Tell me this isn't wrong!!!!!

Should the Resturant be Boycotted?

• Total voters

canuck50

Nov 11, 2011
Beside Ron in Regina
I read this article today and I was ready to blow my stack. Now this is not to say it happens everywhere but this just made me see red... Please read this article and tell me that you don't see a problem here.

Waitresses in Saskatchewan lose jobs to foreign workers - Saskatchewan - CBC News

I know I will never set foot in that restaurant again and if anyone I know does, they need a good swift kick in the behind.

I see the need for foreign workers, but at the cost of CANADIANS losing their jobs over it? I think the owners of the restaurant should be paying these employees for the next 10 years as punishment and to make an example of the people that twist the act.

Please take the time to vote. Maybe we can send this to Capitol Hill and get things changed.

BOYCOTT BROTHERS RESTURANT IN WEYBURN SK.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
that is totally wrong, there has to be a place for the laid off workers to officially launch a
complaint, and 'then' receive help, and the company should be made to rehire them.

i suppose its easy for the employer to get around this just by lying about 'why' they were laid off.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll boycott it by proxy. I do everything possible under the sun to stay away from Weyburn as it is. Too many f-cking jib rats down there.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've always believed that all things being equal, the locals should be hired first as long as they are qualified. Which brings to mind another situation that kind of pisses me off. That is people who will drive 20 or 30 miles to another town for shopping as they think they can save a couple of bucks. We have two superstores here in town yet people will drive 30 miles to Kelowna to shop at Costco. Unless you are buying $1000 worth of merchandise, the gas and wear and tear on your vehicle will eat up any savings. I've always believed in supporting the local merchant and your neighbours who work for him.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I've always believed that all things being equal, the locals should be hired first as long as they are qualified. Which brings to mind another situation that kind of pisses me off. That is people who will drive 20 or 30 miles to another town for shopping as they think they can save a couple of bucks. We have two superstores here in town yet people will drive 30 miles to Kelowna to shop at Costco. Unless you are buying $1000 worth of merchandise, the gas and wear and tear on your vehicle will eat up any savings. I've always believed in supporting the local merchant and your neighbours who work for him.
Plus half of what you buy goes bad before you eat it, so there are much in the way of savings.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Luckily it seems like this has gotten the attention of the Feds and they will likely be solving this specific situation.

The TFW program definitely has its merits, but like any government program they have to be vigilant for abuse.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The more exclamation marks used the more important something is....in grade 7.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Yes of course it's wrong. It's the opposite to the values Canadians grew up with for 100 or more years once the Social contract was instilled..............

Libertarian economists, who treat the market as universal—disengaged from local cultures and historic time—are fanatics whose ideas end in tragedy. Their prescription means “no less than the running of society as an adjunct to the market. Instead of economy being embedded in social relations, social relations are embedded in the economic system.”

Karl Polanyi Explains It All

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
'temporary' foreign workers.

temporary.

what the fuk does that mean then.

bitches work here 4 months and we fuk them back to the pimple nation they came from?

seems like not.

time to sort this sh!t out.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
disturbing, this needs to be sorted out and heavy fines applied...

if it was an employee behavioral problem and this was their way of firing them, that needs to be handled too

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." - Abraham Lincoln
"Until the people decide to secede, whereupon it becomes government by me."
--Abraham Lincoln (line struck out of Gettysburg Address)

...and Saskatchewan is in Canada[/QUOTE]
And we're content to let it remain there.

For now.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Maybe the money being paid to apply for Temp Foreign Workers should have gone to the wages of Canadians. Maybe if they paid a living wage then they could find people to work these jobs. Why should a company expect Canadians to support them if they won't support Canadians?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
What can we expect when big business practice is applied to running countries

I don't know if it is a "big" business thing. It seems like every time I hear about temporary foreign workers, it is a small business. Lots of franchise businesses and small independent businesses seem to be getting into trouble.

Any company large enough to have an HR department would at very least be better at hiding this stuff.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You'd never know how many Tea Partiers are up there in Canada when stuff like this happens.