How in hell is this even possible????

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Quebec jailbreak: escapees face murder, gangsterism charges

Manhunt after Quebec jailbreak 2:33

The three men who fled Saturday evening from the Orsainville Detention Centre in suburban Quebec City were at the jail awaiting trial for drug-related charges, as well as gangsterism and murder. At least one of them may be connected to the Hells Angels. 11:02 AM ET video

They should make a movie about this....a bloody comedy.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Police are wondering how a helicopter was able to touch down in one of the yards inside the jail’s walls.
“They used an helicopter and we can say the helicopter briefly touched down in one of the courtyards before taking off again with the three prisoners,” said Sgt. Mathieu.
this would be hilarious if it weren't so dangerous

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Quebec jailbreak: escapees face murder, gangsterism charges

Manhunt after Quebec jailbreak 2:33

The three men who fled Saturday evening from the Orsainville Detention Centre in suburban Quebec City were at the jail awaiting trial for drug-related charges, as well as gangsterism and murder. At least one of them may be connected to the Hells Angels. 11:02 AM ET video

They should make a movie about this....a bloody comedy.

Not the first time that has happened. It happened at the max security joint at Agassiz B.C. about 20 years ago. Not sure how many prisoners were involved but he (they) were eventually apprehended on an island in a local lake. Details of the whole incident are vague now.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Not the first time that has happened. It happened at the max security joint at Agassiz B.C. about 20 years ago. Not sure how many prisoners were involved but he (they) were eventually apprehended on an island in a local lake. Details of the whole incident are vague now.
An island in Harrison Lake-those guys were stupid they didn't run nearly fast & far enough.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Actually, I think the bad guys did watch it. The good guys apparently did not as they did not see it coming.
ah, well, who could possibly land a helicopter in a prison yard, aide an escape and fly away...nobody....just a thing of fiction

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Maybe some heavy wire mesh over the whole joint would preclude incidents like this, or at least reduce the chances!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Maybe some heavy wire mesh over the whole joint would preclude incidents like this, or at least reduce the chances!

If they never let the criminals out of the cells, this could not happen. Keep them shackled to the walls the whole time and even less issues.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If they never let the criminals out of the cells, this could not happen. Keep them shackled to the walls the whole time and even less issues.

Maybe I'm too soft or too optimistic. There are no doubt some prisoners who have to be treated as you describe, but I believe 95% of them have the potential to be better people and at some point you have to start a transition toward a normal life on the "outside". I'm not sure the accuracy of this statement but I have heard in the U.S. system, 12% of all those incarcerated are completely innocent of the crime they were convicted for. (Now that is not to say they weren't guilty of other nefarious behaviour! -:) )

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Maybe I'm too soft or too optimistic. There are no doubt some prisoners who have to be treated as you describe, but I believe 95% of them have the potential to be better people and at some point you have to start a transition toward a normal life on the "outside". I'm not sure the accuracy of this statement but I have heard in the U.S. system, 12% of all those incarcerated are completely innocent of the crime they were convicted for. (Now that is not to say they weren't guilty of other nefarious behaviour! -:) )

I should have made it in purple. I was speaking tongue in cheek. But anti-aircraft guns on the perimeter may also work.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I should have made it in purple. I was speaking tongue in cheek. But anti-aircraft guns on the perimeter may also work.

I suppose I should have twigged on to that, but there are lots of people who do think as you suggested "tongue in cheek"- mainly those born with a "silver (or platinum) spoon in their mouths" and think that anyone lesser is just riff raff.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
next time they ought to hire an able lookout like Trooper Vanderbilt:

he'll keep the peace!