That'll teach the precocious little bastards

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
High school seniors who lit up victory cigars at graduation ceremony kicked off lacrosse team because ‘tobacco is against policy’

This is getting ridiculous!

Two Massachusetts high school athletes have been kicked off their lacrosse team right before championships after being photpgraphed smoking a cigar at graduation.

Beverly High School students Nick Donovan and Dylan Jutras were both suspended from the sport for the rest of the season after the photo of the celebratory smoke appeared in the local paper The Beverly Citizen as part of their graduation coverage.

Despite both being 18, making it legal for them to smoke tobacco, the students were told their decision goes against the strict policies of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA).

Massachusetts seniors who smoked cigars at graduation kicked off lacrosse team | Mail Online

does anybody have fun anymore?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Great title...........really got my attention. They knew the rules. They chose to break them. They pay the price.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Geepers! I was smoking cigars by the time I was in high school and nobody was bothered by it. So sad that kids can't have this type of fun anymore but it's the rules so you gotta go with it. Besides, they are seniors and likely had played their last game before the pic was taken.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Geepers! I was smoking cigars by the time I was in high school and nobody was bothered by it. So sad that kids can't have this type of fun anymore but it's the rules so you gotta go with it. Besides, they are seniors and likely had played their last game before the pic was taken.

Yep. Much rather see a psuedo-classy bit of fun than the ubiquitous guy fawkes masks, idiot flash-mobsters or some clown thinking he's edgy by mooning the audience.

Get cleaned and polished, thank so-and-so for the tube of paper and then walk over to the prettiest teacher and plant one on her. ;-)

[...] ended their highschool lacrosse career...wow. :lol: