Northern Gateway would up risk of whale strikes

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
marine biologist mad at evil harper and alberta :lol:

Northern Gateway would up risk of whale strikes: biologist

A marine research group says humpback and other whales are already victims of vessel strikes

blah blah blah

Northern Gateway would up risk of whale strikes: biologist - British Columbia - CBC News

The sea was angry that day my friends

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hmmm. Am I the only guy in Canada who knows that there will be 20 bulkers/container ships for every tanker?

Prince Rupert and Kitimat are 5 days closer to Asia than Vancouver making them "green ports"

Asia Pacific Gateway. Ever heard of it? Green beans haven't.

Without it, BC would be a "have not Province"

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yup, who cares about the animals or environment, as long as the fat cats, CEO's and corporations get their money..

Might not be much left but a damaged world for our children to inherit, but who cares, they won't be around and will die with a few billion in the bank.

...and you wonder why I say this world is far to over populated and a reset by Mother Nature is overdue.

Dutch Scientist Agrees to Omit Details of Killer Bird Flu Virus - ABC News

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Want to borrow my pistol?

You first, you're the biggest supporter of the greed of big business and pollution on this forum.

I think a deadly disease is the best way, it does not discriminate, like the Spanish influenza of 1918.

Let's face it, this will happen again.. and billions will be gone. Just a matter of time..

Disease can spread faster with airlines, and ease of travel and food imports worldwide ...

Hmmm. Am I the only guy in Canada who knows that there will be 20 bulkers/container ships for every tanker?

Prince Rupert and Kitimat are 5 days closer to Asia than Vancouver making them "green ports"

Asia Pacific Gateway. Ever heard of it? Green beans haven't.

Without it, BC would be a "have not Province"

...and Petro's sells the Bags of B.S. by the Truck Load.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yup, who cares about the animals or environment, as long as the fat cats, CEO's and corporations get their money..

I can't recall exactly the number of times that I've driven through moose row outside of Fox Creek and seen the aftermath of a truck vs moose encounter.

There is a helluva lot more damage done to wild life by autos/trucks hitting animals in a month than you would see with whales.

Truck carrying fireworks hits moose on highway, lights up sky | National Post

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I can't recall exactly the number of times that I've driven through moose row outside of Fox Creek and seen the aftermath of a truck vs moose encounter.

There is a helluva lot more damage done to wild life by autos/trucks hitting animals in a month than you would see with whales.

Truck carrying fireworks hits moose on highway, lights up sky | National Post

...and all along the highway, new Gas Plants and dirt roads cropping up everywhere.. driving wildlife away from it's natural habitat and stressing them out..

"Oh hold on, there is a Moose Row on Hwy 43 Alberta... where I'm talking about"

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
...and all along the highway, new Gas Plants and dirt roads cropping up everywhere.. driving wildlife away from it's natural habitat and stressing them out..

"Oh hold on, there is a Moose Row on Hwy 43 Alberta... where I'm talking about"

So, it's the evil gas plants that are killing the moose and not being hit @ 120kph?

Mind you, I gotta say that the moose in the above article sure went out in style

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
Is that a tornado coming your way... Climate Change will catch up with you soon..

Scrape that prairie sod house of yours off the foundation like it was never there.

As long as there are humans, they will keep proliferating until there are no resources left to sustain them. The only alternative is to institute various forms of population controls ranging from birth to involuntary euthanasia. There is no middle ground here.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So, it's the evil gas plants that are killing the moose and not being hit @ 120kph?

Mind you, I gotta say that the moose in the above article sure went out in style

More moose than ever in SK even the damn bears are overcrowding themselves in the bush and hitting the open prairie.

More wildlife than ever right in the midst of an oil boom. Go figure.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
More moose than ever in SK even the damn bears are overcrowding themselves in the bush and hitting the open prairie.

More wildlife than ever right in the midst of an oil boom. Go figure.

It's true.....& weird. Moose where a thing of the north through my childhood and
up to about 10yrs back, moose sightings in the south wasn't a common thing
like now.....and now the swamp donkeys are all over the place and thick on
the ground.

MOOSE POPULATION INCREASING IN SOUTHERN SASKATCHEWAN - Government of Saskatchewan

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
marine biologist mad at evil harper and alberta :lol:

Northern Gateway would up risk of whale strikes: biologist

A marine research group says humpback and other whales are already victims of vessel strikes

blah blah blah

Northern Gateway would up risk of whale strikes: biologist - British Columbia - CBC News

The sea was angry that day my friends

Statistically would not every new boat floated in salt water increase the odds of a whale strike?

If the tankers proposed for Northern Gateway are already in existence wouldn’t the odds for whale strikes remain the same?

I can see how bringing a few more tankers into Canadian waters would slightly increase whale strikes in BC waters but would not the whale strikes be equivalently reduced in the regions the tankers were operating in prior to moving through Canadian waters?

Why can the well loved, progressive, leftists in Norway drill and pipeline offshore oil like wild fiends while the mere mention of a pipeline in Canada causes howls of rage back here at home?

How do the Norwegian whales feel about all this?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Is that a tornado coming your way... Climate Change will catch up with you soon..

Scrape that prairie sod house of yours off the foundation like it was never there.

SO how is the solar powered truck doing? We are just filling a market demand while you are the market with your 6 mpg.