Death Penalty.

Goober
+4
#1
Those that support a Death Penalty.
If you have a religious belief(s), how do you reconcile those beliefs with a death penalty

Myself, I would rather see them rot in prison till the end of their days.
 
gerryh
+3
#2
in prison for ever
 
eh1eh
#3
Two votes for malicious sustained revenge instead of quick and dirty revenge.
 
Corduroy
+2
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Those that support a Death Penalty.
If you have a religious belief(s), how do you reconcile those beliefs with a death penalty

Death to infidels!
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#5
I would vote in favour of it in a referendum but I am not standing on a soap box demanding it. I am also not upset when one is executed or even botched.

I reconcile that with the fact that I am not the one killing them.
 
gopher
+3
#6
And when DNA evidence proves someone innocent, what do you do?
 
Twila
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

And when DNA evidence proves someone innocent, what do you do?

They could always make this a manditory test before killing them. There must be conclusive DNA test positive BEFORE they put a convict to death.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

And when DNA evidence proves someone innocent, what do you do?

I do nothing. Again, it's not me. I find it a very convenient position.

But if I were the one making the legislation, I would not have the death penalty automatic. A second trial with judges not jury and the prosecution would need to justify why they want it. I would also be reluctant to enforce it without DNA evidence on the plus side. But I am not a legislator nor have I played one on TV. I did not even stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.
 
Goober
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Two votes for malicious sustained revenge instead of quick and dirty revenge.

No revenge, take a life, then serve life.
Malicious, what about those that beat or starve a child to death- 10 maybe 15 years. Life in prison.
Yes they will rot and that is not revenge, they were not murdered now were they.
 
Spade
+2
#10
Capital punishment is a barbarism; thank the gods Canada has had decency to abolish it.
 
gopher
+2
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

They could always make this a manditory test before killing them. There must be conclusive DNA test positive BEFORE they put a convict to death.


And what if the evidence was planted as Mark Fuhrmann admitted to doing in many cases during the OJ trial?
 
Twila
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

And what if the evidence was planted as Mark Fuhrmann admitted to doing in many cases during the OJ trial?

Then they hang Mark Fuhrman instead?
 
gopher
+1
#13
Not a bad idea!
 
DaSleeper
+2
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

And what if the evidence was planted as Mark Fuhrmann admitted to doing in many cases during the OJ trial?

Did mark Fuhrman admit to planting evidence, or are you blowing smoke again?....link?
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Then they hang Mark Fuhrman instead?

Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Not a bad idea!

If you plant evidence resulting in the death of somebody, you are (or should be) guilty of murder and suffer whatever punishment is on the books for murder.
 
gopher
+2
#16
I would extend that to prosecutorial misconduct and judges who knowingly allow suppression of exculpatory evidence or to deny the discussion of manufactured or planted evidence in court. All shielding laws which protect police, prosecutors, and judges under these circumstances need to be wiped off the books.
 
Goober
#17
DNA does not always tell the truth. While the samples match, it is also evidence provided by witnesses. Often enough, to be more than credible, people have been cleared years later when it was found the Police tampered with witnesses, the Prosecutor withheld documents.
Yep- the DNA was on the victim.
Like I says it ain't always telling you if the person committed murder.

If I recall correctly the French have a perjury law- If you lie in a case where a person could be sentenced to life, if you are convicted of perjury, that sentence applies to your case.
Same if it was a max of 10.

For those support the DP, would you also support the following. Come on now, show the strength of your convictions.

So for Prosecutors and Police that tamper and deliberately skirt the law and the intent of the Law that results in a DP conviction. Regardless of whether the execution takes place, should they also be tried with the DP, the only option aside from innocent?
.
They are complicit and send a person, deliberately, no different that one that shoots someone, ceptin they had time to plan to send a person to die.

Yep- Automatic DP if convicted.
Of course those that support the DP would have to agree with this now, wouldn't you?
 
