First Nations girl chooses traditional medicine over chemo

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
First Nations girl chooses traditional medicine over chemo

Makayla Sault is only 10 years old, but has already had to make life and death decisions.
She and her parents, Ken and Sonya Sault, have decided to forgo chemotherapy and instead use traditional medicine to fight leukemia.
Visit CBC Aboriginal
“I am writing this letter to tell you that this chemo is killing my body and I cannot take it anymore,”she wrote to her doctors at the McMaster Children’s Hospital in Hamilton.
Makayla was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in January. Her doctors told her family that she would have a 75 per cent chance of survival if she continued treatment. If not, they warned that her situation could become dire.
“They basically said she would have 100 per cent relapse and she would die if we discontinued chemotherapy. And that going the route of traditional medicine has zero per cent success rate,” said Sonya Sault.
The hospital has referred Makayla’s case to the Children’s Aid Society, sparking fears that she may be apprehended and forced back into treatment.

“We just felt so scared that they could actually come in and remove our children from a home where we are loving them and caring for them and we want what’s best for them,” said Sonya Sault.

The Saults are from the New Credit First Nation near Caledonia, Ont. Their chief and council are supporting the family’s decision.
“We’re not going to allow any other agency to come in and apprehend our children. We went through that in the '40s and '50s and we’re not going to allow that again,” said Chief Bryan Laforme.
The Saults said their community has also created a group called the "Makayla defence force," a group of hundreds of community members ready to act if Children's Aid attempts toapprehend her.
“If someone does try to take Makayla away we are assured 100 per cent that people will be there to stop apprehension," said Sonya Sault. "People know the consequences and they’re willing to stand in and protect her at all costs.… If that’s what it comes down to, they need to be physical. We’re going to do what it takes to make sure that our daughter is protected.”
The Children’s Aid Society says it has a good working relationship with the New Credit First Nation and hopes to find a compromise. However, if a child is deemed to be in imminent danger, the society can act to remove a child.
“Obviously, we try to bring kids into care with the knowledge and consent of the chief and council. But there are situations when we are allowed to do what we need to do to save a child’s life.” said Andrew Koster, executive director of the Children’s Aid Society of Brant.
During the 11 weeks of chemotherapy, Makayla experienced severe side-effects that landed her in the intensive care unit.
“It's a mother's worst nightmare.… I remember I would just watch her, and listening to her pray, ‘Oh, God. Come and get me, come and take me from here.’ She said, ‘Mom, [it’s] not the leukemia but it is the chemo that is going to kill me.'”
After Makayla said she had a spiritual encounter in her hospital room, she begged her parents not to make her return.
“I know that what I have can kill me but … Jesus came into my room and told me not to be afraid, so if I live or if I die, I am not afraid.”
The Saults won’t elaborate on the exact medicine Makayla is using but they feel it is already working.
“There are people in our community who have been on traditional medicines and are well today and are thriving. We know that our traditional medicines work. We know that our daughter is going to be OK.” says Sonya Sault.
The Children’s Aid Society is hoping to schedule a meeting with the family next week to discuss a possible compromise.
In 2008, a Hamilton boy was taken into care after he and his family refused chemotherapy for leukemia.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/first-nations-girl-chooses-traditional-medicine-over-chemo-091420815.html

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I wonder what kinds of treatment they'll give her. I hope for her sake it works. I hope she doesn't become some political tool.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The new shamanism is so prevalent right now, and real science is in such popular disrepute (look at the scams of AGW or 'genetic homosexuality'.. or modern cosmology)... that it seems probable that the government will allow the child to go to a witch doctor.. where her chances of survival are almost zero.. than to that of scientific medicine where her chances are 75%. It's a case that screams for government intervention in the interests of the child against an abusive or incompetent guardian.

Chemotherapy is a grueling ordeal.. but this is what they've come up with as a replacement... (from Macbeth - Wm Shakespeare)

1 W[SIZE=-2]ITCH. [/SIZE] Round about the caldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!
A[SIZE=-2]LL. [/SIZE] Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.

2 W[SIZE=-2]ITCH. [/SIZE] Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

3 W[SIZE=-2]ITCH. [/SIZE] Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf;
Witches' mummy; maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark;
Root of hemlock digg'd i the dark;
Liver of blaspheming Jew;
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse;
Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips;
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,—
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingrediants of our caldron.

