The REAL War On Women

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
So, you are condoning the actions that were posted in the OP?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A disturbing poll shows that 31% of BRITISH Muslims think that any British Muslim who converts from Islam to another religion should be sentenced to death, as has happeed to Meriam Ibrahim, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan whilst pregnant for converting from Islam to Christianity.

It'll not be long before such laws are put in place here, "cos it's their relijun, innit?" We'll soon have Christian or Jewish former Muslims being beheaded in front of Bolton town hall in front of a baying Islamic crowd.

And I ain't being sarcastic.....

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The REAL War On Women

A war on women? Don't be silly. That woman in Pakistan wasn't sentenced to death for being a woman. She was sentenced to death for being a Christian.

It'd help greatly if you read the article first.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
you seriously think I am opening all of those links, reading them and then trying to piece together what you have concluded...ain't gonna happen

All a matter of degree. In wally's mind since women in the west are not murdered on a regular basis denying them basic rights isn't as bad.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
All a matter of degree. In wally's mind since women in the west are not murdered on a regular basis denying them basic rights isn't as bad.
I simply do not understand why someone would post links, and walk away....*shrug*

oh well...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Once again, the logic is "If there are other places more horrible to women than we are, that means we must be perfect. Nothing to see here. Go home and get in the kitchen."

In logic, this is called the "red herring."

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Once again, the logic is "If there are other places more horrible to women than we are, that means we must be perfect. Nothing to see here. Go home and get in the kitchen."

In logic, this is called the "red herring."

It's not a red herring (can't believe I'm defending wally). He's pointing out what should be the obvious. He's pointing out where the real problem is.

How many of you actually know the stats for abuse period in North America? Do you all realize that women are not really abused any more than men or children? Abuse is genderless. Until we start looking at it that way, and stop pointing fingers at one gender or the other, it's not going to go away here, and if we really want to make a dent in it when it comes to gender bias and abuse on a global basis, we need to do more than just look, rant, sigh, and then crawl into our cozy beds.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's not a red herring (can't believe I'm defending wally). He's pointing out what should be the obvious. He's pointing out where the real problem is.

How many of you actually know the stats for abuse period in North America?
I do. I've read the excellent study by Dr. James Fox of Northeastern University. You might want to do the same.

Do you all realize that women are not really abused any more than men or children? Abuse is genderless. Until we start looking at it that way, and stop pointing fingers at one gender or the other, it's not going to go away here, and if we really want to make a dent in it when it comes to gender bias and abuse on a global basis, we need to do more than just look, rant, sigh, and then crawl into our cozy beds.
If you think that gender bias and abuse in North America doesn't exist, I'd say you're already tucked in your cozy bed.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Say it as loud and as often as you like. I'm well aware that you are completely closed to new information or interpretations. But saying that abuse of women, abuse of men, abuse of partners, abuse of children, are all the same because they're all abuse is like saying that measles, whooping cough, mumps, and cholera are all the same because they're all diseases.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Say it as loud and as often as you like. I'm well aware that you are completely closed to new information or interpretations. But saying that abuse of women, abuse of men, abuse of partners, abuse of children, are all the same because they're all abuse is like saying that measles, whooping cough, mumps, and cholera are all the same because they're all diseases.

You would have disease sufferers go to specialized hospitals? As far as I know they would all walk into the same ER.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Your "interpretation" is not "new". It is the way it has been looked at for ages. It's men against women. It's non productive. It's antagonistic.