4 stabbed At Random in Regina Downtown Mall.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
REGINA -- Regina's central shopping centre erupted into violence Tuesday as a knife-wielding youth went on a random stabbing spree, wounding four.

"There was a guy lying right beside the Virgin Mobile booth, just behind it, with a pool of blood coming out of him," said Jordan Russell, an eyewitness to the attacks in Regina's downtown Cornwall Centre. "He got stabbed in the neck. I didn't see where else."

View a gallery of the aftermath of the stabbings here.

Russell said he saw a second stabbing victim in the Second Cup, right near the entrance to the mall.

Police said four males were wounded in the supperhour attacks.

Three victims were transported to hospital via ambulance. The severity of their injuries was unknown Tuesday night. The fourth victim was treated by EMS on scene.

Police officers, who were in the mall as part of their downtown patrol beat, were alerted of the stabbings at 6:01 p.m.

They ordered the male suspect to drop the knife, but he threw it at the officers, police said. He missed, and was then taken into custody without further incident.

Charges against the male youth are pending.

According to a Regina police news release, the youth, armed with the knife, entered the mall through the 11th Avenue doors and attacked people at random in close proximity.

There is no known connection between the four victims or the victims and the suspect.

The stabbings had multiple witnesses.

Russell said the suspect, who was apprehended by police, was wearing a red bandana.

David Clark saw the weapon and described it as a long kitchen knife.

Clark was coming down the escalator when he heard a woman yelling at a group of young men.

"I thought it looked, at first, like two guys were beating up on one guy," Clark said. "I went right up in there and I broke it up."

As he broke up the scuffle, he saw the knife in the suspect's hand. Clark saw police officers draw their weapons on the suspect.

The mall was closed after the incident and the scene was secured by police. The investigation is ongoing, with the involvement of Major Crimes and Forensic Identification.

Gallery of aftermath photos Photos: Stabbing at Regina's Cornwall Centre

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
REGINA -- Regina's central shopping centre erupted into violence Tuesday as a knife-wielding youth went on a random stabbing spree, wounding four.

"There was a guy lying right beside the Virgin Mobile booth, just behind it, with a pool of blood coming out of him," said Jordan Russell, an eyewitness to the attacks in Regina's downtown Cornwall Centre. "He got stabbed in the neck. I didn't see where else."

View a gallery of the aftermath of the stabbings here.

Russell said he saw a second stabbing victim in the Second Cup, right near the entrance to the mall.

Police said four males were wounded in the supperhour attacks.

Three victims were transported to hospital via ambulance. The severity of their injuries was unknown Tuesday night. The fourth victim was treated by EMS on scene.

Police officers, who were in the mall as part of their downtown patrol beat, were alerted of the stabbings at 6:01 p.m.

They ordered the male suspect to drop the knife, but he threw it at the officers, police said. He missed, and was then taken into custody without further incident.

Charges against the male youth are pending.

According to a Regina police news release, the youth, armed with the knife, entered the mall through the 11th Avenue doors and attacked people at random in close proximity.

There is no known connection between the four victims or the victims and the suspect.

The stabbings had multiple witnesses.

Russell said the suspect, who was apprehended by police, was wearing a red bandana.

David Clark saw the weapon and described it as a long kitchen knife.

Clark was coming down the escalator when he heard a woman yelling at a group of young men.

"I thought it looked, at first, like two guys were beating up on one guy," Clark said. "I went right up in there and I broke it up."

As he broke up the scuffle, he saw the knife in the suspect's hand. Clark saw police officers draw their weapons on the suspect.

The mall was closed after the incident and the scene was secured by police. The investigation is ongoing, with the involvement of Major Crimes and Forensic Identification.

Gallery of aftermath photos Photos: Stabbing at Regina's Cornwall Centre
Another one yikes we have to do something about this .
I know lets spent a couple of billion and set up a registry .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Or discontinue knife sales nation wide. You'll have to buy pre-cut pork chops but life will go on.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
All these stabbings have to do with mental health issues that tend to be ignored in our society.

If you take away the guns, they'll use knives.
take away the knives, they'll use screwdrivers.
Take away the screwdrivers,someone will sharpen a carrot and kill someone.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Since this, and Calgary, didn't happen in Toronto, it basically ain't no thang.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
One of the favorite weapons used by our notorious motorcycle enthusiasts is the ball peen hammer. can be carried openly or concealed and is deadly as hell.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Will that be a long knife registry or will we have to cover all of them? Maybe we can pass a law so you can only have plastic ones.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Boy, 15, charged after four stabbed in Regina mall
QMI Agency
First posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:54 AM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:06 PM EDT
A 15-year-old boy has now been charged after four people were stabbed at a Regina shopping mall Tuesday evening.
Police say it appears the boy, who cannot be named because of his age, took a knife into the Cornwall Centre and "randomly attacked people in close proximity."
Officers were in the mall as part of their downtown patrol and were able to respond immediately to the reports. They were able to get the suspect to drop the knife before taking him into custody.
All four of the victims were male - three were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries while one was treated at the scene and released.
Police said there does not appear to be any connection between the suspect and the four victims.
A motive is also not known.
The teen has been charged with three counts of aggravated assault, assault with a weapon and two charges of breach of an undertaking.
Boy, 15, charged after four stabbed in Regina mall | Canada | News | Toronto Sun