Woman attempts to enter Canada hidden in pickup truck’s external fuel tank

B00Mer
Woman attempts to enter Canada hidden in pickup truck’s external fuel tank

Canada Border Services Agency officers at the Carway port of entry captured a 47-year-old woman attempting to enter Canada in a concealed compartment of a truck on Tuesday.

According to CBSA officials, 63-year-old Richard James Watt approached the Canada-U.S. border crossing in his pickup truck. Officers examined the truck and determined the gas tank in the bed of the pickup was abnormal. An examination of the fuel tank, measuring 41 cm (16") high by 36 cm (14") deep by 168 cm (66") long, revealed a woman hidden inside.

The Canada Border Services Agency Criminal Investigation Unit has charged the driver and the stowaway in connection to the incident.

The stowaway, 47-year-old Mercie Maslog Lumacad of no fixed address, has been charged with failing to report for examination. Richard Watt, a resident of Colorado, faces a charge of aiding and abetting Lumacad’s failure to report for examination.

Watt and Lumacad are scheduled to appear in Lethbridge Provincial Court on Friday.

“I commend our officers for their diligence every day in identifying high-risk travellers and conducting in-depth examinations based on evidence at hand,” said Kim Scoville, CBSA Acting Regional Director General, Prairie Region. “This case demonstrates our commitment to preserving the security of our borders.”

Lisa White, CBSA spokesperson, says, while officers have encountered vehicle modifications for the smuggling of contraband substances, Monday’s incident is the first time officers in the Prairie Region have located a hidden compartment designed to bring humans illegally into Canada.

Source: Woman attempts to enter Canada hidden in pickup truck’s external fuel tank | CTV Calgary News

Glad the CBSA are doing their job. They found the Lady and a Gun.. obviously they stopped a future crime and hope they toss them in jail for a spell.. before deporting them.

Praxius
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Crazy Mexicans trying to hop the border..... pssh.

Oh wait.... so Mexicans are sneaking into the US and Americans are sneaking into Canada.

Does this mean "Sh*t Rolls Uphill" now?

Kidding kidding, relaxed Eagle

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

Oh wait.... so Mexicans are sneaking into the US and Americans are sneaking into Canada.

Yeah, you would be surprised at the number of "Illegal" US Citizens living and working in Canada.. I know of a few..

Americans going to Canada to find work – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Tom Brokaw Explains Canada To Americans - YouTube

Twila
I had no idea. Why would Americans do that?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

All is cool.

I commend the Canadian Border Guards for doing that.

Canada has sound immigration laws and apparently they actually enforce them.
Last edited by EagleSmack; Jun 20th, 2014 at 08:39 AM..

lone wolf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

"free" medical care and cheaper meds

B00Mer
+1

Jobs, Health Care, Prescriptions...

As of 2008, there were an estimated 12.5 million illegal aliens in the United States. Of these... 56% are from Mexico and 22% are from other Latin American countries, 6% are Asian, 3% from Africa, and only 3% are from all of Europe and Canada. They don't even bother to give Canada it's own class since the numbers are so small. The estimated numbers of Canadians illegally in the US is estimated between 15,000 and 30,000 and almost all of these are temporary workers, visa over-stays, "Snow Birds" who re-enter within the year, etc. Almost all return to Canada at some point. It is estimated there are nearly twice as many Americans illegally in Canada -- again mostly workers and visitors.

The US "ignores" illegal immigration from Canada because there are around 300+ times as many illegal immigrants from Mexico and Latin America and most Canadians (at some point) return the Canada. Further, Canadians illegally in the country aren't likely to be a drain on US social services ... because they have better social services in Canada, they are typically there to vacation or work (meaning they have incomes or money), they don't typically have families, already speak English, they are only there temporarily, etc. Further, there are 32 million Canadians, a 5000 mile undefended border, and maybe a few tens of thousands illegally in the US. Meanwhile you have nearly 7% of the population of Mexico illegally within the US despite massive amounts of policing, fences, billions in INS and customs spending, etc.

Wiki.

Found source.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Probably jonesing for hockey and poutine.

B00Mer

wwwyoutubecomwatchvbV041oYDjg

I do think that this video will want to make you waive a Canadian flag..

Canada is a cool country - -81F cool.

Oh Canada!!

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Yeah, you would be surprised at the number of "Illegal" US Citizens living and working in Canada.. I know of a few..

Americans going to Canada to find work – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Tom Brokaw Explains Canada To Americans - YouTube

We polite Canadians call them Temporary Foreign Workers. Got lots where I am. Too bad most of them can't speak English.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

All is cool.

I commend the Canadian Border Guards for doing that.

Canada has sound immigration laws and apparently they actually enforce them.

Not if you are not white and come by boat.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Not if you are not white and come by boat.

I did some googling the other day about these ships heading to Canada. It seems that after the second ship from Sri Lanka arrived the Canadian authorities cracked down on that. Canada is light years ahead of us on immigration law enforcement.