesn't have everything?

Jeeper, it has a bar. Courvoisier L'essence, anyone?

tay
+1
I don't want to hear any whining from the peasants........

#juan
There are not that many people who get 11 million dollar helicopters on a birthday. I'm sure there are a few. It bugs me a little that the money for that helicopter was bled out of the British public.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

There are not that many people who get 11 million dollar helicopters on a birthday. I'm sure there are a few. It bugs me a little that the money for that helicopter was bled out of the British public.

it's not.

How Much Do British Royal Family Make Annually? | DiscoveryFinance.Com

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

I don't want to hear any whining from the peasants........

Monty Python- The Annoying Peasant - YouTube

lone wolf
Has a bar ... but no toitie? That's gotta go over well

grumpydigger
You can always pee out the window.

taxslave
Sovereign Grant sounds an awful lot like taxpayers money to me. That is where the article says the money comes from.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Has a bar ... but no toitie? That's gotta go over well

Not to worry. If it is anything like British subs the chances of it staying airborne long enough to fill a bladder are remote.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Sovereign Grant sounds an awful lot like taxpayers money to me.

That's because you are an idiot.

Under the Sovereign Grant, passed into law last year, the Queen receives 15pc of profits from the Crown Estate, the organisation that holds property on behalf of the Crown.

here's the latest report

https://www.royal.gov.uk/pdf/Financi...%20-%20web.pdf

Spade
The stiff upper lip of the English peasant.

Queen gets William 8M birthday treat helicopter with publi - YouTube

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydiggerView Post

You can always pee out the window.

sorta what I had in mind - except the cabin's probably hermetically sealed - for the air conditioning

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Thought I heard a report early in the year that they were on the verge of bankruptcy, kind of thought maybe they were down to their last $50 but I was possibly mistaken with that assessment. -

Ludlow
We call that type of excess trickle down economics here in the US.

Sal
I don't see it as a big deal...we fly all of our politicians all over the place.

This copter will be used for official business. It's not like he won't soon be king anyway.

Spade
+2
#15  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

I don't see it as a big deal...we fly all of our politicians all over the place.

This copter will be used for official business. It's not like he won't soon be king anyway.

Well, when Granny goes, Chuckie will be Cheese. Are you suggesting Charles is doddering?
Last edited by Spade; 4 weeks ago at 07:45 AM..

JLM

I don't think Chuck is looking like he'll drop dead anytime soon! -

Sal
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Well, when Granny goes, Chuckie will be Cheese. Are you suggesting Charles is doddering?

no...
they live so long these old buzzards..but it would appear the stage is being set for the younger generation, even down to this copter...it's a new world, Charles time came and went

JLM

Chuckie will likely be King "Consort"- it's Camilla who "wears the pants" methinks!

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I don't think Chuck is looking like he'll drop dead anytime soon! -

he won't, but I think that he will let it go to his son...

JLM
+1

no...
they live so long these old buzzards..but it would appear the stage is being set for the younger generation, even down to this copter...it's a new world, Charles time came and went

But he still has to run out his time as king, as I doubt after the bad taste Eddy left in people's mouths, he is likely to abdicate.

he won't, but I think that he will let it go to his son...

Nooooooooooooooooope! -

Spade
I agree with JLM, Chuck hasn't had his turn on the dime yet. Granny doesn't get to decide in favour of Prince Charming; England isn't Rome.

Sal
+2

But he still has to run out his time as king, as I doubt after the bad taste Eddy left in people's mouths, he is likely to abdicate.

Nooooooooooooooooope! -

The Queen had said at one point she would rule until she was 87 and then abdicate unless of course she dies prior. That will make Charles 70. That is old to be crowned and would set a precedent historically since the oldest was 64.

The queen is well loved by her people. He is not so popular and neither is Camilla. The British public love their monarchy but not so much Charles. It would not be in the best interest of the monarchy or the country. He was forced to marry Diana now he has Camilla and a wonderful lifestyle.

I do not believe he will take the crown

I agree with JLM, Chuck hasn't had his turn on the dime yet. Granny doesn't get to decide in favour of Prince Charming; England isn't Rome.

correct she does not...but they have pressured him before and he crumbled and did what was right by marrying Diana...he wanted Camilla over the throne. He now has Camilla.

He is a man of passion but not stupid. the public do not support him. If he takes the crown, historically he will not go out well.

Spade
+2
Jeepers, I'm for Chuck. I'm publick! think the Queen should give Chuck a set of diamond dusted irons to improve his backspin. A good golf game is a splendid way to wait for the Crown.

Sal
+1

Jeepers, I'm for Chuck. I'm publick! think the Queen should give Chuck a set of diamond dusted irons to improve his backspin. A good golf game is a splendid way to wait for the Crown.

He's paid his dues for the crown I think. I hope he says screw 'em and just enjoys his life. Let the youngun's do the work.

Spade
+1
Perhaps you're right. As the nursery rhyme says,
"Here is a candle to light you to bed;
Here is a chopper to chop off your head!"

- Not literally, just crownywise!

JLM

The Queen had said at one point she would rule until she was 87 and then abdicate unless of course she dies prior. That will make Charles 70. That is old to be crowned and would set a precedent historically since the oldest was 64.

Check your math- Lizzy is 88, Chuck is 65! 70 is not old anymore and of course the daily routine for the Monarchy is micro managed for longevity.

Perhaps you're right. As the nursery rhyme says,
"Here is a candle to light you to bed;
Here is a chopper to chop off your head!"

- Not literally, just crownywise!

That is pretty risqué for Mother Goose!

#juan
+1
It says the helicopter costs will be covered by the sovereign grant, which is a sum of money the government gives to the Royal Family to help support the Queen's official duties.
For 2013-14, the government gave the Queen slightly more than $66 million.

Sounds like a perk to me.

JLM
+1

correct she does not...but they have pressured him before and he crumbled and did what was right by marrying Diana...he wanted Camilla over the throne. He now has Camilla.

He is a man of passion but not stupid. the public do not support him. If he takes the crown, historically he will not go out well.

Good point- any red blooded man who would pick Camilla over Diana has to be soft in the head methinks, so I suppose he could get a pass on mental ineptitude. Maybe the throne would pass to Camilla, she probably has more balls than any of them. -

Spade

Check your math- Lizzy is 88, Chuck is 65! 70 is not old anymore and of course the daily routine for the Monarchy is micro managed for longevity.

Yes, the Windsors are fed Imperial Margerine. It's the royal jelly of the realm.

IMPERAL MARGARINE BUT A CROWN ON YOUR HEAD - YouTube

Sal
+1

I don't need to check my math...she said she would abdicate at 87. She did not obviously. My point was you said Charles would not abdicate because of the past abdication by Edward. The current queen said she would, she has not. She is hanging tough to give the kids their chance to be ready.

When Charles takes the crown you can tell me you were right.
When William takes it, I will do like wise...deal?

Predicting the future is a funny thing, one small occurrence can change even the best laid plans.

If Prince William doesn't become king they can always cancel the lease on the copter.

Good point- any red blooded man who would pick Camilla over Diana has to be soft in the head methinks, so I suppose he could get a pass on mental ineptitude. Maybe the throne would pass to Camilla, she probably has more balls than any of them. -

I don't agree. Princess Diana was highly unbalanced. I am not a fan so don't get me started.

I do however like both Charles and Camilla.