Police lock down Dartmouth industrial park after reports of gunman

gerryh
Here we go, another one. What the hell are you east coasters doin?

TORONTO/HALIFAX Halifax Regional Police have locked down an industrial area in Dartmouth after receiving reports of a man with a gun.
Authorities say they received a call at about 11:36 a.m. local time alerting them to the presence of a man on the roof of a business in the area of Burnside Industrial Park, allegedly armed with a rifle.
As of 3:10 p.m. local time, police say they have not been able to confirm reports of the gunman.
Halifax Regional Police have arrested and released two men while clearing the area.
One of the men is reported to have hopped a fence at the scene after hearing about the investigation on social media. No charges are expected against either of the men.
There is currently a heavy police presence in the area

Police say no sign of gunman at Dartmouth industrial park | Globalnews.ca (external - login to view)

B00Mer
OMG!! Not this again...

Praxius
I worked several years in Burnside. Raddall Ave. For two jobs and Ilsley Ave. for another before I left for Aus.

Did they say where in Burnside? The industrial park is rather large.

SLM
Weird but at lunch on Friday my co-worker said to me "Sometimes the worst thing that happens (referring to the RCMP killings) is the copycats." And I said "Nah!"

Praxius
Nova Scotia, Atlantic Business Parks: Burnside Park business park information. (external - login to view)

"Burnside Business Park is the largest business park north of Boston and east of Montreal. It is home to more than 1400 enterprises, employing approximately 17,000 people."

no new posts