7 dead in California drive-by shootings

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
(CNN) -- Seven people, including a suspected gunman, died in drive-by shootings Friday night in a small Southern California college town, a rampage that authorities believe to be "premeditated," Santa Barbara County sheriff's deputies said Saturday.

The shootings occurred in Isla Vista near the University of California-Santa Barbara. Seven people also were being treated in a hospital for gunshot wounds or traumatic injuries, including at least one who was in surgery, said sheriff's office spokeswoman Kelly Hoover.

"The sheriff's office has obtained and is currently analyzing written and video evidence that suggests this was a premeditated mass murder," Hoover said.

The violence began and ended within minutes, from 9:27 p.m. when shots were reported to around 10 minutes later when police discovered the body of the suspected gunman, CNN affiliate KEYT-TV said.
"Sheriff's deputies responded and found several victims suffering from gunshot wounds. As sheriff's deputies were attending to the victims and performing first aid, they were also receiving suspect information. Only minutes later, there were additional reports of shots fired in several other areas of Isla Vista," Hoover said.

KEYT reported that "witnesses described seeing a black BMW speeding through the streets, spraying bullets at people and various targets." Six minutes after the first emergency call, the suspected gunman traded fire with sheriff's deputies, and the vehicle plowed into a parked vehicle, Hoover said.
The suspected gunman was found dead from an apparent gunshot wound, she said, adding that it wasn't clear whether the death was self-inflicted or whether deputies killed the suspected gunman. A semiautomatic handgun was recovered, she said.

It appears the suspect acted alone, Hoover said.

"This is a very active and complex investigation involving approximately nine different crime scenes," she said.

Santa Barbara Sheriff Bill Brown called the suspect "severely mentally disturbed," according to KEYT.
Authorities searching for a motive were looking into a video posted on social media that contains a man's tirade against women who supposedly rebuffed him, Brown told the station. Hoover said the suspect has been preliminarily identified but his name won't be released until "a positive identification is made."

The identities of the victims won't be released until the next of kin are notified, she said.

7 dead in Calif. drive-by shootings called 'premeditated mass murder' - CNN.com

bonus video (before it's taken down)

Elliot Rodger's Retribution - YouTube

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Perhaps the girls didn't like him because he was nuts. He certainly was cute enough so it must have been his talk about slaying them which was the turnoff.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Do BMW's even come with turn signals or is that an option............?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
jesus... for all the dough this dufus spent on cars and guns he could have easily got a few hookers to make his dreams come true.

what a moronic idiot

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
one of the comments made under one of the videos is accurate, his voice has little emotion

when I watched the first video it was like viewing a really bad actor in a really bad movie, I couldn't get any energy from him at all... I just kept staring at him waiting for it to have an effect on me...it did not...I don't know if he's on meds but that was an incredibly strange experience watching the video with him predicting the murders to come and in the background people's lives continue on, just steps away

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
"severely mentally disturbed" Really??

A gun should only be used for self defense, target practise (sport) and hunting for food... no other reason for a gun, unless you're a thug.

Glad the little **** is dead... I'm sure his Boy Friend will miss him. Friggin queer. The C0ck lips say it all.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Very interesting comments by young people under the videos

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

apparently his family contacted police last week when they became concerned about his postings speaking about suicide and killing others

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
he's a good looking kid from a privileged home with a childhood he remembers as being wonderful

it's all quite odd.

It happens. Some grow up on the streets in poverty but go on to be excellent people as adults. Some people are just screwed up no matter what their background is.

I'm sure his Boy Friend will miss him. Friggin queer. The C0ck lips say it all.

wtf? Random and irrelevant.