Abortion -The poll is not based upon Religious belief - It is based ethics

Abotion

• Total voters

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Abortion
Canada as it stands has no restrictions on abortion. None. Yet the majority of Canadians support some restrictions on abortion.

The poll is not based upon Religious belief - It is based upon your personal ethics
The Cons cannot bring it forwards- Reasons are clear- a secret agenda.

Trudeau has effectively supported all the types of abortion listed as a woman's right.

Sex selection - Legal

Over 6 months - Legal

Over 7 months - Legal

Aborting a twin based upon economics - Legal

Abortion at any time past 7 months - Legal

This poll is public.

Oh yes- Those that are Pro Abortion - Plenty of choices- come on, step up to the plate of standing by your convictions.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Re: Abortion -Canada as it stands has no restrictions on abortion. None. Yet the majo

what poll?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Re: Abortion -Canada as it stands has no restrictions on abortion. None. Yet the majo

There are some exceptions as well as there should be restrictions.
Sex selection is almost like having a cosmetic attitude toward the
practice.
After six or seven months a person should have been able to make up
their mind and remember this period of time is sometimes an emotional
mind field.
There should be some exceptions though for health and related reasons
The right to die should also be granted with restrictions to be sure the right
decision is being made for the right reasons.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

it is now, wasn't when I posted.

I was slow with the poll and I missed one.
Know I know the thread posts before the poll is completed.

There are some exceptions as well as there should be restrictions.
Sex selection is almost like having a cosmetic attitude toward the
practice.
After six or seven months a person should have been able to make up
their mind and remember this period of time is sometimes an emotional
mind field.
There should be some exceptions though for health and related reasons
The right to die should also be granted with restrictions to be sure the right
decision is being made for the right reasons.

The point is the majority of Canadian support some restrictions.
Yet the Parties - Trudeau in particular has played this card. He mad a a dumb political play. It will bite him.
Look at what I posted. All babies healthy, yet he supports all of them except some restrictions.
The Cons are now preparing the questions for Liberals ( future lapdog) (much like we have with Harper) that signed off on that pledge to be a lapdog when it comes to matters of conscience.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

The point is the majority of Canadian support some restrictions.
Yet the Parties - Trudeau in particular has played this card. He mad a a dumb political play. It will bite him.
Look at what I posted. All babies healthy, yet he supports all of them except some restrictions.
The Cons are now preparing the questions for Liberals ( future lapdog) (much like we have with Harper) that signed off on that pledge to be a lapdog when it comes to matters of conscience.
It is a matter of conscience for the one having the abortion. It is nobody else's business.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

It is a matter of conscience for the one having the abortion. It is nobody else's business.
Then why do I have to pay ?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Then why do I have to pay ?
You don't pay anything. That is the dumbest argument.. You pay taxes. Once paid, it is not your money (not that it ever was in the first place. It was only on loan to you by the bankers.)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

So I am assuming the No vote means "No it should not be allowed" as opposed to "No, there should not be restrictions". A more clearly worded poll may have been better.

Anyways, no restrictions before 20 - 22 weeks, after that only health of the mother. I am against gender selection as criteria but this would be unenforceable.

This is my only foray into this thread as this will likely degenerate quickly.

And do we really need ANOTHER abortion thread?

Also, I think it clear why Harper does not address this. It is a highly divisive issue and there is no upside to either position politically. Justine more than likely sunk himself in the long run unless Harper takes the bait (which he won't).

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

You don't pay anything. That is the dumbest argument.. You pay taxes. Once paid, it is not your money (not that it ever was in the first place. It was only on loan to you by the bankers.)

I pay for my own dental care/ dentures which are needed to eat, I pay for my own acupuncture which is better for pain than bloody pills...and the only thing I get is a tax deduction.....
I don't see why people couldn't pay for their own damned abortion if not medically needed to save their life!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Healthcare is a Provincial matter. Medical associations, basically those understand the complexities of health and patient care, decide what services are delivered. That's the way it should be.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

Abortion
Canada as it stands has no restrictions on abortion. None. Yet the majority of Canadians support some restrictions on abortion.

The Cons cannot bring it forwards- Reasons are clear- a secret agenda.

Trudeau has effectively supported all the types of abortion listed as a woman's right.

Sex selection - Legal

Over 6 months - Legal

Over 7 months - Legal

Aborting a twin based upon economics - Legal

Abortion at any time past 7 months - Legal

This poll is public.

Oh yes- Those that are Pro Abortion - Plenty of choices- come on, step up to the plate of standing by your convictions.

This is just social conservative stupidity.

Late term abortion simply isn't an issue in Canada. No doctor in Canada will perform an abortion after 24 weeks. Very very few will do it after 20 weeks, and that is normally only in cases where a major health issue has arisen.

When it comes to sex selection or economic reasons why someone would have an abortion, there really is no way to legislate subjective reasons why people would want to have an abortion.

They can make it illegal to tell parents the sex of a baby before they are born, but people who really want to find out will be able to find people willing to tell them. Ultrasounds are necessary for other reasons, so we can't ban those.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

This is just social conservative stupidity.

Late term abortion simply isn't an issue in Canada. No doctor in Canada will perform an abortion after 24 months. Very very few will do it after 20 months, and that is normally only in cases where a major health issue has arisen.

When it comes to sex selection or economic reasons why someone would have an abortion, there really is no way to legislate subjective reasons why people would want to have an abortion.

They can make it illegal to tell parents the sex of a baby before they are born, but people who really want to find out will be able to find people willing to tell them. Ultrasounds are necessary for other reasons, so we can't ban those.
After 24 months it is referred to as murder??

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

I pay for my own dental care/ dentures which are needed to eat, I pay for my own acupuncture which is better for pain than bloody pills...and the only thing I get is a tax deduction.....
I don't see why people couldn't pay for their own damned abortion if not medically needed to save their life!

You have a whole host of comprehensive medical services available to you through your provincial insurance. If you choose to use them or not is your own decision.

The fact is that having abortions freely available saves us money. An unwanted pregnancy can be an extremely emotional and stressful issue, and when there were barriers to abortion it lead to a lot of people doing very rash and harmful things to try to end their pregnancy. These have costs way beyond the few hundred bucks that it costs for an abortion.

After 24 months it is referred to as murder??

Lol, weeks, months.... not a big difference, right?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

You have a whole host of comprehensive medical services available to you through your provincial insurance. If you choose to use them or not is your own decision.

The fact is that having abortions freely available saves us money. An unwanted pregnancy can be an extremely emotional and stressful issue, and when there were barriers to abortion it lead to a lot of people doing very rash and harmful things to try to end their pregnancy. These have costs way beyond the few hundred bucks that it costs for an abortion.

Lol, weeks, months.... not a big difference, right?

Opps sorry for the red.
24 Months had some fun.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Wrong!!
The province does not pay for dental services or dentures and will only pay for a select number of acupuncture treatments usually given by a poorly trained technician at the hospital
So don't try that bullshyte with me....I've been there...

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Not to those that support murder.

You do realize you will be a Prickly Curmudgeon for the rest of your life don't you?

It's time to let it go Indy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

You do realize you will be a Prickly Curmudgeon for the rest if your life don't you?

It's time to let it go Indy.

As I stated it is an ethics question.
You support very late term abortions?
Sex selective abortions?
Would you also support crowning abortions as is practiced in China?