Ukraine Govt Military forces move against eastern areas where pro Russians have taken

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Ukraine Govt Military forces move against eastern areas where pro Russians have taken control.
Is Ukraine headed for a civil war?

Russia is pushing for a federation where most of the power would be devolved. Essentially keeping Ukraine divided and weak.

Last thing Russia wants or will tolerate is a strong united Ukraine.

The Pro EU officials within the Govt have to ensure that rights are balanced.

Language, culture, and Religion given equal protection within a new constitution.

Regions should have more authority but up to a certain point.

Much like the Provinces of Canada have within Confederation.

If violence erupts where deaths/casualties are excessive this would give Russia the reason to move. The reason they are looking for.

And the EU- US- NATO will do nothing.

Ukraine leader says anti-terror operation under way in Donetsk region - CNN.com

Are you there? Show us what's happening if you can do so safely.

Kharkiv, Ukraine (CNN) -- An "anti-terrorist operation" is under way in Ukraine's eastern Donetsk region against pro-Russia protesters, Kiev declared on Tuesday, with armored personnel carriers seen on the road in the restive area.

Twenty-four hours after a Ukrainian ultimatum expired for the protesters to lay down their arms, acting President Oleksandr Turchynov told Parliament the operation would be "conducted step by step, responsibly, cautiously."

"The aim of these actions is to protect the citizens of Ukraine, to stop terror, to stop criminality, to stop attempts to tear Ukraine to pieces," he said.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This has ripples all the way to Syria. If Ukr doesn't put it foot down the Neo-Bolsheviks will start even worse aggressions.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
This has ripples all the way to Syria. If Ukr doesn't put it foot down the Neo-Bolsheviks will start even worse aggressions.

Well we have seen the former Stans all sit back, shxt themselves and take note of the reason used to invade Crimea.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Kharkiv, Ukraine (CNN) -- An "anti-terrorist operation" is under way in Ukraine's eastern Donetsk region against pro-Russia protesters, Kiev declared on Tuesday, with armored personnel carriers seen on the road in the restive area.

Twenty-four hours after a Ukrainian ultimatum expired for the protesters to lay down their arms, acting President Oleksandr Turchynov told Parliament the operation would be "conducted step by step, responsibly, cautiously."

"The aim of these actions is to protect the citizens of Ukraine,
.... to stop terror,
.... to stop criminality,
.....to stop attempts to tear Ukraine to pieces," he said
Easy to see the CIA is writing his press releases. The three steps the ones in 'power' used when they overthrew the elected Govt.

Watch it implode from the inside and that will also be the end of NATO and the IMF.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
And what is that reason?
Maybe we should all sit in a circle and have a two-minute hate?

They all have ethnic Russians within their respective countries.
How is this a hate on - Russia does not want a strong, united Ukraine. As they refer to the near abroad, their back yard, Russia's right (Putin Doctrine) to intervene in countries to protect ethnic Russians.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I hope the Ukraine has stocked up on RPGs.

Apparently the Russian have learned from their Military performance when they invaded parts of Georgia.
With the right equipment, training, real time info, the Ukrainians can inflict substantial causalities.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
They all have ethnic Russians within their respective countries.
How is this a hate on - Russia does not want a strong, united Ukraine. As they refer to the near abroad, their back yard, Russia's right (Putin Doctrine) to intervene in countries to protect ethnic Russians.

Help me out here, my friend, So, the "ethnic Russians" living in the eastern Ukraine are not Ukrainian? The elected government overthrown by militant protestors in Kiev was not Ukrainian, but the new government, hastily recognized by us in the West, in spite of extreme-right elements, is Ukrainian? The aspirations of those residents in the western regions are to be recognised, but not in the east?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Help me out here, my friend, So, the "ethnic Russians" living in the eastern Ukraine are not Ukrainian? The elected government overthrown by militant protestors in Kiev was not Ukrainian, but the new government, hastily recognized by us in the West, in spite of extreme-right elements, is Ukrainian? The aspirations of those residents in the western regions are to be recognised, but not in the east?

Where have I stated such.
Yes there are Russian- EU-US interests at work.
And past Govts. have been thrown out.
The East- West divide in the Ukraine is deep, goes back generations.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Extreme Right... come now!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I noticed the US forked over $1.1B of the $2.2B the Ukraine owes Russia for NG. Trying to lull Russia to sleep or the move of somebody holding a busted flush? Putin doesn'e even have to be a super chess player when the US can't even play Chinese checkers.

We will see NATO move troops into front line states. That was not considered by NATO before this.
And it will play out over the next decade. Perhaps the EU will stop depending upon the US and start to look after themselves?
Regardless, as the US cuts the EU will have no choice.
Not entirely true..

RAPID TRIDENT