Calgary stabbings: 4 male youths, 1 female dead

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A suspect is in custody after five young people — four males and one female in their late teens to early 20s — died following early-morning stabbings in northwest Calgary.

The stabbings happened around 1:20 a.m. MT on Tuesday at an address in the 100 block of Butler Crescent N.W., police said.

According to neighbours, the youths had been celebrating the last day of university classes with a fire in a home's backyard.

Bermuda Shorts Day festivities to mark the end of the University of Calgary’s winter semester have been a campus tradition since 1960.

Three people were pronounced dead at the scene while two others were taken to hospital in critical, life-threatening condition, and later died, officials said.Four of those who died were male and one was female, officials said.

more

Calgary stabbings: 4 male youths, 1 female dead - Calgary - CBC News

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
A suspect is in custody after five young people — four males and one female in their late teens to early 20s — died following early-morning stabbings in northwest Calgary.

The stabbings happened around 1:20 a.m. MT on Tuesday at an address in the 100 block of Butler Crescent N.W., police said.

According to neighbours, the youths had been celebrating the last day of university classes with a fire in a home's backyard.

Bermuda Shorts Day festivities to mark the end of the University of Calgary’s winter semester have been a campus tradition since 1960.

Three people were pronounced dead at the scene while two others were taken to hospital in critical, life-threatening condition, and later died, officials said.Four of those who died were male and one was female, officials said.

more

Calgary stabbings: 4 male youths, 1 female dead - Calgary - CBC News
Good thing there were no guns in the house .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The vast majority of violent crimes are domestic crimes with alcohol involved and this is a perfect example.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
sure you have. xacto knife is a box cutter

Excuse me Sir... THIS is no box cutter! When I am using my advanced artistic skills I do not reach for my "box cutter" when reaching for this.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Excuse me Sir... THIS is no box cutter! When I am using my advanced artistic skills I do not reach for my "box cutter" when reaching for this.

xacto makes more than just that design knife

Save On Discount X-Acto Snap-Off Knife With Ratchet Locking System #X3246 & More Board / Box Cutters, Utility Knives at Utrecht

That is a tool and until that day the word box cutter never existed.

So is a screwdriver a "tool" as well as yourself at times. "Box cutter" has been a generic term for a knife/blade used for opening boxes. They had minimal penetration which would enable retailers to cut open boxes without damaging the product inside. I have heard and used the term since I was a teen, so that would be in around 40 years now. Well before 9/11.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014

xacto makes more than just that design knife

Save On Discount X-Acto Snap-Off Knife With Ratchet Locking System #X3246 & More Board / Box Cutters, Utility Knives at Utrecht

So is a screwdriver a "tool" as well as yourself at times. "Box cutter" has been a generic term for a knife/blade used for opening boxes. They had minimal penetration which would enable retailers to cut open boxes without damaging the product inside. I have heard and used the term since I was a teen, so that would be in around 40 years now. Well before 9/11.

Yeah but an xacto blade as shown is not the same as an exacto snap off knife.

xacto blades are a must for model builders, where as a axacto knife is just exacto making a box cutter with a legendary name .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The vast majority of violent crimes are domestic crimes with alcohol involved and this is a perfect example.

Until we hear more I guessing one of two scenarios- 1. He got into some bad street drugs or 2. He was on medication for Bi polar or schitzo and decided to go off his drugs.

First degree murder charges are contemplated. I sure wouldn't down play the seriousness of this tragic event but I am wondering at this early stage how they are able to determine five counts of first degree. Six totally wasted lives!