Standoff at nevada ranch

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Defiant Nevada rancher faces armed federal agents in escalating confiscation standoff

A long-simmering dispute between a Nevada cattle rancher and the federal Bureau of Land Management has reached a boiling point, and participants have their fingers crossed it won’t erupt into violence.

Since 1993, Cliven Bundy has been battling the agency, as well as the National Park Service, the Center for Biological Diversity and the courts, to graze his cattle on 150 square miles of Gold Butte scrub land in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. He stopped paying his grazing fees back then, saying he “fired” the Bureau of Land Management as land manager. His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control, TheBlaze reported.

“I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,” he asserted, explaining to TheBlaze that this includes the right to forage, too.

more

Defiant Nevada rancher faces armed federal agents in escalating confiscation standoff - BizPac Review

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Here's a big hairy entry for the Juxtaposition file :

9/04/14 - The Feds are/were planning a "Waco" event against a Nevada rancher for grazing cattle on the endangered desert tortoise range.

Your government at work: Feds ATTACK lone cattle rancher with army --to protect a tortoise - Politics & Policy - News - Catholic Online

8/25/13 - Feds close Desert tortoise recovery project and euthanize desert tortoises-

Desert Tortoise Conservation Center's plan to euthanize hundreds of the tortoises in Nevada by 2014. | Peace . Gold . LOVE

it's about depopulating rural North America of family farming and grabbing the land - agenda 21 in action people.

Reader Tips - Small Dead Animals

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I almost hope this comes to a head with armed conflict. It may well be the spark in the tinderbox that ignites the fires of the common citizens (the actual owners of our countries) against the corporate controlled govts who usurp power through executive orders and legislation that is in direct opposition of the constitutions. Any lives lost will be a shame but quite possibly necessary in order to restore power to the people. Governments have been pushing harder and further to take away our innate human rights and control the population and the push back is inevitable eventually. I will always stand with the citizens and against the govt until such time as the govt represents the citizens as it is supposed to. I have been warning of a 'blood in the streets' rebellion for a few years now and it would seem it might just be starting in Nevada over a bunch of tortoises.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Well America is indebted to the Chinese. Those ranchers included.
They are profiting from Chinese sweat shop labor practices. Before you balk, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts everyone of those ranchers shops the rollbacks at Wallymart. Get that militia to Chinkland and rustle some jobs back to this continent you gun happy, greedy American slobs.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well America is indebted to the Chinese. Those ranchers included.
They are profiting from Chinese sweat shop labor practices. Before you balk, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts everyone of those ranchers shops the rollbacks at Wallymart. Get that militia to Chinkland and rustle some jobs back to this continent you gun happy, greedy American slobs.
Right. I'll get right on that.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
This will not end well. Someone will be seriously injured or killed.

Why would the US Govt. need snipers to seize and euthanize this family's cattle? Has the federal govt. ever lied before? If someone lies to you once it is best to presume that someone is lying again until the presumption is rebutted.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
He himself admits he stopped paying his grazing fees in 1993 which means he admits
the land does not actually belong to him. If that is the case the law is not in the wrong.
Its not tyranny if he hasn't payed and in the past by paying the fees he admits the land
is not his.
Now he is paying the price of his own making. Tyranny my foot he is freeloading he did
not pay the fee he used to pay up until 93. If he had paid the fees he would have legal
claim to grandfather but by non payment and refusal to pay he put himself in jeopardy

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
He himself admits he stopped paying his grazing fees in 1993 which means he admits
the land does not actually belong to him. If that is the case the law is not in the wrong.
Its not tyranny if he hasn't payed and in the past by paying the fees he admits the land
is not his.
Now he is paying the price of his own making. Tyranny my foot he is freeloading he did
not pay the fee he used to pay up until 93. If he had paid the fees he would have legal
claim to grandfather but by non payment and refusal to pay he put himself in jeopardy

His family worked the land for many many years before the BLM was even in existence therefore he has a prior claim and shouldn't have to pay anything. That is where the argument started back in 93. The BLM basically usurped his prior right to utilize the land and demanded payment for his continued use. That isn't just tyranny but also extortion by the federal govt. The land in question actually belongs to the state of Nevada who are ok with his continued use of it. If the feds were not trying to claim the land as theirs to set up a chinese solar farm none of this would be an issue.

No matter what it is about time there was armed insurrection against a government that has torn up the constitution and bill of rights, abolished 'posse comitatus' (if you don't know what that is look it up), and is openly spying on the citizens it is supposed to serve. My big hope is that it may spill over into Canada and we will demolish our current govt and the broken system so as to start over with much of our true freedoms and rights restored.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
No-Fly zone alert issued over Bundy Ranch

4/1687 NOTAM Details

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

it's about depopulating rural North America of family farming and grabbing the land - agenda 21 in action people.

It is. Let's not forget all the help from introduced cultivated disease, miseducation, poison foodstuffs and vaccination of infants. Driving the rurals into concentrations of urban and suburban areas will make the final solution efficient. If I were an urban dweller I would be getting out of town while one still can and spending the next six months setting up home in the bush.