Student Allegedly Suspended for Hiding Weapon in His Pocket. That ‘Weapon’? You Proba

Goober
Student Allegedly Suspended for Hiding Weapon in His Pocket. That ‘Weapon’? You Probably Have One on Your Desk Right Now. | TheBlaze.com

Are paperclips dangerous weapons?

Redditors tackled the question over the weekend, after user FatManManFat posted a picture of an alleged disciplinary note to the site on Saturday.

“My friends (sic) little brother got suspended for having a weapon in school,” FatManManFat wrote. “His parents are furious.”

Twila
Maybe they're just trying to maintain the"buy American" agenda and keep their prison system profitable.

Goober
+1
They are off their rockers, running and ruining schools.
Kerist on a crutch but these people should be turfed.
A paper clip.

JLM

Only when they are moving!

eh1eh
So it can't be proven that he was suspended? He was 'allegedly suspended'?
Ya, I think someone needs to go back to grade five and actually learn proper grammar.
The teacher and the author of this article need to be schooled.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Only when they are moving!

Nope- I hold the deadly weaponized paper clip, and grasp your head firmly and thrust it upon the weaponized paper clip.
I then wipe if clean, reform the weaponized clip into the original shape and use papers on the desk to hide the
deweaponized clip.
No way would the coppers would ever notice it.

Well the superhero sleuth, attorney and genius from Miami Vice would, but he would not be there.
Perfect crime I say.

Tecumsehsbones
Yep, parents piss, gripe, moan, and complain to the school board. School board, being a bunch of elected cowards, pass a "zero tolerance" policy. Superintendent tells teachers they'll be fired if they fail to report any infraction, however slight. When the teachers do so, it's their fault.

taxslave
+1
I guessing that all teachers have a paperclip or two in a desk drawer. All of them must now be suspended without pay and investigated for possibly possessing and dealing in prohibited weapons.

Praxius
A paper clip was bent in a way that could be used as a weapon?

It would bend the moment it was put against skin with any form of pressure. The type of grip one would need to use enough force to even scratch someone would mean 95% of the damn thing would be covered by his fist, unless he used his thumb and index finger, which would end up bending and doing nothing, once again.

Friggin morons. They probably made this stink over nothing in order to cover that they asked a kid to empty their pockets.... over nothing, and didn't want to look like idiots.

That didn't work.

Locutus

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

A paper clip was bent in a way that could be used as a weapon?

It would bend the moment it was put against skin with any form of pressure. The type of grip one would need to use enough force to even scratch someone would mean 95% of the damn thing would be covered by his fist, unless he used his thumb and index finger, which would end up bending and doing nothing, once again.

Friggin morons. They probably made this stink over nothing in order to cover that they asked a kid to empty their pockets.... over nothing, and didn't want to look like idiots.

That didn't work.

I have paper clips in my desk that extended out if jammed in a guy's eye would reach the back of his head!- Close to 7" of heavy wire.

Locutus
+1
when our children resort to carrying paper clips, the terrorists have won.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

when our children resort to carrying paper clips, the terrorists have won.

Still preferable to carrying guns! -

Twila
+2
#14  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Nope- I hold the deadly weaponized paper clip, and grasp your head firmly and thrust it upon the weaponized paper clip.
I then wipe if clean, reform the weaponized clip into the original shape and use papers on the desk to hide the
deweaponized clip.
No way would the coppers would ever notice it.

Well the superhero sleuth, attorney and genius from Miami Vice would, but he would not be there.
Perfect crime I say.

Weaponized paperclip! Thats awesome. I have a whole do dad holder full at work. I will never look at them the same again.

Imagine if you could train a africanized bee to weild your weaponized paper clip. You would become more dangerous then James Bond. You'd need a flashy name.

Locutus
+1
I think africanized might be deemed racist by some of the tender folk eh.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

I think africanized might be deemed racist by some of the tender folk eh.

They'll have to take up their offended "sensibility" with the scientists on this one.

petros
Did he have an elastic to fire it?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Did he have an unregistered elastic to fire it?

Shhhhhhhhhhh, the f**king A$$holes in Ottawa will be printing more forms! -

Praxius
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I have paper clips in my desk that extended out if jammed in a guy's eye would reach the back of his head!- Close to 7" of heavy wire.

What do you paperclip with such large paperclips, Suitcases?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

What do you paperclip with such large paperclips, Suitcases?

Sheets of paper. When I grabbed the box I was unlikely aware of the exact size..............#72220. They work so who cares!