Tell me this isn't wrong!!!!!

View Poll Results: Should the Resturant be Boycotted?
Boycot them and watch them go belly up 14 82.35%
Its okay to put Canadians out of work for cheaper slave labor 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

canuck50
I read this article today and I was ready to blow my stack. Now this is not to say it happens everywhere but this just made me see red... Please read this article and tell me that you don't see a problem here.

Waitresses in Saskatchewan lose jobs to foreign workers - Saskatchewan - CBC News

I know I will never set foot in that restaurant again and if anyone I know does, they need a good swift kick in the behind.

I see the need for foreign workers, but at the cost of CANADIANS losing their jobs over it? I think the owners of the restaurant should be paying these employees for the next 10 years as punishment and to make an example of the people that twist the act.

Please take the time to vote. Maybe we can send this to Capitol Hill and get things changed.

BOYCOTT BROTHERS RESTURANT IN WEYBURN SK.
Last edited by canuck50; Apr 21st, 2014 at 11:08 PM..

bill barilko
+1
That's pretty bad and to think those meatheads think they'll get away with it this will bite them in the *** one way or t'other.

WLDB
+2
Fu cked up. This is part of why i think that program shouldn't exist at all.

talloola
+2
that is totally wrong, there has to be a place for the laid off workers to officially launch a
complaint, and 'then' receive help, and the company should be made to rehire them.

i suppose its easy for the employer to get around this just by lying about 'why' they were laid off.

petros
I'll boycott it by proxy. I do everything possible under the sun to stay away from Weyburn as it is. Too many f-cking jib rats down there.

JLM
I've always believed that all things being equal, the locals should be hired first as long as they are qualified. Which brings to mind another situation that kind of pisses me off. That is people who will drive 20 or 30 miles to another town for shopping as they think they can save a couple of bucks. We have two superstores here in town yet people will drive 30 miles to Kelowna to shop at Costco. Unless you are buying $1000 worth of merchandise, the gas and wear and tear on your vehicle will eat up any savings. I've always believed in supporting the local merchant and your neighbours who work for him.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I've always believed that all things being equal, the locals should be hired first as long as they are qualified. Which brings to mind another situation that kind of pisses me off. That is people who will drive 20 or 30 miles to another town for shopping as they think they can save a couple of bucks. We have two superstores here in town yet people will drive 30 miles to Kelowna to shop at Costco. Unless you are buying $1000 worth of merchandise, the gas and wear and tear on your vehicle will eat up any savings. I've always believed in supporting the local merchant and your neighbours who work for him.

Plus half of what you buy goes bad before you eat it, so there are much in the way of savings.

BornRuff
+2
Luckily it seems like this has gotten the attention of the Feds and they will likely be solving this specific situation.

The TFW program definitely has its merits, but like any government program they have to be vigilant for abuse.

Walter
+2
The more exclamation marks used the more important something is....in grade 7.

lone wolf
+1
What can we expect when big business practice is applied to running countries

tay
Yes of course it's wrong. It's the opposite to the values Canadians grew up with for 100 or more years once the Social contract was instilled..............

Libertarian economists, who treat the market as universal—disengaged from local cultures and historic time—are fanatics whose ideas end in tragedy. Their prescription means “no less than the running of society as an adjunct to the market. Instead of economy being embedded in social relations, social relations are embedded in the economic system.”

Karl Polanyi Explains It All (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
"The business of government is business."
--Calvin Coolidge, U.S. President 1921-1925

lone wolf
+1
"Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." - Abraham Lincoln

...and Saskatchewan is in Canada

Locutus
'temporary' foreign workers.

temporary.

what the fuk does that mean then.

bitches work here 4 months and we fuk them back to the pimple nation they came from?

seems like not.

time to sort this sh!t out.

Sal
disturbing, this needs to be sorted out and heavy fines applied...

if it was an employee behavioral problem and this was their way of firing them, that needs to be handled too

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

"Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." - Abraham Lincoln

"Until the people decide to secede, whereupon it becomes government by me."
--Abraham Lincoln (line struck out of Gettysburg Address)

...and Saskatchewan is in Canada[/QUOTE]
And we're content to let it remain there.

For now.

EagleSmack
+1
Wow... some of you folks are sounding VERY conservative when you typically do not.

Twila
+2
Maybe the money being paid to apply for Temp Foreign Workers should have gone to the wages of Canadians. Maybe if they paid a living wage then they could find people to work these jobs. Why should a company expect Canadians to support them if they won't support Canadians?

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

What can we expect when big business practice is applied to running countries

I don't know if it is a "big" business thing. It seems like every time I hear about temporary foreign workers, it is a small business. Lots of franchise businesses and small independent businesses seem to be getting into trouble.

Any company large enough to have an HR department would at very least be better at hiding this stuff.

EagleSmack
You'd never know how many Tea Partiers are up there in Canada when stuff like this happens.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Maybe the money being paid to apply for Temp Foreign Workers should have gone to the wages of Canadians. Maybe if they paid a living wage then they could find people to work these jobs. Why should a company expect Canadians to support them if they won't support Canadians?

You hit the nail on the head, Twila!

Kreskin
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

You'd never know how many Tea Partiers are up there in Canada when stuff like this happens.

We learned all about tea from the Queen. If you come to Victoria I will take you to the Empress for tea and crumpets.

pgs
+1

Maybe if they didn't lay the Canadian employee off to hire the temporary foreign worker there wouldn't be a problem .

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

We learned all about tea from the Queen. If you come to Victoria I will take you to the Empress for tea and crumpets.

Right-O old chap!

pgs
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Is that tiger still hanging on the wall in the Bombay Room ?
The last bastion of the British Empire , and the forefront of the eco friendly . Victoria .

But both groups still pipe their sh-t untreated into the sea .

EagleSmack
+1
I dare say this type of talk calls tolerance, welcoming, and inclusiveness into question.

Sal
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

I dare say this type of talk calls tolerance, welcoming, and inclusiveness into question.

nope, once they become Canadian we will defend their right to work over those coming in behind them...we are super tolerant, and welcoming and inclusive but don't s hit on us or we get super snarly.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Maybe if they didn't lay the Canadian employee off to hire the temporary foreign worker there wouldn't be a problem .

agreed. There are stories saying employees have been laid off or aren't being given the hours and some of these business say they can't find workers for these positions. But they won't raise the wage...

If they can't find workers and they won't raise the wage, how can these temporary foreign workers be temporary? What's going to change 4-6-8 months from now?

I see a bigger story coming to light shortly.

Sal

I see a bigger story coming to light shortly.

yup, temporary my a rse

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

nope, once they become Canadian we will defend their right to work over those coming in behind them...we are super tolerant, and welcoming and inclusive but don't s hit on us or we get super snarly.

That is what we conservatives say. Come here legally and become citizens, etc. We are branded racist and intolerant.

I dare say Sal... you sound very... Republican!

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

yup, temporary my a rse

VERY Republican!