Spade
#18
Why don't you simply say, Goober, that capital punishment is barbaric, like games in the Roman
Colosseum.
Last edited by Spade; Jun 19th, 2014 at 05:37 PM..
 
Tecumsehsbones
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Those that support a Death Penalty.
If you have a religious belief(s), how do you reconcile those beliefs with a death penalty

Myself, I would rather see them rot in prison till the end of their days.

Well, if you're a Jeebus follower, this world is a vale of tears and the hereafter is all cuddly bunnies and chillin' with Gawd. So actually we're doing the condemned a favour.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Why don't you simply say, Goober, that capital punishment is barbaric, like games in the Roman Forum?

The Forum?
 
Twila
+1
#20
I am only in favour of the death penalty for a certain type of person: Serial rapists and Serial killers.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

I am only in favour of the death penalty for a certain type of person: Serial rapists and Serial killers.

What about cereal eaters?
 
eh1eh
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

No revenge, take a life, then serve life.
Malicious, what about those that beat or starve a child to death- 10 maybe 15 years. Life in prison.
Yes they will rot and that is not revenge, they were not murdered now were they.

Insert punishment for revenge.
 
gopher
+2
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

I am only in favour of the death penalty for a certain type of person: Serial rapists and Serial killers.



I forget his first name but it was a guy named Richardson in Florida who was a convicted mass murderer and spent 7 years appealing the guilty verdict.

Then when his former wife lay dying in a Arizona hospital she confessed to having murdered her 7 children. By the way, the judge in the Richardson case knew that she had been charged with killing three other children but suppressed any evidence of that in the trial.
 
Spade
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Well, if you're a Jeebus follower, this world is a vale of tears and the hereafter is all cuddly bunnies and chillin' with Gawd. So actually we're doing the condemned a favour.


The Forum?

Oops! Not the Roman Forum I was thinking of this forum. Let me correct my previous statement - the CC Forum!
 
Twila
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

I forget his first name but it was a guy named Richardson in Florida who was a convicted mass murderer and spent 7 years appealing the guilty verdict.

Then when his former wife lay dying in a Arizona hospital she confessed to having murdered her 7 children. By the way, the judge in the Richardson case knew that she had been charged with killing three other children but suppressed any evidence of that in the trial.

yikes.

My understanding is that mass murder and serial murder are committed by 2 different types of people. I'm all for ending the tyranny that is brought about by psychopaths who kill for enjoyment.

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

What about cereal eaters?

Jeebus no! I'm a cereal eater...also I am a serial eater...
 
spaminator
#26
i'm in favour of death penalty as long as they are guilty.
 
Goober
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Insert punishment for revenge.

Yes it is punishment.
I do agree with the new law regarding multiple murders in Canada, consecutive sentences.
That POS who murdered 3 Police Office will receive 75 years before eligibility for Parole.

Do you disagree with this new law?
 
gopher
+1
#28
^ in that Richardson matter the judge who suppressed the evidence should have to forfeit his pension and serve out the term of the sentence at hard labor
 
Spade
+1
#29
Colosseum, lions not politics.
 
Sal
+2
#30
I do not support the death penalty...never have and it has nothing to do with my spiritual beliefs.

I have toyed with the idea and at one point thought that it should be used on the most heinous of crimes. Now I say no. They should not be released ever and they should be treated humanely but society needs to be protected from such individuals forever.

The chance of murdering one innocent in error is not justified ever.

Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

i'm in favour of death penalty as long as they are guilty.

so that means that you are against the death penalty, correct?
 

Similar Threads

1
Death penalty for homosexuality .
by china | Nov 22nd, 2012
54
Yay, or Nay... Death Penalty.
by Libra Girl | May 9th, 2007
88
Death Penalty
by westmanguy | Feb 10th, 2007
66
The Death Penalty
by missile | Jun 11th, 2005
67
Death Penalty
by Jay | Jun 6th, 2005
no new posts