Robots to Grade English Essays in Britain (and AB, BC?)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
People are becoming redundant. Robotics are putting millions of people out of work so the rich can get richer and pay less for their coffee (etc.). Expect a cull (if one has not already begun.)

If students were machines, the world would be perfect! Wouldn't have to worry about oil spills!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Robots to Grade English Essays in Britain

I thought that was already the case. Our schools are already populated by liberal, feminist, PC teacher robots who shamelessly mark down white boys in exams.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I thought that was already the case. Our schools are already populated by liberal, feminist, PC teacher robots who shamelessly mark down white boys in exams.

Oh no, all the evils of society! Run!

But (oops, -1 for starting a sentence with But) honestly, having robots grade papers? Not good because there's more to a grade, at least to me, than just a simple letter or number. Or at least there should be.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I can't wait for the day when Robots do all the work, the 1% make all the money and everyone else collects welfare........

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
But (oops, -1 for starting a sentence with But) honestly, having robots grade papers? Not good because there's more to a grade, at least to me, than just a simple letter or number. Or at least there should be.

Obviously you weren't at school that long ago, because if you were your English teacher would have been a proper English tecaher and would have rightly taught you that you should never start a sentence with a conjunction in the rich language of England".

You obviously went to one of those schools with the modern breed of Guardianista teacher who thinks that the teaching of grammar isn't important. That's why kids today leave school knowing sod all.

It's things like this why our schools need to be cleaned up of the lefty, PC, Elf N Safety-obsessed teachers which dominate Western schools today and proper teachers sent back into the classrooms. Our kids leave school knowing sod all about English grammar and maths and everything about "diversity", "equality" and "always wear goggles when playing conkers".

It's no wonder education in the West is lagging behind that in the Far East when we have your lot teaching in them.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Is this the reason you have attributed for your poor marks at school? I could offer alternative explanations but I doubt you would be interested.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Obviously you weren't at school that long ago, because if you were your English teacher would have been a proper English tecaher and would have rightly taught you that you should never start a sentence with a conjunction in the rich language of England".

You obviously went to one of those schools with the modern breed of Guardianista teacher who thinks that the teaching of grammar isn't important. That's why kids today leave school knowing sod all.

It's things like this why our schools need to be cleaned up of the lefty, PC, Elf N Safety-obsessed teachers which dominate Western schools today and proper teachers sent back into the classrooms. Our kids leave school knowing sod all about English grammar and maths and everything about "diversity", "equality" and "always wear goggles when playing conkers".

It's no wonder education in the West is lagging behind that in the Far East when we have your lot teaching in them.

Oh brother.

Obviously the teacher knew enough to pass on to me, that I realized that normally sentences don't start with But. If I cared enough I would have avoided doing so but in all honesty I don't. Unless I was writing a paper or something else important, I write how I speak and quite often sentences start with "But". Don't like it, too bad, but don't blame my teachers for it.

You do realize, too, that making assumptions about people and situations just makes you look like the idiot troll you are?

Sadly, I do agree with you that "proper teaching" needs to be done in the classroom and it's sad that this isn't happening. But then I believe the entire education system is fked anyway and if I had a child of age to be in it, well, they wouldn't be.