Tosh.0 Producer mistakenly killed by police

Retired_Can_Soldier

Tosh0 Assistant Shot By Hollywood Police John Winkler Mistakenly Killed By Los Angeles Sheriff - YouTube

EagleSmack
Break out the check book LA!

Colpy
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
I hate to say it, but it begins to appear that US police are completely out of control.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Sound like a real gong show. The real assailant entered the apartment with a machete and started slashing everyone. This guy was on his way out the door. I'm trying to understand why, if he had no weapon, they just didn't taze or tackle him.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Sound like a real gong show. The real assailant entered the apartment with a machete and started slashing everyone. This guy was on his way out the door. I'm trying to understand why, if he had no weapon, they just didn't taze or tackle him.

Because it's easier to play "Dirty Harry" and "shoot first, ask questions later".

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Because it's easier to play "Dirty Harry" and "shoot first, ask questions later".

I don't know how much easier it is. These cops will be under the microscope and the department will be cutting a cheque.

PoliticalNick
+3
The report says they banged on the door and when he opened it they opened fire. WTF did they expect? Were they thinking the dude with the machete was gonna answer the door for the cops? Seems to me not many people will be opening doors for the cops anymore as it is dangerous to your health and life.

One of the biggest problems lies in the fact they will not be charged or disciplined and this will most likely be deemed a justified shooting giving clearance to all other cops that shooting someone without real cause is just fine.

gerryh

I don't know how much easier it is. These cops will be under the microscope and the department will be cutting a cheque.

Really? We'll see.

EagleSmack
+2
I think they will be as well.

A guy comes running out of the apartment all bloody (as the report said) and their first instinct is to shoot?! That is right out of a South Park episode.

MHz
I wonder how they will handle it on the show?

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

I hate to say it, but it begins to appear that US police are completely out of control.

Law enforcement people in California are afraid because of the level of disfunction and violence out here. As a result they have a low threshold for the use of deadly force.

Sal
+1

Tosh0 Assistant Shot By Hollywood Police John Winkler Mistakenly Killed By Los Angeles Sheriff - YouTube

not much shocks me anymore...gotta say...BUT, this is a 100 on a one to ten scale...

the guy is dead because he answered a door expecting to be rescued and these clowns blew him away

it boggles the mind how this could happen

actually it not only boggles the mind, it is fear producing if you allow your head to go there

eh1eh
+1
Americans are at war with themselves. Sad sad sad.

shadowshiv
They could be back to work as early as next week. I'm sure that's comforting to his family.

And it sounds like the suspect is being charged with murder even though the victim was killed by the police. I guess it's because the victim died in the commission of a felony crime?