Calgary Man, Charged After Cat, Dog Found With Muzzles Bound Shut

Locutus
CALGARY - Investigators say a man used Kijiji to find pets that he methodically abused and then dumped in an alley with their mouths taped shut.

The Calgary Humane Society began investigating Jan. 9 when a starved dog was found dead with tape around its muzzle. A dead cat was found in the same area a week later with green painter's tape covering most of its face.

An examination at a veterinarian's office determined the dog suffered chronic malnourishment before its death. The cat had been strangled and had injuries to its head, tail and hind limbs.

"On the face of it this appears to be intentional cruelty and not the average abuse-type case where someone gets really mad at an animal for house soiling or something and loses their temper," Brad Nichols, manager of cruelty investigations for the humane society, said Monday.

"This was methodical. It was chronic and ended in the animals' deaths."

more

Nicolino Ivano Camardi, Calgary Man, Charged After Cat, Dog Found With Muzzles Bound Shut (external - login to view)

this guy should die in a fire

QuebecCanadian
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
This guy should be starved to death! He'll get a slap on the wrist because they were animals but someone who can do something like that needs to be removed from society!....and how sad is it that there is an "average abuse type"?

SLM
I really wish law enforcement would/could take individuals like this as the scary and dangerous people that they are. To maim and mutilate anything that's living is a sign of a really sick mind.

It's called the Humane Society not because animals are human but because we are and we should behave in a humane manner.

Quote: Originally Posted by QuebecCanadianView Post

.and how sad is it that there is an "average abuse type"?

That's incredibly sad and more than a little scary.

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I really wish law enforcement would/could take individuals like this as the scary and dangerous people that they are. To maim and mutilate anything that's living is a sign of a really sick mind.

They have published his name and photo.... Buddy will be getting heavy doses of vigilante justice doled-out for a long time to come.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

They have published his name and photo.... Buddy will be getting heavy doses of vigilante justice doled-out for a long time to come.

Generally the only kind that fits the crime.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

I'd be more comfortable knowing an official eye was being kept on him. Which would happen if they treated this as a more serious crime than they do.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't equate human life with animal life, but I'm looking at from how twisted the offender is.

Zipperfish
They have to be careful with animal cruelty laws though. Those animals had a life probably on par with your average battery chicken. Torturing animals in slaughterhouses is pretty common too. We seem to have a big blindspot when it comes to food or lab animals.

B00Mer

Somebody should just kill this animal.

Suspected animal killer talked about murdering people: Girlfriend (external - login to view)
Last edited by B00Mer; 5 days ago at 01:01 AM..

Kreskin
What a waste of human flesh.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

What a waste of human flesh.

I think the use of "human" is a stretch.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

this guy should die in a fire

The guys probably a cop and felt threatened by the animals. In fact the dog was probably black.

Praxius
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I'd be more comfortable knowing an official eye was being kept on him. Which would happen if they treated this as a more serious crime than they do.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't equate human life with animal life, but I'm looking at from how twisted the offender is.

I look at this not as someone who simply wants to finger wag at the screwed up guy, but as a person who might have had his own cat or dog given away on Kijiji to someone I may have thought would care and look after my former pet. There were a few pets I found as strays who were starving and desperate which I nursed back to health, brought them back into a safe environment and amongst someone who gives a damn about them as a living being. The thing is, a couple of these animals I had to give away to another home after a few months due to moving or simply living in a small apartment and the particular animal needed more open space and freedom to burn off some energy.

I was detailed in my scanning of anybody who wanted to take them in and to make sure those animals didn't end up right where I found them or worse. Most of these animals/pets I had were under my care for at least 6 months or more. I even took in a lady's cat who was 12 years old because she was moving out to Calgary & couldn't take her with her. I took care of that cat until I had to put it down at the age of 15 due to cancer in its mouth and couldn't eat.

My sister a few years back found a litter of kittens in a dumpster behind a car dealership.... All were dead by their mother except one which she took in and raised ever since. The cat was named Farrell after the name of the dealership he was found behind (O'Farrell)

To think that one of the animals I have saved and brought back from the brink of death was handed to some suck sack like this to be tortured, beaten, killed and left taped up in some side street somewhere.... I would be personally involved in making sure they paid for what they done and ensure that they couldn't do that again to anybody else's pets. Most of the animals you see on Kijiji or elsewhere that are looking for a good home are pets that families and other individuals gave a damn about and yet need to find another home for one reason or another usually outside of their control. These people expect and hope someone who wants to take them will give a sh*t and take care of them.

For anybody in here who has a pet, picture yourself having to move a large distance away where it's virtually impractical to take your pet with you and is far less stressful to just find someone nearby to take care of them. Picture yourself in an accident that renders you unable to properly take care of your pet or you hit some hard financial times and can't afford to take care of that pet anymore.

Now picture yourself having to give that pet away to someone who smiles at you with a friendly look and seems like they would take good care of your pet..... Now picture you finding out a couple of weeks later that your pet has been found in some back alley in a burlap sack dead and half burnt while that same fuktard who looked you in the eyes not that long ago is being investigated by police for having a string of incidences of killing people's pets like your own.

There's a special place for people like this and it's in the seat right next to the pedophiles.... Another group who prey on those smaller and weaker than they are and who get personal enjoyment out of their suffering.

Humans and animals certainly have their differences, but I am a person who sees a life as a life. Animals are killed and slaughtered for food, resources and other justifiable needs, that's nature.... But when it comes to killing and torturing for the sheer excuse of pleasure and kicks, the line is visible to all & drawn clearly right there.

This guy wants to know pain, suffering, torture and the sort? I can make a nice comfortable chair to strap him in with a side table loaded with various tools to slowly take him apart from the toes & fingers and working my way inward.... I'd give him fk'n blood transfusions to keep him alive long enough to leave him as a mutilated head on a pulsating stump he used to call a torso.

That's just what I can think of if it was one of my pets killed.... Fk with anybody in my family and I'll take it to a whole new level.... Afterwards, I'd even turn myself into the police and confess.

.... I can be a sick son of a b*tch too if I wanted to, but I have principles and accept the consequences of my actions. I'm not a hypocrite
Last edited by Praxius; 5 days ago at 07:53 AM..

no new posts