2 W[SIZE=-2]ITCH. [/SIZE] Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good

Good Luck Makayla. :roll:

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I wonder what kinds of treatment they'll give her. I hope for her sake it works. I hope she doesn't become some political tool.

I don't think she could refuse chemo without her parents consent, so she might already be a political tool when things go down the sink. Poor wee thing. Either way she's not got a bright future.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I would take traditional native medicine of chemical poisons any day. More people die from chemo than from cancer. Best cancer cure is cannabis oil. Pharmaceutical companies make billions off deadly chemicals and people are so brainwashed they keep going back for more.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

They'll pull out demon worms and blame the leukemia on somebody doing medicine against the child.

I would take traditional native medicine of chemical poisons any day. More people die from chemo than from cancer. Best cancer cure is cannabis oil.

I bet you would poison yourself with native medicine.

Where the f-cked did you come up with the BS of cannabis oil curing cancer? YouTube?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
They'll pull out demon worms and blame the leukemia on somebody doing medicine against the child.

I bet you would poison yourself with native medicine.

Where the f-cked did you come up with the BS of cannabis oil curing cancer? YouTube?

Might be the same place you came up with demon worms...

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
“We’re not going to allow any other agency to come in and apprehend our
children. We went through that in the '40s and '50s and we’re not going to allow
that again,” said Chief Bryan Laforme.
The Saults said their community has also created a group called the "Makayla defence force," a group of hundreds of community members ready to act if Children's Aid attempts toapprehend her.
“If someone does try to take Makayla away we are assured 100 per cent
that people will be there to stop apprehension,"

So the tribal leadership going to hold this little girl hostage.. as a human shield more or less.. make her a martyr.. to further aboriginal 'victim' grievances and stoke political resentment.

Brave warriors indeed.. Sitting Bull must be turning in his grave.. at the sorry state of Sioux (or Objiway) tribal honour today.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Might be the same place you came up with demon worms...

The demon worms came from a native healer claiming to have pulled out demon worms from a friend and yet for some odd reason she died of cancer at age 36.

My brother in law's sister died three weeks ago after her homopathetic hubby let her die using herbs and unicorn sweat to cure her cancer.

Great stuff the moonbeam meds.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I would take traditional native medicine of chemical poisons any day. More people die from chemo than from cancer. Best cancer cure is cannabis oil. Pharmaceutical companies make billions off deadly chemicals and people are so brainwashed they keep going back for more.

Could you provide me with the link for the benefits of cannibis oil on cancer? thanks.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well the chemo is hurting her and chemo is dangerous but that is how deadly the cancer is in her body.

But no native ceremony or herbs will save her.

I wish her well.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
At least its not being forced on her by her parents. Probably not the best decision to make but it is hers.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
At least its not being forced on her by her parents. Probably not the best decision to make but it is hers.

I am not so sure WLDB. I am fairly certain that she was influenced.

She has a 75% chance of survival on chemo and 0% chance without it. Smart parents.

I hope they give her something for the pain towards the end.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Influenced for sure, forced Im not so sure. Usually when that happens you never hear anything out of the kid one way or another.

And I feel for her and the parents. I can't imagine being in their shoes.

I give to St. Jude's all the time and hope that I will be spared the same agony.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I just found out two days ago my little bro has glioma. He smokes a quarter of weed a day so pot can be ruled out as a miracle herb.

I am not so sure WLDB. I am fairly certain that she was influenced.

She has a 75% chance of survival on chemo and 0% chance without it. Smart parents.

I hope they give her something for the pain towards the end.

If chemo was working and she opted out, it can't be a sound decision. Pain is horrible to live with but not horrible enough to choose death.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I just found out two days ago my little bro has glioma. He smokes a quarter of weed a day so pot can be ruled out as a miracle herb.

Sorry about your brother Petros.

I understand and support people who want to get high but to say that weed is a cure-all for everything that ails you is ridiculous.

If chemo was working and she opted out, it can't be a sound decision. Pain is horrible to live with but not horrible enough to choose death.

75% chance aren't bad odds. They aren't great but they're better than 0%.

I am torn. Take her and give her a chance at life or let her be and perhaps that will send a message to the "tribe" that their ignorant decision cost a little girl her life.