Ebola 'Totally Out of Control,' Doctors Without Borders Says

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is the deadliest ever seen and the virus is raging ‘‘totally out of control,’’ an official with Doctors Without Borders said Friday. The virus, which causes a particularly nasty form of hemorrhagic fever, has killed 337 people out of 528 infected, the World Health Organization says — making it by far the biggest and deadliest outbreak of Ebola since it was first identified in 1976.

‘‘The reality is clear that the epidemic is now in a second wave,’’ Bart Janssens, operations director for Doctors Without Borders in Brussels, told the AP. ‘‘And, for me, it is totally out of control.’’

The virus has been spreading since spring in three West African countries with fluid borders — Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. The biggest outbreak affected 425 people in Uganda in 2000, killing 224 of them. There’s no good treatment and no cure for Ebola, which is highly transmissible.

Ebola 'Totally Out of Control,' Doctors Without Borders Says - NBC News

Move along, nothing to see citizen...go follow Rob Ford or watch the stupid soccer thing.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
pretty frightening when a doctor says Ebola is out of control.

It makes SARS look tame by comparison.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
pretty frightening when a doctor says Ebola is out of control.

It makes SARS look tame by comparison.

SARS was caught airborn. Ebola looks gross and is a painful death but is a poor virus since it has too high a mortality rate, symptoms are obvious and can only be transmitted by bodily fluids.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
SARS was caught airborn. Ebola looks gross and is a painful death but is a poor virus since it has too high a mortality rate, symptoms are obvious and can only be transmitted by bodily fluids.
except you leak like a sieve when you have it..it's hemorrhagic fever...your lips touch cups and glasses and you bleed out everywhere...

in the bush they just place all individuals with it in a hut, burn it down and flee into the jungles until it goes back to ground...in populated city it could spread like wild fire

there are some books out there (not fiction) that predicted this years ago...this is not a disease to play with...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Pretty much. It wouldn't affect nearly as many if they had better quarantine measures. It just happens to affect some of the poorest nations, so....

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pretty much. It wouldn't affect nearly as many if they had better quarantine measures. It just happens to affect some of the poorest nations, so....

It can be passed by surviving males in their bodily fluids for 2 months after cure. If it had a lower mortality rate, it would be like AIDS.

except you leak like a sieve when you have it..it's hemorrhagic fever...your lips touch cups and glasses and you bleed out everywhere...

in the bush they just place all individuals with it in a hut, burn it down and flee into the jungles until it goes back to ground...in populated city it could spread like wild fire

there are some books out there (not fiction) that predicted this years ago...this is not a disease to play with...

I don't think you should be caring for a relative sick with Ebola. Call 911 and have him/her quarantined.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It can be passed by surviving males in their bodily fluids for 2 months after cure. If it had a lower mortality rate, it would be like AIDS.

I don't think you should be caring for a relative sick with Ebola. Call 911 and have him/her quarantined.
lol... germaphobe that I am, I'd be out of town so fast the door wouldn't be shut behind me before i was two towns over

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It'll not be long before you get black American couples naming their daughters Ebola.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That's not as stupid limey's naming their idiot children Elizabeth or Harry after their hereditary owners.

It is. It is a LOT more stupid that calling someone Harry (unless you live in Birmingham, Alabama; or Brooklyn).

And many people think I'm being silly for suggesting that it won't be long until black Americans call their daughters Ebola. But just you wait and see. You read it here first...

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Now it's coming to North America thanks to these spread the worders. Why don't they just stay home and mind their own business.........

Texas doctor working in Liberia sends wife and 2 kids home to US just days before coming down with the disease.

There is no known cure for Ebola, which begins with symptoms including fever and sore throat and escalates to vomiting, diarrhea and internal and external bleeding. The WHO says the disease is not contagious until a person begins to show symptoms.

Munro said some church members had offered several months ago to pay to fly the Writebols back to the U.S. because of the Ebola outbreak but they refused because they felt God had called them to work there. He broke the news to the congregation Sunday morning.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/american-doctor-africa-gets-treatment-ebola

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is the deadliest ever seen and the virus is raging ‘‘totally out of control,’’ an official with Doctors Without Borders said Friday. The virus, which causes a particularly nasty form of hemorrhagic fever, has killed 337 people out of 528 infected, the World Health Organization says — making it by far the biggest and deadliest outbreak of Ebola since it was first identified in 1976.

‘‘The reality is clear that the epidemic is now in a second wave,’’ Bart Janssens, operations director for Doctors Without Borders in Brussels, told the AP. ‘‘And, for me, it is totally out of control.’’

The virus has been spreading since spring in three West African countries with fluid borders — Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. The biggest outbreak affected 425 people in Uganda in 2000, killing 224 of them. There’s no good treatment and no cure for Ebola, which is highly transmissible.

Ebola 'Totally Out of Control,' Doctors Without Borders Says - NBC News

Move along, nothing to see citizen...go follow Rob Ford or watch the stupid soccer thing.

Wait a sec.....is this science?

I thought that was verboten?