Bat-Wielding Dad Hits Teacher Who Texted with Teenage Daughter

Locutus
PERRY HALL, Md. (WBFF) -- Police say the father of a 15-year-old Perry Hall high school student hit her 42-year-old teacher with a baseball bat when he showed up at the family's home Thursday, after numerous text messages between the two were discovered by her parents.

According to police around 3 a.m. Thursday morning the mother of the girl reported numerous text messages were being sent back and forth between her daughter and the teacher. The officer viewed several dozen texts and found that "they described an emotional relationship that seemed inappropriate for a teacher and student," police said. However police said they did not find that a crime had been committed and referred the report to BCoPD's Safe Schools Facilitator and the Crimes Against Children Unit.

At 9:45 a.m. Thursday morning police responded to the girl's home for a report of a disturbance. The girl's father told police that the same teacher showed up at the family's home without permission, saying he wanted to talk. The father told police the teacher refused to leave, at which point he struck the teacher with a baseball bat.

"The victim and the suspect gave slightly different versions of the assault, which did not occur in the presence of the officer," police said.

The teacher sustained minor injuries but said he did not wish to pursue charges, according to police. The officer advised the girl's family of the process for applying for a protective order. The officer told the teacher that he would be arrested if he returned to the family's home.

Police are not releasing the name of the teacher because he has not been charged with the crime. The Crimes Against Children Unit continues to investigate.

Bat-Wielding Dad Hits Teacher Who Texted with Teenage Daughter - WSYX ABC6 - Top Stories (external - login to view)

Nuggler
+1
Yahbutt: He didn't get shot.

Mericans slippin up.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

PERRY HALL, Md. (WBFF) -- Police say the father of a 15-year-old Perry Hall high school student hit her 42-year-old teacher with a baseball bat when he showed up at the family's home Thursday, after numerous text messages between the two were discovered by her parents.
According to police around 3 a.m. Thursday morning the mother of the girl reported numerous text messages were being sent back and forth between her daughter and the teacher. The officer viewed several dozen texts and found that "they described an emotional relationship that seemed inappropriate for a teacher and student," police said. However police said they did not find that a crime had been committed and referred the report to BCoPD's Safe Schools Facilitator and the Crimes Against Children Unit.
At 9:45 a.m. Thursday morning police responded to the girl's home for a report of a disturbance. The girl's father told police that the same teacher showed up at the family's home without permission, saying he wanted to talk. The father told police the teacher refused to leave, at which point he struck the teacher with a baseball bat.
"The victim and the suspect gave slightly different versions of the assault, which did not occur in the presence of the officer," police said.
The teacher sustained minor injuries but said he did not wish to pursue charges, according to police. The officer advised the girl's family of the process...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Next this fifteen year old will run off to be with this dope. This teacher should be fired immediately or at least suspended while a hearing is held........and then fired...

EagleSmack
+3
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Yahbutt: He didn't get shot.

Mericans slippin up.

petros
I hope he didn't ruin his bat. As a dad, I've found that bats break very easily. Sawed off rakes. Not so much.

jjaycee98
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

The teacher sustained minor injuries but said he did not wish to pursue charges, according to police. The officer advised the girl's family of the process...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
If she was 21 and he was 48 it would be thought a good match by some.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by jjaycee98View Post

They are not.
I think the freak got off lucky with only minor injuries.
Do you have daughters?

EagleSmack

And even better match if he was 29 and she was 27....right?

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I hope he didn't ruin his bat. As a dad, I've found that bats break very easily. Sawed off rakes. Not so much.

Right, and then there's the fur, and they could bite - give ya rabies. Little wings tear easily too.

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I've found that bats break very easily. Sawed off rakes. Not so much.

aluminum bats man...remember though, the old rule of thumb was once it stopped going "ping" and started going "squish" you knew to switch spots you were hitting

WLDB
Sounds inappropriate and the teacher should face some consequences but the bat attack was a bit over the top. At this point anyway.

My great grandparents had 30 years between them age wise. Im happy that happened seeing as it led to me being born eventually. Makes no difference to me what the ages of couples are as long as they are both adults.

#juan

If she was 21, she'd be an adult and she could do what she wanted.....within reason....

shadowshiv
That teacher definitely seems like he's hiding something. I wouldn't be surprised that he refused to press charges as he didn't want the police to set their sights on him and discover he's got some rather ugly skeletons in his closet (computer harddrive).