Conservative government supports torture.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
How does this reflect Canadian values?

Tories secretly gave Canadian military OK to share info despite torture risk - Politics - CBC News

The federal policy has drawn sharp criticism from human rights advocates and opposition MPs, who say it effectively condones torture, contrary to international law and Canada's United Nations commitments.

The war in Afghanistan is a stark illustration of the fact Canadian military forces can and do develop close relationships with foreign security forces that are unquestionably responsible for torture, said Alex Neve, secretary general for Amnesty Canada.

A policy that leaves the door open for the possibility of collaboration even if torture may result "is particularly troubling," Neve said in an interview.

The memo says the Defence directive was to flow from a federal framework that "establishes a consistent process of decision making" across departments and agencies when the exchange of national-security related information puts someone at serious risk of being tortured.

Federal conservative values maybe, but not traditional Canadian ones.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Oh look, yawn, another cut and paste piece of spam from the Cobalt Kid.

Yes, I'm sure that CBC has no real standing when it comes to news in Canada.:roll:

If you have nothing remotely relevant to say then why even post on topics you obviously have no real interest in discussing?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yes, I'm sure that CBC has no real standing when it comes to news in Canada.:roll:

If you have nothing remotely relevant to say then why even post on topics you obviously have no real interest in discussing?

I watched the CBC try and smear our soldiers with the old torture crap and it didn't pass the sniff test.

Oh, and to answer your question. Why don't you go wipe that Liberal Jizz off your chin before it leaves a stain.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Just stop it and turn it up, I don't want mommy and daddy to yell about Stephen with a ph..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Makes you wonder how many of the "posters" here are conservative sock puppets when the same people come on and say the same thing over and over again in response to certain key issues.

It's not like we're dealing with a government with any identifiable morals, this is just more evidence as far as I'm concerned.

Torture is wrong, I don't care how Harper or any of his people try and spin it.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Makes you wonder how many of the "posters" here are conservative sock puppets when the same people come on and say the same thing over and over again in response to certain key issues.

It's not like we're dealing with a government with any identifiable morals, this is just more evidence as far as I'm concerned.

I really think that even the people who are conservative who which I may not agree are not 'sock puppets'.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

According to the criteria you have described, you would be Conservative. Red or Blue Tory?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I get that conservatives would just love to live in a non-informational environment,but I'm really tired of being with stupid.

In the future reply to my posts with facts and with respect or expect no reply.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I get that conservatives would just love to live in a non-informational environment,but I'm really tired of being with stupid.

You don't get what you don't give. Respect is earned, oh but some think they do not have to earn respect, it is automatically a given. Welcome to reality- It is earned.
And you have not earned it, as a matter of fact, if it was economics you are running a significant and long term deficit. Structural deficit comes to mind, from the neck up.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Let's break this down shall we.

I get that conservatives would just love to live in a non-informational environment,but I'm really tired of being with stupid. <-----This is fact right? Full of facts about us Conservatives wanting to live in a non-informational environment. Uhhuh,. yup that's it.

You know about as much about facts as the Kool Aid drinkers in Jonestown. And respect. You haven't exercised an ounce of respect since you got here Gilligan. All you've done is spam the board with your propaganda. You don't want to debate, you want to shout down the other person and now that people have started hammering on you about it you're making demands that will never be met.

So here's a rolling donut, how about you take a flying leap at it.

I really think that even the people who are conservative who which I may not agree are not 'sock puppets'.

Oh you're just a closet conservative sock puppet for making such an outragous statement.

Last edited: