Americans pleased that Canadians are just as f*cked up as they are

gerryh
+1
The news that Toronto mayor Rob Ford is a crack-smoking douchebag made international headlines this week, which brought to light the status of cross-border perceptions between friendly neighbours Canada and the US.
“It’s refreshing to know that friendly ol’ Canada isn’t so peaceful and innocent up there,” said William Lehman of Seattle, Washington. “Everybody knows [America] is home to a ton of bat-****, gun-crazy, dumbbells, but it isn’t very day you hear these kind of stories coming out of Canada.”
Professor Geoffrey Arnold of Devil’s Tower University in Wyoming says that the perception of Canadians by his countrymen is likely to change from one of Inuit communities carved from the winterscape to that of a more familiar ghetto-style way of life reminiscent of many US towns.
“Not since New York mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner posted a picture of his pecker on the Internet have we had such a scandal to occupy our attention,” says Arnold. “And this time, people are saying, ‘Hey! It’s not us this time!’”
Generally, says Arnold, Americans know very little about Canada.
“People know they play hockey and something-or-other about their beer, but beyond that . . . not much else.”
“Oh—and of course The Calgary Stampede is the place to be if you wanna’ get laid by tramps and man-****s in July,” added Arnold. “Everybody knows that.”

urbananomie.com/2013/11/08/am...p-as-they-are/ (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
It's true. I drew great comfort from that bus video, showing you have your fair share of the trash, and nice cowardly bystanders too.

Spade
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

It's true. I drew great comfort from that bus video, showing you have your fair share of the trash, and nice cowardly bystanders too.

Jesus, man, the women fighting on the bus could have had measles!

Twila
+2
We can, finally, undo the top button on our jeans.

gerryh
An Alberta newspaper reported on Monday that a missile fired from the mountains near the town of Blairmore hit an Anti-Dairy Force (ADF) controlled missile base in southeastern B.C.
The news agency quoted eyewitnesses who said “hundreds” were incinerated or injured, and that the majority of the military installation was destroyed.
On Thursday, the Gluten Free Militia (GFM) reported that ADF Air Force tactical drones circled over the Crowsnest Pass region, and officials feared that an attack on cottage cheese production facilities was imminent. The facilities are critical to gluten-free supporters, many of whom require the low-fat protein for breakfast.
The Canadian Observatory for Dietary Rights confirmed a blast in one of the ADF’s missile bases, and confirmed 91 casualties.
Last week, sources reported that the ADF bombed a garbanzo bean shipment destined for Calgary, and officials say this latest strike escalates tensions between the two factions.
More as it develops.

91 dead, hundreds wounded as the Gluten-Free Militia launches pre-emptive strike on Anti-Dairy Forces - Urban Anomie (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

35 million Canadians exhaling simultaneously. Probably screw up the weather patterns down to Georgia!

Spade
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

An Alberta newspaper reported on Monday that a missile fired from the mountains near the town of Blairmore hit an Anti-Dairy Force (ADF) controlled missile base in southeastern B.C.
The news agency quoted eyewitnesses who said “hundreds” were incinerated or injured, and that the majority of the military installation was destroyed.
On Thursday, the Gluten Free Militia (GFM) reported that ADF Air Force tactical drones circled over the Crowsnest Pass region, and officials feared that an attack on cottage cheese production facilities was imminent. The facilities are critical to gluten-free supporters, many of whom require the low-fat protein for breakfast.
The Canadian Observatory for Dietary Rights confirmed a blast in one of the ADF’s missile bases, and confirmed 91 casualties.
Last week, sources reported that the ADF bombed a garbanzo bean shipment destined for Calgary, and officials say this latest strike escalates tensions between the two factions.
More as it develops.
91 dead, hundreds wounded as the Gluten-Free Militia launches pre-emptive strike on Anti-Dairy Forces - Urban Anomie

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Jeepers, Gerry, that ain't news; it's BC.
Meanwhile, in the USA, only one person in six knows where the Ukraine is. Many placed it off the coast of Portugal.
-Washington Post
I bet, two in six Canadians know it is part of Indonesia.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Jeepers, Gerry, that ain't news; it's BC.
Meanwhile, in the USA, only one person in six knows where the Ukraine is. Many placed it off the coast of Portugal.
-Washington Post
I bet, two in six Canadians know it is part of Indonesia.

How many in six know it's Ukraine, not "the" Ukraine?

Spade
Sorry, I'm old school for naming the Borderland.

Tecumsehsbones

Sorry, I'm old school for naming the Borderland.

Do you still call Lebanon "the Levant?" Now THAT would be old school.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

More as it develops.
91 dead, hundreds wounded as the Gluten-Free Militia launches pre-emptive strike on Anti-Dairy Forces - Urban Anomie (external - login to view)

Rumor has it that no air attack took place - False flag -
Rumor also confirmed it was an inside attack. The big breakout.

Spade
Mind you, without the "the" it has the whiff of country, rather than region.

Do you still call Lebanon "the Levant?" Now THAT would be old school.

Nope, call it the Lebanon.

Praxius
+1

We aim to please.

We're human just like everybody else.

If you want to know more about Canadian Culture, may I recommend a Documentary called "Trailer Park Boys"

Best of Trailer Park Boys - YouTube

All filmed a hop, skip and a jump away from where I lived for over a decade.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

We aim to please.

We're human just like everybody else.

If you want to know more about Canadian Culture, may I recommend a Documentary called "Trailer Park Boys"

Best of Trailer Park Boys - YouTube

All filmed a hop, skip and a jump away from where I lived for over a decade.

Seen Trailer Park Boys. By the way, trying for a little humour with my remark. Seems like I hit the target, too. VERY little humour. Hope I didn't upset nobody. In my experience, Canadians as a people're nicer than Americans. Everybody's got their trash.

Twila

I don`t think they were cowardly bystanders...I think they were enjoying the fight and routing for the mom giving to the loud mouth free loader.

Kreskin
+1

Seen Trailer Park Boys. By the way, trying for a little humour with my remark. Seems like I hit the target, too. VERY little humour. Hope I didn't upset nobody. In my experience, Canadians as a people're nicer than Americans. Everybody's got their trash.

When you get past all the politics Americans are awesome. I always have great experiences when I go to the US.

eh1eh
+3
#17  Top Rated Post

Jesus, man, the women fighting on the bus could have had measles!

Ya but at least she's not autistic.

Nope, straight to jammy pants for me.

SLM
+2

Finally????

Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Oh yeah baby, now that's what I'm talking about.

Lol

Praxius

I got the humor don't worry.... I love the TPB's.

Ricky for Prime Minister!!

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Ya but at least she's not autistic.

Jammy pants? I'd have guessed no pants.

Tecumsehsbones

Jammy pants? I'd have guessed no pants.

Will eh1h plead kilty or not kilty?

tay
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!...........

Twila

Will eh1h plead kilty or not kilty?

if kilty, I`ll need picture proof for my...file..yeah..file.

taxslave
+1
We have always had our share of raving loons. Just that the US media is obsessed with holltwierd types instead of the truly crazy. Just look at the history of BC politics.

Toro
+1
The number of times anybody has mentioned a Canadian politician to me before Rob Ford since I moved to America 17 years ago: 0
The number of times anybody has mentioned a Canadian politician to me since: >0